Thousands of angry Russians fight on the beach....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJtRc91HGWc&feature=youtu.be

I'm in Phuket, and I hear that today at 4:00pm thousands of angry Russians will be fighting on the beach. They're going to use the minimal hand protection allowed by law, as close to bareknuckle as possible, no weight classes, you just show up and fight whoever agrees to fight. What kind of people are these? Who would do such a barbaric thing? Especially just before Christmas? I don't know, but I might just have to go down and watch so I know what the questionable characters in Phuket look like. The dark horse favorite is a mysterious Russian known only as Ivan "The Cannon" Gannonov. I'll keep you posted. If I happen to suddenly disappear afer a trip to the men's room, are there any other local UGers that can help me keep tabs on the event?

Keep an eye on Ivan "The Cannon" Gannonov. I hear he’s shifty. 

Aussie Shaun -

so are you in thailand on the spurious gofundme takings that you begged for on here from the marks?

i hope you get your pig lights punched out.

Aussie Shaun -

so are you in thailand on the spurious gofundme takings that you begged for on here from the marks?

First time I've heard a man criticized for looking for work. Not sure how familiar you are with Phuket, but it's got an entire cottage industry built around MMA. If my other career does end up being over, it's pretty much my only marketable skill.

No worries, we're all Shauns on the inside, whether we're Aussie or American.

Film it big orse!

Also make sure your wearing an adidas tracksuit.

In for epic Gannon comeback 

Tru -

Where the fuck have you been?

and what happened to my podcast that made me feel like drinking beer and picking out the imaginary peanut butter and jam sanger stuck between the back of my teeth and cheek out of my mouth just from listening. 

Lie to me and say it wasn’t because you finally got dem roots you were chasin.  ;)

Good ti see your still about bud. 

Tru -

Thanks Tru

Sounds like insanity.  In for video.

Neat.

GladiatorGannon - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJtRc91HGWc&feature=youtu.be

I'm in Phuket, and I hear that today at 4:00pm thousands of angry Russians will be fighting on the beach. They're going to use the minimal hand protection allowed by law, as close to bareknuckle as possible, no weight classes, you just show up and fight whoever agrees to fight. What kind of people are these? Who would do such a barbaric thing? Especially just before Christmas? I don't know, but I might just have to go down and watch so I know what the questionable characters in Phuket look like. The dark horse favorite is a mysterious Russian known only as Ivan "The Cannon" Gannonov. I'll keep you posted. If I happen to suddenly disappear afer a trip to the men's room, are there any other local UGers that can help me keep tabs on the event?

“as close to bareknuckle as possible, no weight classes, you just show up and fight whoever agrees to fight. What kind of people are these? Who would do such a barbaric thing?”

Kimbo…and that Gannon fella. :slight_smile:

Tru - 

The tracksuit suggestion was what brought this thread to an 11

DavidYorkshire -
GladiatorGannon - 
Aussie Shaun -

First time I've heard a man criticized for looking for work. Not sure how familiar you are with Phuket, but it's got an entire cottage industry built around MMA. If my other career does end up being over, it's pretty much my only marketable skill.

Mature response to ridiculously aggressive attack.

We've all had days....

And he probably missed the UG News article where I actually did land a job out here - http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/sean-gannon-resurfaces-at-alex-garcia-training-camp-in-thailand

Just one day a week at one of the smaller camps, but it shows that opportunities are out there if you work for them. I'm going to keep working and keep looking so that even if my other career is over, things are still going to work out.

Not a Reebok tracksuit?

WTF

the sand in the eyes LOL

sand behind the eyeball is not a good thing

No standing chokes Gannon.