Thoughts on Xbox Scorpio?

Is there any buzz or excitement about this, or will it be a colossal flop? Who will be there on day one, who is passing?

I think it's crazy there are rumors of the next Xbox releasing in 2019.

Day 1 who am I kidding , I'm pumped it will be the first true 4K console (30fps) . It's a step on the right direction. It will do amazing , it's always a pattern Sony on top... Microsoft on top... Sony on top... Microsoft on top.

techbology is a expensive hobby, no one is forcing you to buy it. You will still be able to play all your games with the one even if your friends have Scorpio so it's amazing. (You know who this is for lol)

They are supposed to release info on Thursday.

Honestly I don't know what to expect. Rumor is it's going to be in the neighborhood of $800. IF that's true, I can't see it doing well. You could dump just a little bit more and get a pretty good PC.

Also heard they are using the new Ryzen AMD chip. It's pretty damn beastly, especially for the price.

I'm getting this info second hand from a friend though, so keep that in mind. It could be total horseshit. I don't really keep up on XBox info.

I just wonder how much developer support they will get.

A lot depends on price in my opinion. I've always preferred a console to a PC. If this comes in at anything over £399 I'll probably bite the bullet and get a PC instead 

If it's a gaming console and not an entertainment hub I might be interested

I feel like the xbox one just came out

LotionInTheBasket -

Honestly I don't know what to expect. Rumor is it's going to be in the neighborhood of $800. IF that's true, I can't see it doing well. You could dump just a little bit more and get a pretty good PC.

Also heard they are using the new Ryzen AMD chip. It's pretty damn beastly, especially for the price.

I'm getting this info second hand from a friend though, so keep that in mind. It could be total horseshit. I don't really keep up on XBox info.

No way they're using an AMD Ryzen chip - i saw those rumors as well but they were quickly dispelled by enthusiast sites analyzing leaked design memos.

Would love to be wrong but it's unheard of that we get that sort of premium tech in a console.

I can't see them releasing anything that is over $500 either.

We may know tomorrow morning....

Flyers179 -
LotionInTheBasket -

No way they're using an AMD Ryzen chip - i saw those rumors as well but they were quickly dispelled by enthusiast sites analyzing leaked design memos.

Would love to be wrong but it's unheard of that we get that sort of premium tech in a console.

I can't see them releasing anything that is over $500 either.

I'm skeptical too. Realistically, I expect a price point about $200 over the PSPro, and nothing close to the Ryzen.

Its fun to post stuff though. :)

And honestly, I hope M$ raises the bar on this console. Competition is good for everyone.

KeezyDoesIt - I feel like the xbox one just came out

It did.

Not even 4 years ago yet.

I waited two years for them to get the bugs out after getting burned by that 360 Ring of Death fiasco.

No point buying it unless you've got a 4k TV.

So is it a new generation where they'll stop making games for the one?

Passing. I have too many games for this generation that I haven't played yet. When the true next gen comes out, I won't be able to pass that up.

My Xbox One is less than a year old and I use it as my media center more than I game with it. Neither my projector or TV's are 4K. However I'm interested and will probably upgrade in a few years.

100 4K launch day titles, PS4 pro won't even be in the same ballpark graphics wise. Why wouldn't you get it? 

2 Cold Scorpio is doing the presentation tomorrow

scourge - Passing. I have too many games for this generation that I haven't played yet. When the true next gen comes out, I won't be able to pass that up.

It will play current generation games

Definitely buying and maybe a 4K tv with it if the specs truly come out in support of it. 

i was super pumped for it and I might get it day one but if it plays the same games as my same old xbox one whats the point?

I'm not paying 1k + for increased frame rates and??

i'd have to buy a 4k tv then the scorpio.

I'm a Microsoft guy I have a modded xbox original, a 360 and of course a 1 but around xmas the ps4 pro will be 250 or less probably bundled. Microsoft had better come with something good to make me buy this or i'll skip it like I did the xbox s.

Nobody is allowed to make a game for Scorpio, without also making the same game for xbox one. I'm not sure how long that rule applies, but it is strict. I think that's a huge negative.