This EBI submission from the weekend

Scared Chris Farley GIF

3 Likes

Dude did it in the qualifiers too. WTF

Rousimar 2.0

Lol another one a few minutes later

Hope these guys have desk jobs

Totally fucked up he is just ripping up dudes knees with no regard for the possible long term implications.

4 Likes

You get a rep like that, you get paid back in kind. Heā€™s young and thinks itā€™s fun, but another guy is going to wreck his shit, and by the time anyone has learned anything, too many fighters will have been injured. I do not approve.

9 Likes

Frontside 50/50 is a shitty leglock position and this kid is showing why. Itā€™s way too easy to leave your heel exposed.

2 Likes

Submission sports are so weird. There is a tricky line between being a dick and and good competitor. It can be the fault of either person or both people when someone gets hurt. Or, in some cases, neither person is at fault and someone still gets hurt.

You could argue it all comes down to the personā€™s intent, but even that gets tricky because you are definitely intending to hyper-extend a joint so they will tap. A tap is just so close to injury, especially in a competitive tournament. A submission is just not a safe & ā€œcleanā€ method of scoring a win, compared other sports.

Having said that, you can generally tell when someone has bad intent. This kid definitely has bad intent. If he gets seriously injured by another competitor, I canā€™t imagine too many people feeling too sorry for him. Itā€™s too bad heā€™s going the whole ā€œhatersā€ route, as well. The kid is talented, for sure. Itā€™s just disappointing when people get so good at martial arts and it has no positive effect of their character . Seems like for every person who has become a better person through martial arts there is someone else who has just become a completely self-absorbed, dangerous prick.

14 Likes

This dude is putting all his weight into these subs and at no time gives the other guys any chance to save their knees and then the retard throws up a surfer hand thing, such a retarded retard.

I want someone to destroy his knee but there arenā€™t assholes like him that have made it to his level because people donā€™t normally go around destroying peoples knees.

Also Eddie is retarded for letting it happen.

4 Likes

Has it been confirmed any of these guys are significantly injured? You have way more rom in an inside heelhook that isnā€™t locked down with leg positioning than a lot of people assume.

Also, I see black belt guys leaving their heels exposed fucking around in frontside 5050 all the time. This wonā€™t happen to you if you defend correctly and keep yourself out of dangerous positions. 80/20 and 90/10 will keep you from getting subbed like this as well as your foot is significantly more shallow.

2 Likes

If youā€™re in an advanced division or something with money involved, the time to tap to a heel hook is when they get exposure.

Anything else is wagering your late stage defense against their breaking mechanics.

1 Like

Also, none of the guys heā€™s subbing are big names. MoreSerious hobby level blackbelts.

If he was in a bigger tournament in his own weight class heā€™d get destroyed.

3 Likes

This.

80/20, 90/10, or 20/80 going to backside are the way.

FS 50/50 is too square. It favors the defender if theyā€™re good.

Outside ashi keeps your foot pretty safe too.

Gi 50-50 gave a lot of guys bad habits I think as you can leave your foot hanging off of the outside of his hip all you want and he canā€™t really legally and practically attack it.

1 Like

Outside ashi gets shit on a lot but itā€™s a good position if you know what youā€™re doing

He said heā€™s 240 lbs. Pretty crazy what a good athlete he is at that weight. He says he loves to eat, thats obvious. Kid is only 16, a badass with tiddies.

He really needs to watch his weight but his life.

How can you tell he has bad intent? I havenā€™t seen much on him besides these highlights from here

I donā€™t think martial arts in general always makes people a better person, it just gives them confidence to show more of their character. I think most people are inherently well intentioned decent people and martial arts do improve their ability to show their personality. If so, this dude is just a shitty person

what youā€™re saying is true, but this guy isnā€™t a big name dude either. definitely upcoming for sure and climbing up there but he is paying his dues now. albeit in. an infamous manner. who knows, this kid could be someone to potentially dethrone Gordan in the next 6-8 years

Even Rousimar appears to show concern for his opponents after he taps them.

This kid is wrecking legs and then stomping around celebrating as medics tend to his opponents

5 Likes