This Referee in LFA, WTF.

I was watching the main event from LFA last weekend, Hubbard vs Mota. Mota has his back late in the first round, doesn’t have it under the chin but tries to crank the choke. There were about 10 seconds left and you could see Hubbard was fine, out of nowhere the ref stops the fight with no tap or anything.

Then he immediately says it was the end of the round. The timer had just disappeared from the screen and the 10 second clap had just sounded. Pat speculated the ref may have heard the clap and mistakenly called end of round, but it looked like he was calling the fight. I don’t think Mota would have gotten the tap either way, but still, what a monumental mistake to make in a title fight. Holy shit some of these refs surprise me. 

MasterofMartialArts -

I was watching the main event from LFA last weekend, Hubbard vs Mota. Mota has his back late in the first round, doesn’t have it under the chin but tries to crank the choke. There were about 10 seconds left and you could see Hubbard was fine, out of nowhere the ref stops the fight with no tap or anything.

Then he immediately says it was the end of the round. The timer had just disappeared from the screen and the 10 second clap had just sounded. Pat speculated the ref may have heard the clap and mistakenly called end of round, but it looked like he was calling the fight. I don’t think Mota would have gotten the tap either way, but still, what a monumental mistake to make in a title fight. Holy shit some of these refs surprise me. 

Keep watching... Round 5 is a doozy. 

RockTheVote -
MasterofMartialArts -

Keep watching... Round 5 is a doozy. 

Dude I just finished watching. You were right. What the fucking fuck? He took a fucking BEAT DOWN, the ref pretends to stop it then steps away, then lets it go until the round is almost over? Dude I’m so disgusted right now. 

It was so bad even the CROWD WAS BOOING. I have literally never seen the audience boo the referee. Like Ron said I don’t ever want to see this motherfucker as the third man in a cage again. That was fucking disgraceful. 

There were literally a dozen times where he could have stopped it. Not only was the ref bad in that round and in the first.. he was bad the entire fight. What a fucking joke. Have you ever had a ref like that in any of your fights? 

Looks like Killys himself posted on his YouTube channel cause he felt cheated in the first: 

I don’t think he was gonna get the choke, but I guess we never know.