This is what the Police deal with daily

Just ID yourself and you're on your way. Oh, here's the real deal. 2 outstanding warrants. He's a mastermind lawyer in his head, baha, 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/24/viral-arrest-video-police-tiktok-maryland-police/

If he ID’d himself he would have been arrested. So don’t comply, video it and become famous since you’re getting arrested either way.

That’s their mentality

I'm not sure about the US but think in Canada you don't have to ID yourself if you are the passenger in a car.

Of course, I am sure that won't make things go any smoother, but, well, there ya go.

This is the law in Texas.

While you don't have to show the officer an ID card if you are a passengeryou do have to identify yourself, such as your name and address if the officer asks you do to so. ... Any misstep and the officer can place you under arrest for further investigation and then you will need to show your ID.

See, I want the cops to shoot him and would want a white person that was acting like that to be shot, too!!! The herd needs to be culled.

1 Like

He should have just presented his ‘I’m Black, Laws Do Not Apply To me’ card.

IN US passengers do not have to ID themselves, unless reasonable suspicion exist of crime. Simple. 

However, if you get a ticket in  car and you dont pay ticket and it goes to warrant. Their is a "related" hit on the license plate that somebody that drove the car has a warrant. You just follow the related hit and find applicable drivers license on dumbass who did not pay ticket. bring up drivers license photo. walk up, YUP. Its him. HE GONE!!! 

They could have told the dude. he might have just gave up. 

He had a perfect head of hair for a hair latch. And I mean he comes out or two handfuls of hair comes out. easy peasy. 

I should write a book on car fighting. 

GoDieInACarWreck -

While you don't have to show the officer an ID card if you are a passengeryou do have to identify yourself, such as your name and address if the officer asks you do to so. ... Any misstep and the officer can place you under arrest for further investigation and then you will need to show your ID.

NO it is not in Texas. Not unless they were not wearing their seat belt or some other offense. 

Innocent passengers inb cars are just that . INNOCENT. They are free to move about the world without detention or having to ID themselves. 

GoDieInACarWreck -

NO biggie , but for some reason Fail to Identify seems to really cause problems for Texas Cops. I have seen two 20 plus year FTOs get jammed up on a fail to ID charge. 

As a practice if you work patrol I would go back and read the statute at least every 6 months, line by line or go back and look at power point presentation with a flow cart. 

The only thing worse is UCW with schools. school parking lots, bars 51% or more , or serve food or have a selection of oysters on a half shell. blah blah LOL. 

goldenboyart -

Just ID yourself and you're on your way. Oh, here's the real deal. 2 outstanding warrants. He's a mastermind lawyer in his head, baha, 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/24/viral-arrest-video-police-tiktok-maryland-police/

LOL AT HIM YELLING INVESTIGATION. 

HE GONE!!!

he will be alright. If it is a ghetto county like where I used to work , they usually drop resisting pretty qucik unless the officer lost an eye or one of their legs........... 

GoDieInACarWreck -

Incorrect. 

Cable is correct. Also texas stop and ID statute only mandates you ID yourself after you have been arrested. 

However I think in this case they managed to figure out who he was and he had warrants but I'll take another look. 

Fake Pie -

Cable is correct. Also texas stop and ID statute only mandates you ID yourself after you have been arrested. 

However I think in this case they managed to figure out who he was and he had warrants but I'll take another look. 

arrest in Texas can technically be a detention. read the statute closely. reasonable suspicion is the key word. 

The key to this is asking for consent in the right way. You got an ID I can see? The voice tone and inflection has to be a question and request not a command. 

I used to say hey man let me see your ID ????? question mark tone of voice and as they hand you ID , murmur " ya dont have to show me unless you wanna" as you get it. 

here is the other prong of the statute. Cop can ask anyone for name and dob. They dont have to give it. But if they do consentually and LIE, they are fucked for fail to ID lol. ha ha ha ha. You talk about a real fuck job. lol. Not for amateurs. 

I used to do this at pay phones in the hood. Pull my squad right up next to a bank of payphones. Where somebody would be chatting on one. A lot of them slinging. hey bro what your name. most of the time they would give it. I would drive around the block, run them by name only and get a list of possibles on DLs . 

Drive back around and ask them for dob or ask them if a certain dob was theirs/ get it? hey bro were your born October 26? lol. Sometimes they would shake their head no. I would whisper what is it...... Inquisitive face. They would tell me back. Not even thinking . If they lied and I find out they had a warrant, it is fail to ID-fugitive.... haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Lot of those ended up in fight or foot pursuits. great warrants , not just traffic. murder, robbery etc..... 

that was good shit. if I had a good dispatcher to help me when I pulled off, I say check 29 dob blah blah blah. It was almost instant, she comes back and says 10-00 TCIC which means it a high warrant out of state system. A lot of times I look in my rear view to see a phone hanging from its cord and mother fucking the bottoms of some high tops beating the shit out of the ground. lol 

Just shoot the fucker, the world would be better off. 

They should have bounced that dumb mfers head off the concrete a few times. I have no patience for that shit. It's one thing if your not guilty but dude, you have warrants. Your lucky they didnt pop a cap in your ass. Which I would of been cool with. Try obeying the law next time shithead.

He tells him to get out of the car and record him while he is resisting arrest.  Fucking moron.

Didn't do nuffin.

LOL!

John Cable -
Fake Pie -

arrest in Texas can technically be a detention. read the statute closely. reasonable suspicion is the key word. 

The key to this is asking for consent in the right way. You got an ID I can see? The voice tone and inflection has to be a question and request not a command. 

I used to say hey man let me see your ID ????? question mark tone of voice and as they hand you ID , murmur " ya dont have to show me unless you wanna" as you get it. 

Sure it says arrest but yeah a lot of people don't realize what that can be.

A person commits an offense if he intentionally refuses to give his name, residence address, or date of birth to a peace officer who has lawfully arrested the person and requested the information.