This ever happen to you guys?

You're in a situation with a bunch of unfamiliar people. Everyone's just kind of quiet and bored. You see a good looking girl, so you make your way over. Make eye contact, then drop a funny quip abut something. She smiles, laughs and says something back. Cool, you're about to have a conversation with a lovely lady…

AND the other guy. Some random asshole on the side that overheard you also starts laughing and just joins right in, "Oh yeah! That's what I'm saying! What's up guys?" Motherfucker just piggybacked onto your icebreaker and fucked up your one on one in true cocksucker fashion. Had nothing to say to anyone until he sees you trying to get a number, then he has to try and fuck it up. You can't even call him out on it because you don't want to be a dick in front of the girl.

I hate that guy. If you are here, fuck you.

Was he better looking then you?

Oh yeah! That's what I'm saying!

Lo siento hombre.

"Was he better looking then you?"

lol. It's never a cool, good looking guy. Otherwise he would have the confidence to start his own game. It's always a no-chin, curly-haired tool. Can't release the social butterfly until somebody else makes it safe.

I haven't been single since I was nineteen so I've never had that happen, it sounds tough though. Phone Post 3.0

It's awkward as fuck. You're in Rico Suave mode, then you gotta adjust to include some schmuck. If the girl seems mean, I'll kind of make fun of the dude in a subtle manner. They kind of like that.

OP with some real talk up in here VU Phone Post 3.0

"OP with some real talk up in here VU"

I'm pretty sure this is guy code.

I wonder if there's some loser forum out there where some guy is bragging about how great it is to piggyback off someone's icebreaker

There are a few dudes here that are probably these exact culprits. Busting up some guy's game while asking, "You guy's catch The Walking Dead last night? WOW!"

Yep! Phone Post 3.0

I've had it happen a few times over the years.

I usually DO say something to call the prick out, consequences be damned.

Usually somthing like "Oh, hey there, glad you thought of something to say after sitting on your dick for the last hour. Should I jump behind the bar and make a drink for you too?"

Once or twice, it has actually worked in my favor, when the chick thought the guy was pulling a douche move.

The rest of the time, I looked like a psycho with anger issues.

PeteyWheatstraw - You're in a situation with a bunch of unfamiliar people. Everyone's just kind of quiet and bored. You see a good looking girl, so you make your way over. Make eye contact, then drop a funny quip abut something. She smiles, laughs and says something back. Cool, you're about to have a conversation with a lovely lady…

AND the other guy. Some random asshole on the side that overheard you also starts laughing and just joins right in, "Oh yeah! That's what I'm saying! What's up guys?" Motherfucker just piggybacked onto your icebreaker and fucked up your one on one in true cocksucker fashion. Had nothing to say to anyone until he sees you trying to get a number, then he has to try and fuck it up. You can't even call him out on it because you don't want to be a dick in front of the girl.

I hate that guy. If you are here, fuck you.

Simple game theory... you put in the risk... he enters into the equation with minimal risk and upstages you in the process.

If women weren't completely irrational... they would see through that shit in a second...

Interestingly - most women would be turned on by such an action because it is received as Alpha (even if it is clearly a dick move)...

The problem is that if you get pissed or angry (and express it)... you are the one who seems insecure (which lowers your perceived value).

I don't talk to "girls".

Happens all the fucking time. Phone Post 3.0

"Simple game theory... you put in the risk... he enters into the equation with minimal risk and upstages you in the process."

There's no "upstaging", just shitbombing. Turns what could be you making a personal connection into a little gay, 3-way casual banter session. The dude gets nothing out of it other than to run his mouth and be part of something for a few moments.

"Happens all the fucking time."

Old ladies do it to. "Oh, two younger people are being flirty? Mom needs to enter this equation."

A few things Ive used. All dependent on where you are when this happens but I'm sure you are creative enough to make it work.

"Bout time our waiter showed up" Hand him a $10/20 and ask him to grab you and the lady drinks. 99% of the time he takes your cash and leaves. Once I had a guy bring bottles back.

Engage him in the conversation. Focus soley on him and dont even look at the girl. Drive the conversation to things you know he has no idea about. He is wearing sneakers, talk about fashion. He has well manicured finger nails, talk about something mechanical. He will get frustrated and leave. The girl will see you are patient and witty. Had it fail a few times when the girl misunderstood what was happening...

Also a heads up, it could be her gay friend who is there just to deter you. His job is to spot, in his eyes, unsuitable mates and to fuck up their game. If your blocker is clearly gay, be nice and it could sway his opinion and once you get the green light from the gay friend, its like unlocking the chastity belt.

"Also a heads up, it could be her gay friend who is there just to deter you. His job is to spot, in his eyes, unsuitable mates and to fuck up their game. If your blocker is clearly gay, be nice and it could sway his opinion and once you get the green light from the gay friend, its like unlocking the chastity belt."

lol. Yeah, that's way more planned and devious than what I'm talking about. I'm talking about situations where meetings are more chance and random. That does happen though. Many women have a gay watchdog I'm sure.

your betaness has begun to allow me to understand exactly why you don't like QOTSA. Phone Post 3.0