This is how scary Muslim Extemist crap has gone...

EDIT: Mods - feel free to throw an "R" in "Extremist" in the title. Thanks.

So ISIS bombs and kills another 40-50 people in an Egypt church. And yeah, it gets some news. But not THAT much news, at least in North America. Why? Because we've almost come to just accept this bullshit is going to happen.

40-50 innocent people were just killed by Muslim Extremists!!! But it's reached the point where this sort of thing is now just kind of a "blip on the radar" in today's world.

When is the world going to finally fully accept this is a real and very scary threat that is present, and shows no sign of going away?!?!

Regardless of the percentage of Muslims that are "Extremists" - no one can argue there is a decent percentage that are. And, more importantly, it only takes a very few number of people to cause a prodigious amount of death and destruction. We've seen this numerous times now!!

People need to seriously pull their heads' out of their asses and address this bullshit and stop with the "let's just play nice" with these freakin' idiots.

A percentage of these people want to kill us. They want to kill all of us. That is a fact. Say that out loud to yourself so that it sticks. "THEY WANT TO KILL US."

By the way, this is not a pro-Trump thread. And it certainly isn't a pro-Christian thread, either. I know that one or both of those statements just pissed some of you off. Sorry to disappoint those of you.

But.....it is possible to for a human being to recognize the very real and current threat of these people, and yet still not think Trump is the greatest president ever. Or that a certain religion kicks ass over the others.

I am simply addressing one major issue in this world. I couldn't care less if Buddha or Jesus is your boy.

I just want people to understand the severity of what the hell is going on, and may soon (once again) take place on American soil. I feel there are still way too many people who don't get how freakin' big of a deal these radical douchebags are.

And that they need to be dealt with, now and harshly - regardless of your political or religious belief(s).

Cheeto is neato

The news never cares when there are a bunch of dead Africans. They aren't going to start now.

Part of Egypt is located in Asia, too, but I understand that probably isn't big news for North Americans, either.

It didn't get as much press because they were Christians

Thingading - Part of Egypt is located in Asia, too, but I understand that probably isn't big news for North Americans, either.

That is the scarier part of Egypt.

Same group the USA are backing in Syria... They need to keep the heat off of ISIS until Assad is out of power then there will be an opportunity to invade and get some good rebuilding contracts in place.

anthonyMI - 
Thingading - Part of Egypt is located in Asia, too, but I understand that probably isn't big news for North Americans, either.

Yeah, that's saying something.

The wife loves to travel abroad and wants to see the Great Egyptian pyramids so bad. But even she is like, "Hell no" when it comes to going anywhere near that part of the world right now.

Look how bad OP is shitting his pants over an attack in another country that killed 40-50 people. Meanwhile the US averages that many murders every day of the week. 

The media and government have been exploiting the inherent cowardice is self-described conservatives (mostly blue-haired old ladies and the OG) to invade countries, erode our rights and turn USA into a police state. 

anthonyMI - 

The news never cares when there are a bunch of dead Africans. They aren't going to start now.

Unless you're Harambe. I kid.

Boko Haram & Joseph Koni going viral should tell you otherwise. The news doesn't care unless it creates division or fits a policy point.

wres157 -
anthonyMI - 

Unless you're Harambe. I kid.

Boko Haram & Joseph Koni going viral should tell you otherwise. The news doesn't care unless it creates division or fits a policy point.

How long did anyone care about Bringing Back Our Girls? Two weeks?

Most of them are still not accounted for.

Flavorful - 

Look how bad OP is shitting his pants over an attack in another country that killed 40-50 people. Meanwhile the US averages that many murders every day of the week. 

The media and government have been exploiting the inherent cowardice is self-described conservatives (mostly blue-haired old ladies and the OG) to invade countries, erode our rights and turn USA into a police state. 

Glad to know you believe these attacks will only occur in certain parts of the world, and never the US. North Americans have nothing to worry about, I guess.

Good Christ.

Thingading -
anthonyMI - 

Yeah, that's saying something.

The wife loves to travel abroad and wants to see the Great Egyptian pyramids so bad. But even she is like, "Hell no" when it comes to going anywhere near that part of the world right now.

I was there when it was more dangerous back in 2013. It was fine.

I mean, don't go into the dead center of Sinai, that created problems, but Cairo is great.

Wanderpage - It didn't get as much press because they were Christians

the left considered this a victory

Thingading - 
Flavorful - 

Glad to know you believe these attacks will only occur in certain parts of the world, and never the US. North Americans have nothing to worry about, I guess.

Good Christ.

Correct^

And it's also not just about the number of deaths. People murdering each other in mostly inner cities in the US are not bent on furthering a geopolitical goal of world domination like the radical islamists are.

The chances of getting killed by a terrorist may be 1 out of a million.

But the chances that the terrorists want to spread their radical ideology, and are doing so, are 1 out of 1.

FlyinHawaiian - 
Thingading - 
Flavorful - 

Good Christ.

Correct^

And it's also not just about the number of deaths. People murdering each other in mostly inner cities in the US are not bent on furthering a geopolitical goal of world domination like the radical islamists are.

But the chances that the terrorists want to spread their radical ideology, and are doing so, are 1 out of 1.

Very nicely done and well summarized.

All murders are horrible but it's worse to me when innocent people are killed by terriorists than when someone is shot during a robbery. One murder is incidental the other just sick.

FlyinHawaiian -
Thingading - 
Flavorful - 

Good Christ.

Correct^

To be fair, the public relations arm of those inner city murderers (BLM)  have been doing that, just not as effectively.