This happened to a freind last night in Seattle...

At one time him and his 4 brothers owned 14 fast food restaurants in Seattle. They are down to 3 now because, well, you know why, it's Seattle.

He went to check on one last night, got attacked with a board that had a 5 inch rusty nail sticking out of it.

They aimed at his head, he put his hand up to block it. The nail and board got stuck in his wrist bone. Embedded in the BONE....

He never leaves home with out his CC. He pulled the nail out of his wrist and brandished. 6 or so fled. He didn't shoot anyone.

But he could have been murdered for absolutely nothing.

Ironically enough, Washington has some of the best 2nd A laws. Open carry, CC.

It will only get worse. He's lucky.

4 Likes

Didnt happen

-Jimmy23

6 Likes

"Ironically enough, Washington has some of the best 2nd A laws. Open carry, CC."

For now. They have that in their sights, no pun intended. 

1 Like

How did they go from 14 fast food joints to 3?

3 Likes

Other than Covid impact, how did he manage to lose 11 restaurants in what Forbes listed as the best city in the country to do business last year?

Despite inept government leadership, the influx of tech companies and subsequent population growth has been healthy for just about every local business outside of retail stores like Sears.

I own a property management/land development company in Seattle and lease 3 buildings to restaurant owners who still haven't lost their biz despite being all but shut down for months.

Your ridiculous rusty nail in wrist story is questionable enough, but how in the actual fuck did your friend lose nearly all his locations when sit-in dining isn't even a vital part their model. They can endure lockdown directives much better than most.

3 Likes

Lol everyone is getting so used to the protestors attacking people that the interest is in the lost fast food locations. 

2 Likes

Damn, SORRY to hear that OP. Shit is so fucking out of hand right now its pathetic. I saw a tweet from someone that people are now getting mad at Republicans because they are not doing anything to combat this anarchy. I agree 100%, the time has passed. Those republicans that can so something sensible to combat this shit, DO IT. Mr. Trump, CALL IN THE TROOPS!!!!

1 Like

He should have killed them all.  They'll just do it to someone else.

1 Like

itskrisdude - 

Other than Covid impact, how did he manage to lose 11 restaurants in what Forbes listed as the best city in the country to do business last year?

Despite inept government leadership, the influx of tech companies and subsequent population growth has been healthy for just about every local business outside of retail stores like Sears.

I own a property management/land development company in Seattle and lease 3 buildings to restaurant owners who still haven't lost their biz despite being all but shut down for months.

Your ridiculous rusty nail in wrist story is questionable enough, but how in the actual fuck did your friend lose nearly all his locations when sit-in dining isn't even a vital part their model. They can endure lockdown directives much better than most.

Several factors. First, story is 100% legit. But anyway...

I never said he lost them. I said his family had 14 and down to 3. He sold many because they were going down is sales due to numerous reasons and because of the minimum wage laws specifically in Seattle which is almost twice as high as the federal minimum wage.

Just because someone proclaims a minimum wage of $16.39 an hour does not make then WORTH $16.39 as hour.

So they sold some and closed some because who the hell is going to pay $9.50 for a 6 inch sub or pay a 16 year old 13.50 to start?

He sent me a pic. If I knew how to post it, I would.

I second that. He should have filled them full of lead. Teach them a lesson that hopefully none of them would have waken up from.

1 Like

Which restaurant? This intrigues me. I’m part owner of a bar in Seattle and I havent heard anything about this. I’ve bartended in several restaurants/bars in Seattle. Was it a popular spot? 

goldenboyart -
itskrisdude - 

Several factors. First, story is 100% legit. But anyway...

I never said he lost them. I said his family had 14 and down to 3. He sold many because they were going down is sales due to numerous reasons and because of the minimum wage laws specifically in Seattle which is almost twice as high as the federal minimum wage.

Just because someone proclaims a minimum wage of $16.39 an hour does not make then WORTH $16.39 as hour.

So they sold some and closed some because who the hell is going to pay $9.50 for a 6 inch sub or pay a 16 year old 13.50 to start?

Ahhh so they just weren't competent enough to work around the challenge.

I know several restaurant owners and a few fast food franchise owners (which don't have nearly as slim margins) and the minimum wage variable while a pain the ass, hasn't had near the impact you just described. As of Feb of this year, Seattle restaurant openings and expansion were outpacing closures despite wage laws. Not only did your friends business go against this trend, it did so to an extreme demonstrating failure way beyond your explanation.

I suppose your story could be true, but as someone who lives in the city and has familiarity with the applicable business environment, it sounds laughably fantastical. 

2 Likes

These guys sound like terrible businessmen. Probably faked the attack for press or insurance money. Shameful.

Guessing they took his trigger hand because no way in hell does it makes sense not smoking that skin wagon.

TheGrandConjuration -

Lol everyone is getting so used to the protestors attacking people that the interest is in the lost fast food locations. 

"blood thirsty roving gang of miscreants almost murders man with rusty nail ala Escape from Seattle"

OG : how they hell did he lose 11 diners?

2 Likes

pumpkinpuss - 
TheGrandConjuration -

"blood thirsty roving gang of miscreants almost murders man with rusty nail ala Escape from Seattle"

OG : how they hell did he lose 11 diners?

Hahahahahahaha, I was thinking the same thing! I mean, I was thinking BOTH "how the hell did he lose 11 diners", and "shit seems inappropriate to ask that right not" lolol.

goldenboyart - At one time him and his 4 brothers owned 14 fast food restaurants in Seattle. They are down to 3 now because, well, you know why, it's Seattle.

He went to check on one last night, got attacked with a board that had a 5 inch rusty nail sticking out of it.

They aimed at his head, he put his hand up to block it. The nail and board got stuck in his wrist bone. Embedded in the BONE....

He never leaves home with out his CC. He pulled the nail out of his wrist and brandished. 6 or so fled. He didn't shoot anyone.

But he could have been murdered for absolutely nothing.

Ironically enough, Washington has some of the best 2nd A laws. Open carry, CC.

It will only get worse. He's lucky.

We have shall issiue and open carry but its been going downhill years. We definitely do not have some of the best 2nd amendment laws. Its getting worse every legislative session and our rights are being voted away and legislatures are passing new bills every year. 

We will be the next California or Jersey etc in s couple years. You are mistaken.

im gonna guess he is white? if so , a good job by him not defending himself. he would have been charged and placed in solitary confinement with a 39 million dollar bail. 

1 Like

Where did they get a 5" nail from? Framing nails are 3" typically and 2.5" for sheeting.

The only nails I know of that are that long are gutter spikes, which they'd have caught hell trying to drive through a board since they are aluminum.

Now, I've seen some big nails come out of old houses that are 70+ years old. 

I'd like to see this picture for clarification. What kind of board was it, a 2x4?