Thoughts on Gilbert Gottfried??

"He’s not like a modern comedian writing a new hour every other year. "

Although that’s a highly respected way to work, it’s not a norm & not a useful metric. You’re really just talking about three guys, & one of them has been dead for more than a decade.

I remember howard stern talking about how stingy he was with money. Dude was a millionaire and wouldn't spend a cent. Said he would walk miles to avoid a cab fare 

#2 for me behind Norm Macdonald

1 Like

“I remember howard stern talking about how stingy he was with money.”

He’s not stingy; he’s OCD. He can’t handle money at all. Receiving as well as spending.

Comedians are all out of their fucking minds.

BarkLikeADog - A comedians' comedian & a good friend. His wife Dara is pretty awesome, too. If you don't dig him, you're just plain wrong.

Thats cool that you know him. His fake voice irritates me but he is funny as hell when he goes WAY over the line

BarkLikeADog - "I remember howard stern talking about how stingy he was with money."

He’s not stingy; he’s OCD. He can’t handle money at all. Receiving as well as spending.

Dude, he is ridiculously cheap. Whether it’s pathological or not is irrelevant.  Adam Corolla had a vending machine in his studio that vended for free and Gilbert cleared out like 20 candy bars before he left after being interviewed lol. 

He has multiple big plastic storage containers filled with hotel soaps and shampoos lol. 

HillboFrateTrane -
BarkLikeADog - "I remember howard stern talking about how stingy he was with money."

Dude, he is ridiculously cheap. Whether it’s pathological or not is irrelevant.  Adam Corolla had a vending machine in his studio that vended for free and Gilbert cleared out like 20 candy bars before he left after being interviewed lol. 

He has multiple big plastic storage containers filled with hotel soaps and shampoos lol. 

I am trying to tell myself thats nuts but its also admirable

I love him.

“Dude, he is ridiculously cheap.”

Dude, he’s a personal friend of mine.

He doesn't talk like that which when I first heard his natty voice was kinda disappoint. 

1 Like

Is that Adam Sandler’s dad?

My Grandfather absolutely hated him. My Grandfather was a WWII Marine and looking back was a pretty quiet man, kept things to himself, never complained at all but it must have been Gilbert Godfried’s voice because if he came on he would speak up in disgust. lol

We Are talking about a man who was out cutting wood, chainsaw slipped and hit his leg, came home, sat down for lunch only for my Grandmother to say “Hey, what happened to your leg?”…blood soaked jeans and shoe “Oh, chainsaw knicked me”. Hospital visit and many stitches later.

RIP!

Miss that man everyday!

Yeah it did come across that way

KaiTangata - My Grandfather absolutely hated him. My Grandfather was a WWII Marine and looking back was a pretty quiet man, kept things to himself, never complained at all but it must have been Gilbert Godfried's voice because if he came on he would speak up in disgust. lol

We Are talking about a man who was out cutting wood, chainsaw slipped and hit his leg, came home, sat down for lunch only for my Grandmother to say "Hey, what happened to your leg?"…blood soaked jeans and shoe "Oh, chainsaw knicked me". Hospital visit and many stitches later.

RIP!

Miss that man everyday!

lol The only thing he couldn’t grin and bear was Gilbert Gottfried.

1 Like
BarkLikeADog - "Dude, he is ridiculously cheap."

Dude, he’s a personal friend of mine.

It was a major plot point of his documentary. He fully admits it and there’s multiple peers vouching for it. He shows multiple like 80 gallon plastic storage containers filled with single use hotel toiletries.  He would live like a pauper if not for his wife and kids.  I don’t know why a “friend” would deny that.  

I have no doubt it’s likely correlated with ocd, but cheap is cheap.  

Love the guy.

I’m giving you extra insight, not arguing some mundane point. Stingy is just plain the wrong word. Stingy people don’t have problems handling money; they just dislike spending it.

His of comedy he is the last of.

Borsch Belt schtick.

Jewish comedians making fun of Jews.

Mal Z. Lawrence was the king.   See if you can find a video of him online and you will get where Gilbert is coming from.

Not sure which roast it was but he just copied Ice T's dumb shit about robbing white people and it was hilarious.