This app is unusable

I can’t even scroll through a thread without this fucking thing jumping all over the place making reading anything in any sort or order damn near impossible. Well done top men.

45 Likes

I haven’t had that issue. I’ve seen multiple people say that though

1 Like

Happens to me too…screen will just go blank and you have to go back a page

16 Likes

What devices are you guys on?

1 Like

I have the same issue. It’s horrible.

6 Likes

Using the app on iOS

6 Likes

Interesting. I have an older Iphone. It’s a 6s I believe and it works well. I wonder if it’s a bandwidth/speed issue?

1 Like

Yup same shit here. Super frustrating.

3 Likes

I am experiencing this as well. iOS app.

3 Likes

Im using the discourse app and it’s working quite smoothly

2 Likes

Yup, I’ve been through a lot of changes on this site and have seen all sorts of bugs and other nonsense - this change is easily the worst decision yet, for both the website and the app.

I really don’t think Kirik, Chris and whoever else makes decisions have any concept of how normal users perceive this place.

‘How about we massively change the layout and strip out user friendly functionality at the same time’ - great job Top Men, great job.

10 Likes

The jumping is due to a glitch in the ad units. We are working on it! Happy to offer everyone a free blue, shoot me a message.

5 Likes

which user friendly functionality are you missing?

2 Likes

Same issue for me. I’m on an IPhone X.

1 Like

Good to hear, looking forward to the update. Discourse is fine though in the meantime. For the record, using an iPhone 12 mini, experiencing same issues as OP in the app.

Edit: Yeah discourse sucks too. Bummer

1 Like

I cant even log on with the iOS app…

Keeps telling me the login or password is wrong despite it being exactly what I login with on the site.

1 Like

Multiple issues for me as well. Massive blank spaces, then will show strings of posts I’ve already read and scrolled passed.

Pretty frustrating and essentially unusable at this point.

3 Likes

All the iOS app is doing is pulling up Discourse in a webview. Honestly this is the first I’ve heard anyone. having this issue. I believe if you login on the mobile site (through Safari) the cookie would follow you to the app as well (but I’m not 100% sure).

3 Likes

I was finally able to get in… had to completely uninstall and reinstall…

Something about just updating hosed things.

1 Like

I’ve heard this across a few threads. Uninstall>reinstall. Seems to have helped a lot of issues. My preferences won’t open anymore, I’ll see if it fixes it. Haven’t had any issues other than that.