This Old House (the show)

My favorite show.

I'm not handy at all and these guys are my fucking heroes. I don't know what 90% of the tools are that they even use but I sure do envy having that type of skill.

Any fans of the show? The old dude with a mustache is my favorite guy. Watching him do woodwork is amazing. I wonder how you get that good things like that? Phone Post 3.0

Tom Silva is the man! Phone Post 3.0

yeah, I like these guys a lot better than Bob Vila.

I'm 37, and still hate this show from when my dad used to hog the TV with it when I was in my teens.

I understand why he watched it though, he did make my brothers and my bed sets from scratch. As well as all the kitchen cabinets in his house. He even installed a home automation system in his current house. I can't say for sure, but I think the show helped him.

Fuck that show. I wanted to watch funny stuff. Phone Post 3.0

I watched New Yankee Workshop with Norm Abrams when I was a wee lad with my dad. Fond memories. We both knew Bob Vila was a homo and Norm was a man's man.

Eggbert - I enjoyed norms show where he just built things in his own workshops. Bob villa and that other goof they have hosting now ruin the shows Phone Post 3.0
I remember a thread on here where some guy claimed he met bob in an airport and it went like this.
OG'r- Hey Bob, you built anything lately?

Mr. Vila- Yeah. I built a dog box and fucked your mom I'm it. Phone Post 3.0

Long before i owned a house i loved this show even the bob vila days . Norm abrums is still the hardest worker Phone Post 3.0

I have a Silva Brothers Construction shirt. Got it from Tom.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

tttt Phone Post 3.0

Always been a fan of the shows. New Yankee Workshop/This Old House/Ask This Old House. Norm is my favorite and Tom is a close second. Recommend these shows to every homeowner. Phone Post 3.0

jakeb - Always been a fan of the shows. New Yankee Workshop/This Old House/Ask This Old House. Norm is my favorite and Tom is a close second. Recommend these shows to every homeowner. Phone Post 3.0
Truth Phone Post 3.0

pennviachoke -
Eggbert - I enjoyed norms show where he just built things in his own workshops. Bob villa and that other goof they have hosting now ruin the shows Phone Post 3.0
New Yankee Workshop Phone Post 3.0
NYW is one of my fav shows of all time, used to watch it all the time. This old house is pretty darn good as well, my wife even watches it.

Norm is the man, but all of the guys are pretty legit. Phone Post 3.0

B17 -
UGCTT_sakurabas ear - I'm 37, and still hate this show from when my dad used to hog the TV with it when I was in my teens.

I understand why he watched it though, he did make my brothers and my bed sets from scratch. As well as all the kitchen cabinets in his house. He even installed a home automation system in his current house. I can't say for sure, but I think the show helped him.

Lol. Are we brothers? Phone Post 3.0
What's humorous is that my brother does post here.

But you're not him, you're actually funny once in a while. Phone Post 3.0

Tom Silva is the real deal. Guys like him are a dying breed and I work in construction.
that host, Kevin Oconnor is a homo that I wish they'd get rid of.

Tom Silva has a huge yacht. He was docked next to my old man last summer down the cape somewhere.

Tom has his own business as do Richard (the plumber) and Roger (landscaper).
I have no clue what Norm does for a real job and as I said, kevin is just a homo.

All of their businesses are very close to where I do business (construction) but I am in Commercial while they are all residential contractors so I never have crossed paths with them. I see their trucks around once is a while though.

on almost all of these types of shows, I see them make mistakes, use shitty materials, cut corners and give bad advice. Not on TOH though, I can't remember ever disagreeing with what they were doing or advising on the show. its a good resource for the avg joe to pick up some tips.

Notm Abram is the man. new Yankee is one of the GOAT shows of all time. Phone Post 3.0

B17 -
UGCTT_sakurabas ear - I'm 37, and still hate this show from when my dad used to hog the TV with it when I was in my teens.

Lol. Are we brothers? Phone Post 3.0
Same age. Same story. Phone Post 3.0

ttt Phone Post 3.0

I wish they would get back to doing normal houses once in a while though. Taj Mahals are nice, but how about doing some normal peoples houses??

Judge Mental - ttt Phone Post 3.0

what do you think about Roy Underhill and the Woodwrights Shop?

fangclan -
Judge Mental - ttt Phone Post 3.0

what do you think about Roy Underhill and the Woodwrights Shop?

Never seen it before Phone Post 3.0