Thor trailer!

Bluenamer embed please:

Looks pretty cool.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47706

It's THOR, people!

Thanks!

How the FUCK Heimdall "the whitest of the aesir" is BLACK?

Bad Karma - How the FUCK Heimdall "the whitest of the aesir" is BLACK?

it's just like as stated on the young justice thread when they made aqua lad black,corporate media feels that they are in the clear as long as they add ONE person of color.

so instead of doing something original and adding maybe two black guys,or hell even 20 black guys,the product has become boring and predictable like everything else hollywood touches and rapes.

but don't worry,if this movie doesn't do so well,you can always count on the revamped thor movie they will make that will be more in tune to what the fans want if this one bombs.

I think the trailer looks great.  10 years ago, I would have NEVER thought this movie would get made.

Heimdall being black doesnt seem like a problem to me. its like the huge guy named Tiny.

Being a person of color i kind of cringe when i see people complaining about changing heroes races. To me the most important aspect is staying true to the character. As long as writing doesnt deviate too much from continuity and what the character is known for, i dont have a real complaint.

I still think Donald Glover as Spider-Man would have been great.

I think this movie will be great. Definitely better than Green Lantern.

MarkRobinson - I still think Donald Glover as Spider-Man would have been great.

Yo Osborne, I heard you like web in yo face, so I put web in yo face!

Sweet baby jeebus.....WANT!!!!

lol@everyone throwing a fit about Heimdall... if it were black Thor, ok that's silly. I don't care about Heimdall's skin. Does he guard the bridge and see everything? Ok, he's Heimdall.

I have a problem with them changing existing characters races. It is retarded, wtf happened to continuity? I guess guys can be women too? Since there are no rules, why not?

Like Nick Fury. Couldn't they have just created a cool new character to run SHIELD who was black? Of course not. It's the same as rappers sampling already hit songs and calling them their own creations. I doubt Jack Kirby would have appreciated it.

They have to erase a character who has been around since WWII and replace him with a black guy who is more recognizable as Sam Jackson that any character he may play and is the typical black guy of Hollywood. He played Shaft FFS. So those who liked the original Nick are made to be intolerant racists because they have a problem with the absurdity. And I have the feeling it will keep happening.

LOL @ SAMUEL JACKSON AS THOR.............. ITS THE HAMMER THAT SAYS BAD MOTHERFUCKER ON IT...............

Leigh - MCD was fine as Kingpin, although maybe the rest of the wrong in that movie offset that Phone Post

Oh god there was waaaay bigger issues with DareDevil than the colour of MCDS skin...LOL

But for the record I really liked MCD as Kingpin.

@Fury2

Nick Fury was changed to a black guy that looked a lot like Sam Jackson in the Marvel ultimate universe.

I didnt like the way that Fury was dipicted in the Iron Man movies either but it had nothing to with his race. I think the writers dropped the ball by not showing Fury as super hardened badass. Its probably what they were going for but in casting Jackson they got a badass mofo but not a war torn battle tested badass.

Race doesnt mean shit to me in these movies. I think its petty to bitch about race of all things. Especially when youre questioning continuity. The deviation from the characters continuity has little to do with race and more to with how they are written.

I dont think youre being an intolerant racist. You just kinda come off like one. But its cool. I thought Goku being played by that white kid was wack too. I just didnt get a chance to complain about it because i was too busy shitting on the rest of that train wreck of a film.

I agree that Sam Jackson should not be cast in any part. He should only be cast when you want "Sam Jackson" as your character.

Sad that the discussion (not so much here, but elsewhere) has gotten so ugly about Heimdall. Other sites have noted that some people complained loudly and publicly, and thus those people must be KKK-level racists, etc., which led to flames from that group against the ones who said it, and then counter-accusations, etc.

Is it a bit silly that a race of Nordic folks who strongly tend to be pale and have blond hair now have a character who is black? I suppose so. But who really cares? And is that the biggest liberty taken with the characters? Not by a long shot.

Make the movie good, and nobody will care about the racial stuff.

Hell, MCD was fine as Kingpin, though that movie was indeed garbage. People shit on the movie now because it was silly and stupid, not because Kingpin had dark skin.

None So Blind - Sad that the discussion (not so much here, but elsewhere) has gotten so ugly about Heimdall. Other sites have noted that some people complained loudly and publicly, and thus those people must be KKK-level racists, etc., which led to flames from that group against the ones who said it, and then counter-accusations, etc.

Is it a bit silly that a race of Nordic folks who strongly tend to be pale and have blond hair now have a character who is black? I suppose so. But who really cares? And is that the biggest liberty taken with the characters? Not by a long shot.

Make the movie good, and nobody will care about the racial stuff.

Hell, MCD was fine as Kingpin, though that movie was indeed garbage. People shit on the movie now because it was silly and stupid, not because Kingpin had dark skin.

exactly.

When it comes to black guys and asian guys being in Asgard it doesnt bother me much because Asgard of the Marvel Universe is already drastically different from the original mythos.

...as long as the Asian guy isn't the de facto martial arts expert, too, or the black guy isn't the biggest/strongest :-/

Ultra-liberal though they may be, Hollywood just can NOT seem to drop those two stereotypes.

I mean, when's the last time you saw a major action movie with an Asian character who DIDN'T know kung-fu/ninjutsu/karate, etc.? :-P