This is not good Pt 2

Looks like the US can’t stop China’s missile

‘We Just Don’t Know’ How to Defend Against Possible Chinese Hypersonic Missile: US

A new investigative report by the Financial Times asserted that China launched a nuclear-capable hypersonic missile, which circled the earth in a low orbit before cruising toward and narrowly missing a test target. The Chinese regime has officially denied the report’s findings, saying that the object in question was a spaceship.

U.S. disarmament ambassador Robert Wood said that Washington is concerned about China’s possible deployment of hypersonic weaponry, and said the United States hadn’t developed a means of countering it.

“Hypersonic technology is something that we have been concerned about, the potential military applications of it and we have held back from pursuing, we had held back from pursuing military applications for this technology,” Wood said at a press meeting in Geneva on Oct. 18.

“But we have seen China and Russia pursuing very actively the use, the militarization of this technology, so we are just having to respond in kind … We just don’t know how we can defend against that technology. Neither does China, neither does Russia.”

Republic Broadcasting Network » ‘We Just Don’t Know’ How to Defend Against Possible Chinese Hypersonic Missile: US

I’m pretty sure the US has similar tech.

Just another avenue for Mutually Assured Destruction

What a marvelous failure this admin has been.

1 Like

“Nice story, tell it to readers digest”.

Fellas this source is clownshoes.

Robert Wood is the source. What’s clowny about him?

I’m sure that in the past 15 or so years that this technology has been being developed in, we should blame the nine months of the Biden administration for not finding a defense against it.
At least not one that is public knowledge

1 Like

Epoch Times, Reuters, jeruslaem post, and several sources are reporting it.

Translation: Give us more funding, please.

Probably where the Chinese stole it from

1 Like

Fixed it for ya.

1 Like

And what exactly should they do to prevent or discourage a program that China and Russia have been working on for over a decade ?

Be specific please

Reuter’s is saying it. I was wrong in that regard. Still a shit source though.

That being said, if you read his exact quote, it sounds like the head of disarmament is really rationalizing why we have hypersonic missiles. “We really wanted to avoid having them, but these guys have um, so fuck disarmament this time…”

Equity should solve the problem.

2 Likes

What about lasers? Where are the goddamn lasers?

and when will they be attached to sharks?

3 Likes

Time to fire up the missile defense shield. And Space Force. I’ll happily pay even more in taxes to fund a larger defense budget.

Oh, I don’t know…

Threaten them with overwhelming force if they so much as test a weapon.

Same way Trump got Kim to stop testing nukes.

Or maybe Biden could’ve simply stood there and smiled at Ping.

That seems to be very threatening to you…

You think that will work against China ?

Attack them where ? From where ? With what ?

You want us to make war against the second most powerful country on earth, nuclear armed, where our supply lines would have to cover the breadth of the Pacific ocean. Against a country that invested in huge numbers of long range shore to air, air to ship, and ship to ship missiles and has a cyber warfare capability that is one of the best in the world.

And do it because we don’t like the research they are doing ?

That is really well thought out.