This is why I don't like Mighty Mouse..

He seems too afraid of tarnishing his legacy. Don’t get me wrong, the dude is obviously an absolutely amazing fighter. Amazing skills and technique. Still, the guy blames other people for his lack of notoriety and $$ and when the time comes for him to take a super fight (vs TJ) we all know he was the one who wouldn’t sign. TJ has been pushing for this fight, plus the UFC would obviously want it as well. The flyweight division is cleaned out and so all we have to look forward to is rematches with weak competition. That is not GOAT material, I’m sorry. The flyweight div. will prob be a thing of the past soon if its champ does not start stepping up and being even somewhat risky in his approach. Hate away…

I like him, but I see what you're saying.  I think part of it is the win bonuses and how the UFC seems to take fighter's records as a part of negotiating their contracts.  He doubles his money if he wins, he can negotiate his next contract as champion if he doesn't lose.  The sport is different from what it used to be.

64FordF100 -

I like him, but I see what you're saying.  I think part of it is the win bonuses and how the UFC seems to take fighter's records as a part of negotiating their contracts.  He doubles his money if he wins, he can negotiate his next contract as champion if he doesn't lose.  The sport is different from what it used to be.

It's just sad DJ is legit hiding from his most real competition. The flyweight div. is pretty shallow so when we see the champ act so apprehensive it just makes me lose respect for him. Obviously never going to be the GOAT acting like that.

Mighty Mouse could clear out his division for the next five years and nobody will be calling him a legend. 

10 lbs is a huge step up when you're that small. He's the best ever at his weight class. I don't blame him.

mix headroom -

10 lbs is a huge step up when you're that small. He's the best ever at his weight class. I don't blame him.

Nah, also tj is willing to five him at 125

64FordF100 -

I thought champs don't have win bonuses?  I thought it was all guaranteed?

He thinks he is all that and a bag of chips but he is all that minus the bag of chips.

thetouchofdeath -

He thinks he is all that and a bag of chips but he is all that minus the bag of chips.

He is HALF that and a half-eaten bag of Clancy chips.

He can’t win at 135. He’s the greatest 125’er but that’s as far as his greatness goes. 

Consider whag percent of grown men can make 125. Hes not the greatest not even close.

MM has said multiple times he’ll take the fight. Dana has come out saying it was never offered or made in the first place.

“White briefly stated that the bout simply will not be happening, while adding that it was never made to begin with and Johnson is still recovering from shoulder surgery he underwent back in January.”

He has to be like that. Dana White has come out and trashed him so many times the only thing Mighty Mouse has protecting him is his record. The second Mighty Mouse losses he's out and he knows that. You think they don't promote him or put him on good cards now, wait untill he has a loss or two on his record.

TJ tried to fight him at 125. He has absolutely no excuse. Just fear of his legacy…

McGregors Acne Scars - He seems too afraid of tarnishing his legacy. Don't get me wrong, the dude is obviously an absolutely amazing fighter. Amazing skills and technique. Still, the guy blames other people for his lack of notoriety and $$ and when the time comes for him to take a super fight (vs TJ) we all know he was the one who wouldn't sign. TJ has been pushing for this fight, plus the UFC would obviously want it as well. The flyweight division is cleaned out and so all we have to look forward to is rematches with weak competition. That is not GOAT material, I'm sorry. The flyweight div. will prob be a thing of the past soon if its champ does not start stepping up and being even somewhat risky in his approach. Hate away...

He wants to be paid like Jon Jones but he chooses to ignore the fact that, at the end of the day, it’s about asses in the seats and PPV buys. And he’s just not a draw, there’s really no other way to put it. And not wanting to move up and fight guys that could actually give him a fight isn’t helping his case either.

If ufc is offering him some good money and he don’t accept, I agree with you but if there lowballing him to fight a bigger fighter I don’t blame him. Dillashaw is the one you should be talking about, I dont see him wanting to call our Holloway or Aldo, because he would get that ass beat. And f ppv points that card wouldn’t have a lot of buys, if I’m him, I want 1 mil cash money. Take a diff POV look op.

135 wasn’t what it is now back then. Cruz handled him easily. He’s too small. He’s 10 - 15% behind them st that weight. 

He will never be in any goat conversation because he hasn't fought anyone 

Samoa - 

He can’t win at 135. He’s the greatest 125’er but that’s as far as his greatness goes. 

He’s had a dozen wins at 135lbs…only loses were to Cruz and Pickett at 135lbs…now can be beat Dillashaw, Garbrandt? Not sure. But I think he can possibly beat Cruz in a rematch at 135lbs. considering how beat up Cruz’s body is.

All these weight comments. Tj wants/wanted the fight at 125. He said he can make the weight no problem. Tj is a tiny dude