This is why wrestlers train harder than ANYONE vid

Cool video.

Stupid bitching =/= cool.

Later Phone Post

Great vid. Super inspiring.

But why does any wrestling vid that gets posted automatically degenerate into a squabble between wrestlers and bjj people? I wrestle and do bjj, and have trained them side by side for years. I love both. Neither one by itself is the be-all and end-all of combat sports. Sure, gi/sport bjj purists can be annoying, but so can wrestling purists (or, for that matter, the muay thai guys who think all they need is the clinch and therefore don't need to train in any grappling art). But people should train in what they have access to / have the most fun doing / find most effective for their style and needs.

I guess what I'm saying is why can't we all just get along? Come on UG, just for once...

Dude shows up to practice after what appears to be injuries from being hit by an ice cream truck. That's motivation right there..lol.

ausgepicht - 
DAVID H - 
ausgepicht - 
WestBuiltAMountain - Wrestling is so boring by itself.

I want to see someone lock up a sub once it's down.
And this is why BJJ is the modern TMA. They can't bring themselves to appreciate other forms w/o feeling like they are betraying their lineage and sensei. Phone Post

He claimed to be BJJ???? I didn't read that. Did I miss it???
Derp.

Even if we pretended he didn't have 2500 posts and that screen names were all anonymous, you would deduce that someone who says wrestling is boring is what? A wrestler? For example, I can tell by your butthurt reaction that you are a BJJ guy as well.

2500 posts. How do they work?

Who gives a shit about post counts. And WTF is "derp." Not a butt hurt reaction either. Did I post something bad about wrestling? Reading comprehension son.

Oh yeah, yes I train BJJ
and wrestling as well.

mdh2k10 -  bunch of white boys that couldn't play basketball

You almost nailed it!

bunch of white MEN that DECIDED NOT TO play basketball

SweetPotato - Great vid. Super inspiring.

But why does any wrestling vid that gets posted automatically degenerate into a squabble between wrestlers and bjj people? I wrestle and do bjj, and have trained them side by side for years. I love both. Neither one by itself is the be-all and end-all of combat sports. Sure, gi/sport bjj purists can be annoying, but so can wrestling purists (or, for that matter, the muay thai guys who think all they need is the clinch and therefore don't need to train in any grappling art). But people should train in what they have access to / have the most fun doing / find most effective for their style and needs.

I guess what I'm saying is why can't we all just get along? Come on UG, just for once...

Inferiority complex.

4later Phone Post

Hey I saw a black guy

T3 Phone Post

GageIsLegend - iPhone? Phone Post

. Phone Post

that was awesome! much respect to those hard nose athletes!

GageIsLegend - 
DoubleBACO -
mdh2k10 -  bunch of white boys that couldn't play basketball

You almost nailed it!

bunch of white MEN that DECIDED NOT TO play basketball
Bunch of white men that didn't want to play a pussy sport like basketball. Phone Post

Let's be honest..... Yes BB can be a "pussy" sport, but I'm pretty sure the wrestlers would much prefer making millions playing that "pussy" sport if they could.

watch the video at 25% volume and listen to this song.... freaking awesome IMO. Check it out.

Twenty47 -
chris80cent -
Twenty47 -

Submitting someone is for faggots... Proves nothing. Grinding someone out for 6 minutes straight making them wish they were never on the same mat as you leaves no doubts. Phone Post

I sort of agree with this... Subbing someone is not for faggots... But dominating someone a whole match until they just wanna quit is pretty badass, but getting a sub on someone is awesome to. Perfect example is andy v chael. Andy lost the whole fight an pulled a fuckin triangle outta no where and wins. That is fuckin awesome. Phone Post

He won via definition of the rules. Chael won the " fight" via beating his ass. Submitting someone is self defense not offense and gives a chance flto someone who has no chance at beating your ass to "win". Dominating someone or ko'ing them leaves zero doubt who the better man is Phone Post

If you can't finish the guy you're obviously not beating him that bad. Phone Post

Twenty47 -
chris80cent -
Twenty47 -

Submitting someone is for faggots... Proves nothing. Grinding someone out for 6 minutes straight making them wish they were never on the same mat as you leaves no doubts. Phone Post

I sort of agree with this... Subbing someone is not for faggots... But dominating someone a whole match until they just wanna quit is pretty badass, but getting a sub on someone is awesome to. Perfect example is andy v chael. Andy lost the whole fight an pulled a fuckin triangle outta no where and wins. That is fuckin awesome. Phone Post

He won via definition of the rules. Chael won the " fight" via beating his ass. Submitting someone is self defense not offense and gives a chance flto someone who has no chance at beating your ass to "win". Dominating someone or ko'ing them leaves zero doubt who the better man is Phone Post

This is beyond stupid. Anderson choked Chael. If Chael had not tapped, he'd have gone unconscious. Try harder. Laying on someone for 6 minutes isn't dominating them, it's practicing for a future in prostitution. Phone Post

...Is the neckbrace for an injury ya think?...or a way of trainingg and keeping the head up?

ttt Phone Post

KVLT - Weird, the UG told me boxers train harder than any one else?

end of thread

The Paragon - ...Is the neckbrace for an injury ya think?...or a way of trainingg and keeping the head up?

Damn, youre a smart guy for thinking about the fact that it might be a training tool... Now that i think of it though, regardless of whether it is a sprained neck, or just for technique, either can and should be used as training tools. #gregjacksontheories