This could really be the zombiepocalypse.

Now they've found 30 mutations of the virus.  Good luck developing a vaccine.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/coronavirus-mutated-at-least-30-different-strains-study-finds

Scary shit happening.  

And it also stays active in your eyes long after it's gone from your nose, so the nasal swab tests may be useless.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/coronavirus-lingered-womans-eyes-long-after-it-cleared-from-her-nose-study-reveals

And with all the mutations, just because you have antibodies from one strain doesn't mean you'll be immune to all the other strains.

And since there's no rhyme or reason behind who gets severe symptoms and who doesn't get any symptoms, you could theoretically get no symptoms from one strain then catch another strain that kills you.

We could be very well fucked here.  

1 Like

I'm not seeing this reported anywhere else.  And That study also came out of China.  Fuck China.

4 Likes

Soup and Beer - 

I'm not seeing this reported anywhere else.  And That study also came out of China.  Fuck China.

I gave you the links. 

Fake news shit site is fake news.

1 Like

The study was carried out by Professor Li Lanjuan and colleagues from Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, China and published in a non-peer reviewed paper released on website medRxiv.org on Sunday.

2 Likes

lol @ sourcing china for anything 

1 Like

angryinch - 
Soup and Beer - 

I gave you the links. 

Right I meant other than from this link.  Other epidemiologist and not even Dr. Campbell are talking about potential multiple mutations.  Besides being from China, it's not peer reviewed.

1 Like

Believe al chinamen

1 Like

Well, if there's anyone who would know, wouldn't it be the people who engineered the mutations?

BigEyedFish - 

This.

Chy-na can't be trusted.

BigEyedFish - 

I dunno, they seemed to be a pretty solid source for getting viruses.

angryinch - 

Well, if there's anyone who would know, wouldn't it be the people who engineered the mutations?

That is a speculative conspiracy theory at this point.   Not out of the realm of possibility, but highly unlikely.  And if it were an engineered virus, you can bet the CCP wouldn't allow their scientists to be releasing studies to the world about it.

So......you are saying buy more ammo? 

Soup and Beer - 
angryinch - 

That is a speculative conspiracy theory at this point.   Not out of the realm of possibility, but highly unlikely.  And if it were an engineered virus, you can bet the CCP wouldn't allow their scientists to be releasing studies to the world about it.

I was kidding about that part but if this info is accurate and it's mutating faster than we can even think about making vaccines for the previous strains, we could be seriously fucked.  

This thing is going to be around for a while and any of the mutations could suddenly become more deadly.   Or they could become less deadly.  

But as contagious as it is, and with a 14 day incubation period, with enough mutations and enough time it could wipe out a large percentage of the population.  

TFK_Mas Tisu - 

So......you are saying buy more ammo? 

I'd say buy more toilet paper, paper towel, fill your tank up with gas, buy plenty of non perishable food, buy plenty of pet food if you have pets, and get ready for long periods of quarantine.  

Im reading that it mutates slower than the seasonal flu which is good news for a vaccine.

While anything coming out of China is definitely suspect, the fact is that viruses are capable of rapid mutation, and drug resistance. 

1 Like

BubblesNS - 

Im reading that it mutates slower than the seasonal flu which is good news for a vaccine.

There are already 30 mutations.  We haven't even figured out a vaccine for one of them yet and there are already 30 strains.

If this is accurate, we are absolutely fucked.  

angryinch - 
BubblesNS - 

There are already 30 mutations.  We haven't even figured out a vaccine for one of them yet and there are already 30 strains.

If this is accurate, we are absolutely fucked.  

ScreenName22 - 

With a .00034% mortality rate, i'll take my chances.

There are currently 30 mutations and counting.  Eventually you'll get nailed by one that will give you severe symptoms.