Thoughts on Hammer Strength Equip

A friend of mine gave me a fre three month membership to a new health club. Thing is they only have Hammer Strength machines and Naut. Gen.2 Machines. They do have dumbells that go up to 110 lbs. I've played around with the Hammer suff briefly in the past, and do live the Naut. curl and fly stations. Any comments or thoughts?

I never used them, but ive only heard good things about hammer strength. They seem to be very popular with college and pro strength coaches/programs.

Hammer Strength machines feel more natural than other types of machines.

Im no expert but for what its worth the best workout i ever got was from Hammerstrength machines(slow method)

the hammerstrength jammer is awesome.

I love them. I HATE machines in general, but Hammer makes a really high quality product IMO.

You should also do training with dumbells/barbells. The Hammer machines don't work the core and isolate the different muscles too much.

"You should also do training with dumbells/barbells. The Hammer machines don't work the core and isolate the different muscles too much"

This is exactly right use the Hammer to go heavy but dumbells/barbells for your normal work out..

CC

I do not use machines- except for the hammer equipment at my gym- I find if I brace up against the pad and drop the seat out completely-I can do most of the exercises standing and in a ground based pattern, you can switch from a bilateral to unilateral movement and it is fairly smooth. They are definitely a part of of my training cycle.

t.

Great machines for when you want to go machine.

Hamma Strength apparatus are graded " A " man . i love them and its nice that the gym i igo to has that type of equipment.

I rather use barbells/dumbbells for pressing and lifting movements, but I like the Hammer machines for pulling exercises.

does anyone know how much weight you are actually moving with a hammer machine, say if i benched 280 for reps, how much would i actually be "lifting"?

Good machines, overall.

Mike- I doubt it's useful or even possible to make that sort of comparison.