• Noguiera: 10
  • CroCop: 17
Total: 45
  • Liddell: 6
  • Hughes: 6
  • Sylvia: 8
  • Franklin: 8

Total: 28

This is why Pride rules over the UFC, simply put, the best fighters fight more in Pride.

Can't argue with that.

"Hurray for another Pride nuthugger thread that is scared of the UFC getting bigger.

You nuthuggers are pathetic. "

Actually that's not true at all. I like the UFC over Pride actually. I feel that the UFC is a better show, the newer fighters are more skilled, and the matchups are better. Also, the UFC's produces a more professional show.

The things I like about Pride are the top matchups, and the better reffing/judging (in most cases anyway not all).

Pride rules because Lidell and Franklin got hurt, and you chose to use CroCop instead of say Arona or Shogun?

Pride is fantastic, it doesn't require people to intentionally skew statistics to prove it.

Some guys that beat Silva.. some guy that beat Shogun along with 2 others in a tournament... some guy that was a two-time heavyweight champ in addition to the lightweight champ.

"Pride rules because Lidell and Franklin got hurt, and you chose to use CroCop instead of say Arona or Shogun?

Pride is fantastic, it doesn't require people to intentionally skew statistics to prove it. "

Shogun: 9 fights

Arona: 8 fights

Also, the Pride guys have been injured as well. Hell Fedor hasn't even had a fight in 2006 yet.

what no bitching about the massive amounts of rematches as a result of using the same guys so often? or do rematches only suck if they take place in the ufc?

"what no bitching about the massive amounts of remat'ches as a result of using the same guys so often? or do rematches only suck if they take place in the ufc?"

Hmmm not all rematches are the same IMO.

While you may prefer to see Tito vs. Shamrock, or Sylvia v. Arloski, I'll stick with Fedor v. CroCop, CroCop v. Noguiera, and Nog v. Fedor. Hell, gimme a dozen of each of those fights.

Food for thought:

Chuck has defended his title 3 times in the last year.

Silva has defended his title 3 times in 2 years.

Hughes has defended his title 4 times in the last 2 years, with his last 2 victories in non-title matches (though his fight with Riggs should have been).

Fedor has defended his title 2 times in the last two years, with many of his victories coming in tournaments (as have most of the Pride fighters listed).

...... there are things I like and dislike about both organizations. More importantly, I like MMA so much that I would actually prefer to watch and discuss actual fights...... not starting immature threads that are the equivalency of a couple of 9 year olds arguing who would win a fight between Superman and Batman.

Afterall, Batman and Superman were in the Justice League together...... just as Pride, the UFC, and all organizations are together under the flag of MMA.

I'll never understand why it's so hard for so many to be greatful that we have two leading organizations that have offered so many awesome moments in our sport that we are supposedly "fans" of..... and even have tons of smaller shows to showcase up and coming talent......

Being a fan isn't a hard thing to do...... I swear......

17 times in 2 3/4 years? Crazy

I think all this thread showed is how bad ass Cro Cop is b/c he fights often & anybody.

All of the back and forth banter about Pride vs UFC is truly comical to me.

You all call yourselves MMA fans. Hey Pride ONLY fans. You are being deprived of some great fights because you only watch Pride.

Hey UFC ONLY fans. You are being deprived of some great fights because you are stubborn and only watch the UFC.

Get where I am going here everyone. I truly just don't get it. Too many people with too much negativity on this site.

Always bitching and moaning about something.

"...scared of the UFC getting bigger."

most pathetic post so far. why someone would be scared of "UFC getting
bigger"? (do u have problems at home?)

I think everyone here loves MMA.

we love good fights like the ones on sunday.

they just seem to happen more often on PRIDE, that's all.

ttt for pride!

lol @ the little "but pride is better" comments at the end