Thomas Sowell on Levin tonight 7 & 10 central

MPA is a troll. 

MPA -
DaddyO4 - The great Dr. Sowell on Levin on Fox tonight at 7 and 10 central tme.

Sowell is a known bigot and racist. Anyone who follows him should be have all of their comments immediately discredited. 

Do you see how this person tries to put down a distinguished scholar who happens to be a person of color? 

how many books have you written? What is your doctorate in? 

Side Note: I’m surprised he’s going on Fox. He usually doesn’t like doing publicity like that. 

okiebug -
Mit -
HotSteppa - He's a right wingers wet dream ecomomist, but he does face academic criticisms from his peers, many great economists don't agree with many oof his positions. He's just an economist conservatives found for their own pursuits.

Hes a brilliant man.  Please post some legit criticism...I would genuinely be interested in reading it considering every position he has is backed up by research and data.  His basic economics book is amazing.

I think he's brilliant on social economics and have read a few of his books.  He leans towards a monetist view.  He's ok with the fed and has a Milton Friedman  view of free and open trade.  I would disagree somewhat as I'm more Austrian in my view and I'm more fair trade.

I would also disagree with some of his views on foreign policy. 

That said he's one of the great thinkers of the latter half of the 20th century which puts him so far ahead of everyone else today. 

You might enjoy Walter Williams. 

okiebug -
Mit -
HotSteppa - He's a right wingers wet dream ecomomist, but he does face academic criticisms from his peers, many great economists don't agree with many oof his positions. He's just an economist conservatives found for their own pursuits.

Hes a brilliant man.  Please post some legit criticism...I would genuinely be interested in reading it considering every position he has is backed up by research and data.  His basic economics book is amazing.

I think he's brilliant on social economics and have read a few of his books.  He leans towards a monetist view.  He's ok with the fed and has a Milton Friedman  view of free and open trade.  I would disagree somewhat as I'm more Austrian in my view and I'm more fair trade.

That said he's one of the great thinkers of the latter half of the 20th century which puts him so far ahead of everyone else today. 

All fair and valid opinions. But MPA called him a bigot and racist thats a rather spurious accusation that requires some evidence. 

DropKick Joe -
okiebug -
Mit -

I do enjoy Walter Williams. I'm a much bigger fan of Sowell and I'm not sure why.  I just appreciate his communication I think.

I No Kung Foo -
MPA -

Sowell is a known bigot and racist. Anyone who follows him should be have all of their comments immediately discredited. 

sigh

Ok, let's see some examples of him being racist.

Well, he clearly hatres black people

DropKick Joe -
okiebug -
Mit -

Another racist who hates black people

Mit -

I don't think anyone doubts his intelligence. He is just "famous" for the layperson because what he says is what they are searching for. For criticisms you'll have to go to the academic literature.Criticisms are generally placed there. It's beyond me, I have taken 4 economics courses at university but can only really grasp simple ideas in edonomics.  

HotSteppa -
Mit -

I don't think anyone doubts his intelligence. He is just "famous" for the layperson because what he says is what they are searching for. For criticisms you'll have to go to the academic literature.Criticisms are generally placed there. It's beyond me, I have taken 4 economics courses at university but can only really grasp simple ideas in edonomics.  

Lol I went to school for social work so economics were not something I studied.  Basic economics is a great digestible read.  I feel like one of his biggest strengths is making these complicated ideas easier to understand.

I read some of the academic criticism some was nitpicky....some were differences in views according to economic philosophy.  Definitely some valid stuff there.

HotSteppa - He's a right wingers wet dream ecomomist, but he does face academic criticisms from his peers, many great economists don't agree with many oof his positions. He's just an economist conservatives found for their own pursuits.

Most economists are fucking retarded.

Paul Krugman comes to mind as a complete moron. According to him trump was going to crash the stock market overnight.

1 Like

I No Kung Foo -
MPA -

sigh

Ok, let's see some examples of him being racist.

The examples are that he doesnt believe in leftists ideology. That automatically qualifies him as racist in the left's eyes.

They are too stupid to know what racism is or smart enough to use it as a weapon. Probably a little of both