This is the dam problem with the "downed fighter"

Ross completely played the rules. Guillard threw the knee when Pearson was completely "upright" and tried to put his hand on the ground to avoid the knees.

Cant blame Pearson as the rules are the rules but this is PERFECT example of the problem.

Another good example is the Misaki/Akiyama fight. Misaki KOed Akiyama with a soccer kick but when Misaki started to throw, Akiyama was upright i believe. A downed fighter can change in a split second.

Such a horrible rule...

He didn't play the fucking rules, he was falling on his face, jackass. Phone Post

Im not sure how they can change it though while still trying to ban soccer kicks, which i think should stay out for example, how do they make knees like Guillards ok but not soccer kicks?

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 

He didn't play the fucking rules, he was falling on his face, jackass. Phone Post

Did you see the replay? he was in a bent over position but he was hardly "falling on his face, jackass."

Maybe he didnt "completely play the rules" as he was bent over but it did look like he went to put his hands down to avoid the knee and become a "downed fighter."

LOL at the booing English fans too, if anything, boo Pearson.

It was illegal the doctor ruined that not the ref Phone Post

What is clear is when Guillard started throwing the knee, Pearson was upright and not "downed." Also, for the jackass that thinks he was falling on his face, Pearson's body did not go down, only his hand.

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 

Apparently you were watching a different fight than the rest of us.

Wasa-B - LOL at the booing English fans too, if anything, boo Pearson.

I don't care if he played the rules the doctor ruined it no one else Phone Post

caseharts - 

Like, the doctor ruled the cut a no go and thus an NC? So it was the cut according to the ref?

caseharts - 

Come on, did you see that cut?

PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wasa-B -
caseharts - 

Like, the doctor ruled the cut a no go and thus an NC? So it was the cut according to the ref?

Yes Phone Post

I submit cats -
caseharts - 

Come on, did you see that cut?

I'm not arguing that I'm staying he ended the fight not the ref or Pearson. Phone Post

Not sure if im allowed to post links to fights from Yarrenoka? Will delete if all fight links are illegal, not sure but this is Misaki/Akiyama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8elJu57V-Q

At 9:20, Misaki kicks Akiyama in the face. Its diff than the Guillard/Pearson situation because Akiyama was already down but in the process of getting up but I believe when Misaki makes contact, Akiyama's hand is still down.

A similar situation to that was Diego/Riggs. Diego drops Riggs and then follows up with a knee on Riggs which was close to Riggs being "down" but i think when the contact happened, it was legit. It wasnt ruled a foul anyhow.

Again, mods, are UFC gifs really illegal now? Pls confirm, i will remove if so. But here is Diego/Riggs. Riggs was clearly upright but COULD have gone down as he was hunched over, looking like he was gonna shoot the legs.....