this lady is single because shes too witty/clever

article-2417942-167AB82D000005DC-401_634x733

Daily Mail - A recent study found men simply can’t handle it if a woman outshines them
Kate believes this is why she’s still single
She’s a published author and can speak multiple languages
She’s ‘lost count’ of times she’s been rejected for being witty and clever

Three months ago I went to Italy with my then boyfriend, Philip. As we were checking into the hotel, I struck up a conversation with the receptionist in Italian (just one of the five languages I speak). But while I was enjoying myself, chatting away, it became clear that Philip most certainly was not.  He shuffled from foot to foot, muttered something under his breath and rolled his eyes like a stroppy teenager.  Then in the lift he turned on me. ‘I was wondering when you were going to let me join your conversation,’ he snapped. I tried to laugh it off but I knew this was the beginning of yet another argument. ’You always have to be the star of the show,’ he continued in our bedroom, as he began to systematically work his way through the mini-bar. Apparently I was argumentative, a know-all and an intellectual snob. What had I done? It should be depressingly obvious. I had dared to dent his fragile male ego. By speaking in a language Philip didn’t know, I had managed to make him – a successful writer, ten years my senior – feel small. How selfish of me to embarrass him in public with my linguistic prowess!  Like so many of the men I’ve dated, it was clear he expected me to play second fiddle to him at all times. It wasn’t the first time we had rowed about such things. One night, we ended up arguing over a BBC4 documentary on the origins of jazz. When he became annoyed that his attempts to outsmart my knowledge on the subject failed, he started singing loudly, to drown me out altogether. But the pointless fight over the receptionist was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Needless to say, our year-long romance didn’t last long beyond the flight home…My bedside table has always buckled beneath the weight of substantial, intellectually challenging books. I devour cultural documentaries and love nothing more than taking another evening class (Spanish, the most recent; philosophy set to be the next). As far as I’m concerned, a dinner party isn’t complete without a bit of an intellectual tussle during dessert – whether it be on the finer points of Ed Miliband taking on the trade unions, or President Obama playing a high-stakes game with President Putin over Syria. But little did I know that by honing my neurons and showing my intellectual rigour, I was scuppering my chances of romantic success.

No ma'am, you're single because you're a cunt

Translation: she's a pushy know it all cunt.

My guess would be it's less about her wit and more about her insecurity and her leathery crocodile skin.

The only thing a man can do with a woman like her is make a nice pair of boots and a wallet.

Intelligent females are extremely appealing. Pseudo-intellectual pretentious douchebags are not.

Also, it couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that her face looks like the lovechild of John Kerry and a catcher's mitt.

CUNT, you can tell judge by looking at her, reading her article....you can jsut a book by its cover in this case

my wife's co-worker is a mid-late 30s perpetually single woman working and living in NYC and wonders why she cant attract and RETAIN guys

she is good looking enough, has a good job, has her own place, however she is ANNOYING as FUCK

she talks like fran dresher (sp?) except a lot louder and she dominates every conversation and basically waits for the other person to stop speaking so she can her herself speak (loudly) and she wont stop

guys will tolerate a lot fo things in a woman...craziness, bad personal habits, "bad looks"etc bc she has other redeeming qualities (besides a pussy)......however there is very little a man will tolerate when the woman in just plain, generally ANNOYING

dizz - No ma'am, you're single because you're a cunt

. Phone Post

A philosophy evening class? My god this intellectual powerhouse!!

I am baffled as to why this cerebral giant is wasted writing mid-life crisis columns in second rate tabloid rags; surely she should producing some substantial, intellectually challenging books for the world??? lol

dizz - No ma'am, you're single because you're a cunt

. Phone Post

Nonlinear - 

My guess would be it's less about her wit and more about her insecurity and her leathery crocodile skin.

Exterior crocodile alligator.

That dude thinks he's so smart Phone Post

"When he became annoyed that his attempts to outsmart my knowledge on the subject failed, he started singing loudly, to drown me out altogether"

LMFAO @ this dude who just couldn't listen to another second of her pseudo-intellectual babbling stream of vomit

You can tell by the tone of the article that she's s know it all. The problem isn't that your clever, the problem is you clearly feel the need to shove your self percieved intellect in people's face. I've gone to Europe with my wife and I didnt start up lengthy conversations with people in a language she didn't understand without at least filling her in on what was going on. Know why? Because that's fucking rude. "My nightstand is weighed down by intellectual books." Does it also smell of rich mohogany?

Lastly, how much shit people are willing to put up with is inversely correlational to how mannish you look. So, if youre going to walk around looking like my uncle Steve with a wig on, stop being such an uppity cunt. Phone Post

Isn't it rude to have a conversation in a different language while your boyfriend is standing right there?

Ever think of that, you nasty slut?

That dude had as many problems as she does.  He's an infant, and she's a knowitall .... recipe for disaster.  What a twat.

WHOA guys, check out this reading material. No wonder so many men are intimidated by this intellectual powerhouse

Tommy_Wiseau - Intelligent females are extremely appealing. Pseudo-intellectual pretentious douchebags are not.

Also, it couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that her face looks like the lovechild of John Kerry and a catcher's mitt.

LMAO

Out of the all the face descriptions on this thread, I consider this one the winner.

google her name and read some of the articles she's written over the last decade. it almost makes you feel bad for her.

they're basically all about being old and alone with no prospects for happiness.

eviladam - google her name and read some of the articles she's written over the last decade. it almost makes you feel bad for her.

they're basically all about being old and alone with no prospects for happiness.

Dammit now I'm starting to feel bad for her.