This is what I ate yesterday...

Feel free to fuck off at any time.

Chango

simthefarmer - also, with all the PB you are eating, make sure you use the all natural PB which is 100% made from peanuts. Not the hydrogenated oil version

i think the best way to go with nut butter is Organic RAW ALMOND BUTTER.

Put almond butter with your bread and put bananas on top. you dont need jam. If you want to sweeten it up add some Agave nectar on top.

as everyone else is saying add more protein and do less starchy stuff. The quinoa swap for rice is a great idea as quinoa has plenty of protein in it compared to rice (personally i think rice is way too starchy for me, but my body can't handle most starches at all).

Legumes are a great way to boost protein in a meal too. As far as i'm concerned Indian food with chickpeas or lentils are the tastiest meatless protein delivery systems i've ever had, and they're super easy to make. If you're trying to abstain from meat it doesn't hurt to make a huge tub of Chana MAsala (spiced chickpeas) or Dal (spiced lentils) on sunday night for the purpose of adding a scoop to any meal throughout the weak.

Natural peanut butter is great but try to diversify the types of nuts you're eating. Get a handful of almonds in your diet every couple days for some added variety. I prefer raw almonds, but roasted/salted works too. whatever you think tastes better.

This is what I ate yesterday.(a heavy training day)

1-Wheat english muffin w/peanut butter.3 whole eggs,3 egg whites.

2-cottage cheese,yogurt,strawberries.sardines on wheat crackers.

3-lean hamburger patty.corn and quinoa.

4-salad,piece of cheddar cheese,power crunch protein bar,2 whole eggs.

5-eas 100% whey protein,bsn endorush drink.

Lift.(shoulders/triceps.)

6-ON Pro complex protein and glycomaize.

7-tilapia.

8-turkey stick,piece of string cheese.

9-kit-kat,reeses peanut butter cup.(I dont know what the hell happened here,but chocolate does make me sleep.)

get serious or stop asking questions,IMO.

Yeah,I am an ass,but its just that I take training and nutrition seriously.

ttt

Thanks for that input.

I can appreciate your seriousness when it comes to nutrition. However, we all have lifestyle parameters. We have to operate inside those parameters.

I could just as easily have a gluten intolerance or other food allergy, a moral issue with eating meat, a physical disability, medical condition, etc. My current parameters are that I am not eating meat for 6 months. I still want optimal nutrition and have other goals within those parameters.

January 2nd my parameters will be different, so will my diet and goals.

Chango

Well Chango,if I had to operate w/o meat,a sample day of eating for me would be-

1-frosted mini wheats w/milk mixed w/powdered milk.

2-red beans and rice,3 eggs,3 egg whites.

3-Cottage cheese,yogurt,peach.salad,piece of cheese.

4-peanut butter on wheat english muffin,milk.

5-eas 100% whey protein,Bsn endorush.

lift

6-On 100%whey protein and glycomaize.

7-large omlette(sp?)w/broccoli

8-power crunch protein bar,smokehouse almonds.

It can be done like that I suppose.

Thanks. That provides a nice template. You have illustrated a meatless way to get far more protein than I am currently getting.

Chango

How goes it Chango?

I have lost 17 pounds, just doing the vegetarian thing.

I attribute it largely to not eating meat, but also to eating cleaner in general.

I've found some really interesting ways to cook vegetables, and thanks to you Voorhees have found some really good non-meat protein sources.

This isn't something I would want to do forever, but my energy is up and my weight is down, and I've gotten smarter about what I put in my mouth.

Chango

ChangoBravo - 
I've found some really interesting ways to cook vegetables, and thanks to you Voorhees have found some really good non-meat protein sources.

would you mind sharing some of that new knowledge?

"This isn't something I would want to do forever, but my energy is up and my weight is down, and I've gotten smarter about what I put in my mouth."

too easy