Thinking about going to college.

I went at 24. You'll be classified as a nontraditional student, which is good. Increasing you access to free money.

After being on my own for 7 years, it was a job to me. They had something I wanted, I had to figure out how to jump thru their hoops.

Borrow the least you can get away with. Fuck 19 year olds. Phone Post 3.0

I went back to school at 23 or 24. Started with a community college and got my AA. Then transferred to a 4 year and got my bachelors and then masters. It's never too late brah Phone Post 3.0

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - I'm 26 now, never went to college after high school. It always seemed kinda like a waste, with all the student loans. I have a decent job, make about 22/hr, but everyday it becomes more apparent that this is not what I want to do forever.

Anybody have experience going to College 10 years late? Should I do it? Should I just find a different job, and stay out of debt? I have social anxiety, and I'm worried about showing up, looking way older than everybody else, and sticking out. Phone Post 3.0
Do it. Go online so you can work and pay your way through. Graduate with a degree and no debt. Phone Post 3.0

Computer Science

You will be a scientist!

Dan O'Connell -

Computer Science

You will be a scientist!

That profession probably has the highest chances of me scoring a job from home, right? Phone Post 3.0

Or rather, scoring a job where I work from home. Phone Post 3.0

I started a thread a year or so ago when I started college at 34 years old, so 26 is nothing. In fact, I'd say that's the perfect time to do it, since you have learned a bit about the real world, have some idea of what you might want to do, but still plenty of time to do it.

If you attend college half time (doing 2 courses per term), you qualify for tax credits that will basically pay for half of your college costs (assuming you are at a community college). Right now it's costing me about $2500 a year after the credit.

I wanted to shave time off my degree path, so I took CLEP tests for some of the subjects I didn't want to spend the time taking courses for. The CLEP tests weren't easy, but I saved about $3000 and took 6 months off earning my degree (only spent a few weeks on the CLEP test prep).

After a year, I have 52 credits, so almost half way done, and that was doing a "half time" schedule, plus the CLEP credits.