This is the largest house for sale in Detroit

NKcell -

I'll have to honest, no matter how expensive of a house you post, they all look like outdated , old , pieces of ugly shit. 

Michigan has really bad taste when it comes to home design apparently. 

Or, considering almost everybody said it’s an awesome looking house, maybe you’re the one with bad taste

WHO has the money for that house AND would want to live there?

Not many people, I suppose.

Passive Jay -

I like how it is on 3.5 acres, most of the big houses in Detroit are on relatively small lots. 

Well Jay the house itself is over 1/3 of an acre of living space.  I wonder what the average cost to heat it is from November to March.

64FordF100 -
Passive Jay - 

![](upload://kwxeiBJn231OrZtiFHldgyRs5mJ.jpeg)

man, imagine the majestic dog ramp potential

I laughed out loud :)

Captain Canuck -

I bought a lotto ticket today.

The jackpot is like 50 million.

So if I win, I will buy this house and have PeeJay live in it for me until the USA/Canada border opens.

Then I will vacation there.

I'll keep PeeJay living there though, he'll be like "Magnum P.I." and I'll be like "Robin Masters."

I'm in!

15,000sq is sufficient for a guest house, but how come there are no pics of the main house? Unless that IS the main house?!?! :: Gasp:: My god, where am I supposed to store the crystal? Are there at least tents in the backyard to house the servants?

Love those old houses with the crown moldings and paneled walls. Built by actual skilled craftsman instead of some dudes out of a Home Depot parking lot.

Passive Jay - 
NKcell -

I'll have to honest, no matter how expensive of a house you post, they all look like outdated , old , pieces of ugly shit. 

Michigan has really bad taste when it comes to home design apparently. 

Or, considering almost everybody said it’s an awesome looking house, maybe you’re the one with bad taste

Agreed. That place is probably over 100 years old, and while certainly not the most efficient use of space or layout, still holds up today.

Not my taste. But very tasteful. Would be difficult to find anything about that house that offensive to almost anybody. though we've obviously found a couple in this thread! big shock

It doesn’t even have a pool 

2 Likes

Jay putting that blue name to use!

I just looked through the virtual tour. You can tell whoever the seller was loved the house but didn’t have the funds (most don’t) to do the complete renovation and had to “give up” by the time they hit the 3rd floor. Props to them, though; you can tell they wanted to keep the look as original as possible. Very depressing looking through that, as it’s doubtful anyone is going to “finish” it, at least the way it deserves to be finished.

Bend The Knee -

Jay putting that blue name to use!

You don't need a blue name to post pics bud.

MrBean - I just looked through the virtual tour. You can tell whoever the seller was loved the house but didn’t have the funds (most don’t) to do the complete renovation and had to “give up” by the time they hit the 3rd floor. Props to them, though; you can tell they wanted to keep the look as original as possible. Very depressing looking through that, as it’s doubtful anyone is going to “finish” it, at least the way it deserves to be finished.

Or, they finally realized owning a 100 year old mansion in Detroit is a depreciating money pit and decided to cut their losses before it was too late.

The Last Emperor - 
MrBean - I just looked through the virtual tour. You can tell whoever the seller was loved the house but didn’t have the funds (most don’t) to do the complete renovation and had to “give up” by the time they hit the 3rd floor. Props to them, though; you can tell they wanted to keep the look as original as possible. Very depressing looking through that, as it’s doubtful anyone is going to “finish” it, at least the way it deserves to be finished.

Or, they finally realized owning a 100 year old mansion in Detroit is a depreciating money pit and decided to cut their losses before it was too late.

Lol, I wouldn’t doubt it. The property history shows they acquired it in 1993, so they gave it a good go.

yeah. it's not renovated, just cleaned, I guess. I think anybody buying that house would be in for a few hundred k in further renovation. ANybody who has 3 million to buy house, won't have an issue with that, unless they are buying out of their league in the first place. 

That house will cost 20k per month for the mortgage, or more. Another few thousand or more for cleaning, maintenance, gardening, etc. 

And the utilities!

MrBean -
The Last Emperor - 

Lol, I wouldn’t doubt it. The property history shows they acquired it in 1993, so they gave it a good go.

And the stuff they left undone would be by far much cheaper than all the other stuff they had done. They probably almost never go into that part of the house and just ended up becoming unprioritized. 

Seems like a good base for the BLM X-men 

I like the oriental rugs that they staged the house with.

ufc98newb -

yeah. it's not renovated, just cleaned, I guess. I think anybody buying that house would be in for a few hundred k in further renovation. ANybody who has 3 million to buy house, won't have an issue with that, unless they are buying out of their league in the first place. 

That house will cost 20k per month for the mortgage, or more. Another few thousand or more for cleaning, maintenance, gardening, etc. 

And the utilities!

The owner is the Chairman of a privately held software company.  

Mark

Canooke - 
dhughes - 

Beautiful but unless you have like 10 kids and a couple concubines, I can't imagine what you would do with 15000 square feet. There would definitely be rooms you hadn't seen for months at a time. 

Show pictures to in-laws you don’t like and then never have them over. You’re obviously not married.

I'm not following.  I am not married but I was for 6 years with in-laws and all the fun.  Help me out here, Canooke! :P