This is what a GOAT looks like...

Jclover123 -
The Immortal One -

jon jones is the GOAT, he doesn't participate in fixed fights and he finishes the best of the best consistently 

But he surely participates in the PED program.  Sorry, but Fedor is innocent until proven guilty, even though everyone assumes he has juiced.

Nope USADA CEO and arbitrary investigator, after 1+ year long investigation, both claimed jones to be innocent of any intentional cheating.

On the other hand, I personally have taken more legit drug tests than fedor has. Also a lot of people suspect fedor to have been involved in fixed fights, most recently the chael sonnen/fedor fight.

Jones is GOAT.

The Immortal One -

jon jones is the GOAT, he doesn't participate in fixed fights and he finishes the best of the best consistently 

You're right, he just cheats instead lol.

Ice Cold Igors Right Hand -
The Immortal One -

Nope, USADA CEO and arbitrary investigator, after 1+ year long investigation, both claimed jones to be innocent of any intentional cheating.

Jones is GOAT

Fedor partakes in fixed fight(s), unknowingly or not.

murfamurph -
The Immortal One -
The Immortal One -

Nope, USADA CEO and arbitrary investigator, after 1+ year long investigation, both claimed jones to be innocent of any intentional cheating.

Jones is GOAT

Do you get all your talking points from Chael Sonnon YouTube videos?Lol. Fedor the best to ever do it smashed your boy. Get over it. 

nah, from the news sites reporting the jones case and the actual report

Fedor totally dominated that pro wrestling match. Absolute domination i agree with you.

murfamurph -
The Immortal One -
murfamurph -
The Immortal One -
The Immortal One -

Jones is GOAT

Do you get all your talking points from Chael Sonnon YouTube videos?Lol. Fedor the best to ever do it smashed your boy. Get over it. 

Fedor totally dominated that pro wrestling match. Absolute domination i agree with you.

Talking about the fixed fight comment, and I think you know that silly. 

To answer your question no, i get my info from my own research and common sense

The Immortal One -
The Immortal One -

Jones is GOAT

So you believe he was innocent twice, and someone must randomly be going around spiking his shit?

There's no denying it at this point, he's a cheater.

murfamurph -
The Immortal One -
murfamurph -
The Immortal One -
murfamurph -
The Immortal One -
The Immortal One -

Jones is GOAT

Talking about the fixed fight comment, and I think you know that silly. 

To answer your question no, i get my info from my own research and common sense

Tell me, with all your research do you think his fight with big nog, Cro crop, all his significant wins in pride, were fake? He was in some Mismatches, I’ll admit, but why would top guys who rarely lose throw championship fights? Use your head mate. 

No fedor has very good wins in pride. But he has had some VERY fishy looking fights where his opponent were just waiting to get hit.

Fedor fought in the land of fixed fights and was involved in one on Saturday. Chances are, this probably wasn't his first fixed fight. 

The Immortal One -
The Immortal One -

Jones is GOAT

So you believe he was innocent twice, and someone must randomly be going around spiking his shit?

Spiking? Maybe. Its not hard to spike someones shit. Jon Jones was proven to be innocent by USADA.

Jon Jones is GOAT, never lost a single fight, fought more well rounded fighters than fedor could dream of  

The Immortal One -
The Immortal One -
The Immortal One -

Jones is GOAT

Spiking? Maybe. Its not hard to spike someones shit. Jon Jones was proven to be innocent by USADA.

Jon Jones is GOAT, never lost a single fight, fought more well rounded fighters than fedor could dream of  

LOL he's a cheater, the GOAT doesn't hide from USADA under the cage, hit and run on a pregnant woman, or get saved from being popped TWICE by snitching on ppl.

It's pretty obvious he's cheated and he's all but admitted it.

CRE - The better fighter doesn't always win

What does that mean in regards to this thread?

We know the better fighter does not always win, thats why Serra got the title, Bisping got the title, etc… but what does that have to do with Fedor’s amazing career and achievements?

A true LHW to do what he did and achieve what he did. He did not always win but he is the GOAT.

The Immortal One - 

Like Fedor, Jones is a LHW however only one of them had the courage to give up size time and time again.

Fedor also does not have a history of blatant eye pokes.

Suicidalforlife - 
Soul Gravy -
BJ Penn Forever - 
Thai Dye - 

I remember watching Fedor and herrings first fight. Fedor was not known yet and it was assumed heath would win the fight. I remember at one point bas saying "oh my God, heath" with extreme concern. It was a chilling moment. 

That was brutal, the most vicious GnP the MMA world had seen up to that point.

Heath came out strong, too. That was the first time I’d seen Fedor fight. He turned it around in a hurry and put a beating on Heath.

Fedor is the best ever in my opinion, but in that fight Heath was starting to gain momentum, before it was stopped by the doctor for the cut.

I actually rewatched that fight after the comments, Fedor landed many many brutal shots for 9 minutes, Herring won the last minute of that fight but his knees from north south were not landing, he dropped a forearm from side control and a punch or two but thats about it. Would have been all Fedor in the second most likely. That was prime Fedor, during his 33-0-0-2 NC run. Fedor would go on to win the PRIDE HW title from Big Nog in his next fight. Heath had recently had his brilliant performance vs Big Nog, TKOed Kerr and had won a UD over Vovchancyn. Heath really shocked the world when he submitted Tom Erikson in his second PRIDE fight.

wrong. this is what i looks like

When you think of the heavyweight division, in the history, think of a really big fighter who wasn't well rounded, but was really good at one thing and had big imposing size.

The first one that comes to mind for me is Tim Sylvia.  Not great at grappling but size/striking made him a force.

I say that to say this, can you imagine if GSP, 5'10 190lbs not cutting weight, were to step up and fight 6'8 Tim Sylvia, giving up 10" of height not even talking about reach, and 75lbs weight disadvantage, and WIN.

That'd be a HUGE accomplishment.  Sure Sylvia may not be well rounded or even ranked high, but when you take his size, power, and skillset as a whole, he's a force to be dealt with for anyone let alone someone undersized.

Fedor would give up more than 10" height disadvnatage, and far more than 75lb weight advantage.  Yet he gets shit on for taking these challenges b/c opponents weren't ranked.  HORSESHIT.  

Dan Henderson gets so much credit for stepping UP to fight a heavyweight who he was outsized by.  And he should, it was a very credible win against a tough opponent who had size/strength advantage as well.

But Fedor, no, he's just expected to beat big giant fuckers. Double standard.

D241 - 

When you think of the heavyweight division, in the history, think of a really big fighter who wasn't well rounded, but was really good at one thing and had big imposing size.

The first one that comes to mind for me is Tim Sylvia.  Not great at grappling but size/striking made him a force.

I say that to say this, can you imagine if GSP, 5'10 190lbs not cutting weight, were to step up and fight 6'8 Tim Sylvia, giving up 10" of height not even talking about reach, and 75lbs weight disadvantage, and WIN.

That'd be a HUGE accomplishment.  Sure Sylvia may not be well rounded or even ranked high, but when you take his size, power, and skillset as a whole, he's a force to be dealt with for anyone let alone someone undersized.

Fedor would give up more than 10" height disadvnatage, and far more than 75lb weight advantage.  Yet he gets shit on for taking these challenges b/c opponents weren't ranked.  HORSESHIT.  

Dan Henderson gets so much credit for stepping UP to fight a heavyweight who he was outsized by.  And he should, it was a very credible win against a tough opponent who had size/strength advantage as well.

But Fedor, no, he's just expected to beat big giant fuckers. Double standard.

Great point about the size and how certain fans treat Fedor and Henderson. Fedor haters even disparage his wins over Ogawa, Ishii, and Rizzo like they are not tough as hell, go ask some fighters about their skills and abilities. I would not worry about the Fedor haters though, most of them did not watch PRIDE as it happened and did not even follow the sport back then.

The participants, the fighters, they respect Fedor and what he has achieved. Many consider him the GOAT.

I don’t even like the GOAT label or argument because eras/weight classes/rules/length of career etc… make it a hard thing to decide. I just titled the thread that way to celebrate his achievements after yet another UFC title challenger defeated. For a LHW to beat all those K1 champs, UFC champs, ADCC champs, Olympians, man, time and time again, he did it.

SAMURAIFIGHTSPIRITS on youtube has some great behind the scenes PRIDE videos for anyone interested in that sort of thing.

Another impressive fact about Fedor is he underwent Olympic style drug testing via WADA (due to Sambo tournaments he participated in) during his run in Pride and still dominated an entire roster of roid monsters. That's why he's #3 on my GOAT list

1. Conor McGregor 

2. Jon Jones 

3. Fedor

4. GSP 

5. Anderson Silva 

I was riding big nogs nutz hard at the time....when l finally got the video from japan l was stunned and an instant fedor fan.

If bader beats him in the finale then bellator needs better drug testing

BJ Penn Forever -
The Immortal One - 

Like Fedor, Jones is a LHW however only one of them had the courage to give up size time and time again.

Fedor also does not have a history of blatant eye pokes.

Jones’ career isn’t over yet, he has no obligation to fight at HW but he will 

Fedor handpicked so many of his fights it’s not even funny. Jones fought the next best guy every time. Fedor did not.

The Immortal One -
The Immortal One -
The Immortal One -

Jones is GOAT

LOL he's a cheater, the GOAT doesn't hide from USADA under the cage, hit and run on a pregnant woman, or get saved from being popped TWICE by snitching on ppl.

It's pretty obvious he's cheated and he's all but admitted it.

What does any of that have to do with his fighting resume? Lmfao. 

He's the GOAT and you have to grasp at straws because you know damn well you can't say anything about his record