Thoughts on the 50 zero

I revieved a email about it it seemed interesting i was wondering any one mess with this position Phone Post 3.0

All I know is that if I don't buy the dvds now, white belts will be tapping me out with this position in no time. I need to act now!

Lmao Phone Post 3.0

It's just 50/50 with the opponent's leg on the 'wrong' side. Basically inviting the leg drag, though you can obviously use it skillfully. How it is any better than 50/50, however, I don't know. And the opponent definitely doesn't have zero options. If anything were to be called 50/0 (how does that even add up, btw?), it should be the standard reverse heel hook position.

Using 50/0 to sit someone in order to sweep or submit is not as easy as the video suggests. Now that people are somewhat savvy to basic 1 leg X it is often hard and to me it is a superior position.

50/0 is where you were scissorbanging, but then your opponent runs off the mat Phone Post 3.0

CraftyHobo - 50/0 is where you were scissorbanging, but then your opponent runs off the mat Phone Post 3.0
Thought it was going 50/50 with a one legged grappler Phone Post 3.0

things to see people to do -
CraftyHobo - 50/0 is where you were scissorbanging, but then your opponent runs off the mat Phone Post 3.0
Thought it was going 50/50 with a one legged grappler Phone Post 3.0
Nah, that's 50/25 Phone Post 3.0

Doesn't exactly put you into a leg drag per say, but does look risky. Alberto Crane is really good though, so I'm guessing the position is solid despite the marketing spill.

Hey Guys, 50/0 is a position I've been doing for the last 3-4 years, My students and I have hit it a lot successfully in MMA, BJJ Gi and No Gi.
There are 3 main leg games. The 1 leg X, 50/50, 50/0, it's a way to control the opponents body by manipulating the knee to sweep and submit your opponent. I prefer it a lot more than the other leg games because I feel like I have more control, it's harder to defend and if you understand the position it's really dangerous for your opponent! Didn't really have a name for the position until a few months back when Ryan Hall came to my school and I showed him that I prefer this positioning compared to 50/50 etc ...he called it 50/0 because you only have your leg laced (the 50 position) and your grabbing his ankle on the same side (the 0 position). Another thing I like about it as well is that it's legal in IBJJF compared to the leg reaping position. I think it's really important to understand ALL the leg games even if you don't do it so you know how to deal with it and not get your knees messed up!

Hope this helps and I will post some videos of the 50/0 in competition for you to understand the position better. Phone Post 3.0

alberto crane - Hey Guys, 50/0 is a position I've been doing for the last 3-4 years, My students and I have hit it a lot successfully in MMA, BJJ Gi and No Gi.
There are 3 main leg games. The 1 leg X, 50/50, 50/0, it's a way to control the opponents body by manipulating the knee to sweep and submit your opponent. I prefer it a lot more than the other leg games because I feel like I have more control, it's harder to defend and if you understand the position it's really dangerous for your opponent! Didn't really have a name for the position until a few months back when Ryan Hall came to my school and I showed him that I prefer this positioning compared to 50/50 etc ...he called it 50/0 because you only have your leg laced (the 50 position) and your grabbing his ankle on the same side (the 0 position). Another thing I like about it as well is that it's legal in IBJJF compared to the leg reaping position. I think it's really important to understand ALL the leg games even if you don't do it so you know how to deal with it and not get your knees messed up!

Hope this helps and I will post some videos of the 50/0 in competition for you to understand the position better. Phone Post 3.0

Got any videos of it being used on a basketball court? So I know it's legit.

Sub Phone Post 3.0