THQ may not release UFC Undisputed annually

Kirik -  Ttt

Posted from my mma underground iPhone app

This excites me more than UFC Undisputed 2011.

Has it been submitted to Apple yet?

KissMisery - The shitty part is that the game is now $29.99 at Sam's Club. I bought that piece of shit for $60 in its midnight release.

@ Tomato Can. I'm not trying to start an argument with you but honestly if you haven't purchase OR played the game you may want to reserve your opinion.

I appreciate the civil response. The thing is, I've clearly stated that I'm not expressing an opinion on the quality of the game, and that I've never played it. I'm simply saying that the evidence directly contradicts the "sales dropped off because the game sucks" point. The evidence says that most people DO NOT think the game sucks, and the idea that the UG is necessarily representative of the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people who bought the game is just silly.

EdSinister'sBottomBitch - 
Snakey - 
Tomato Can - So they gave kickbacks to EVERY reviewer?

What an eminently plausible theory.

They dont give kickbacks, rather they have to buy bucket loads of advertising space for a more generous review.

There was a big kick up about that, well almost every year and a few reviews resigned with both gamespot and Ign over that as they felt it was misleading the public and it is.

The reviews I seen of it scored it in the mid 70`s and is about correct. Not enough new stuff in there, better yet the stuff the added could have been dlc since the assets where allready in 2008s version.
One of my good friends going all the way back to elementary school helps run GameZone and does reviews, they got zero kickbacks and ads purchased in exchange for their favorable review.

Havent got time to start digging up all the others but here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Gerstmann
in fact search for it on google for a good laugh.

As for your friend do you really think he would jepordise his job by admiting to it? From what I have heard it is instant firing if you do.

The Kangaroo - Most people wait for player reviews to start trickling out because of the absurd nature of game reviews.

Zero Punctuation, which is one of the great reviewers on The Escapist website, who is known for ripping games to fucking shreds, lost advertising for their site because of a single unfavorable review.

This is the cycle in gaming today. If you dont give favorable reviews, they pull advertising from your site, magazine etc, and stop givng you exclusive access and early versions. Your essentially DOA if you dont go to bed with the developers on some level.

Exactly. It really is that bad right now.

^^ all that including the other bugs and glitches like:

Machida and others having an unstoppable takedown that made them horribly overpowered

the omoplata glitch where you just canceled the move to get a free ticket back to your feet

and of course the reversals, where you can spam them with no danger of losing stamina wich basically made the game an endless reversal spamming game

I never saw any of these issues mentioned in the reviews. But i should just disregard everything i know about a game i paid for and simply trust the reviewers like Tomato Can

And you never will.

Reviewers barely play the games thoroughly unless they have personal exceptions. With fighting games of any sort, they're usually clueless and at most, dib dab in them for a little bit and then move on to the next title on their schedule.

When you're sponsored heavily by the company products you review, how can anyone even take these "journalists" seriously?

Cannibalistic.

Successful games these days need great online playability. UFC 2009 was pathetic, lags to the max and for a fight game where timing counts......not good enough.

2010, I have not purchased due to many game forums indicating that the lag issue has not been solved or improved.

End result...this indicates a lack of care by THQ to pay attention to previous concerns and basically smacks of re-hashing the same game and asking $90 AUS for the poor experience.

Reason for poor sales = extremely poor online playability.

EA sports MMA venture will be able to take advantage now of THQ's lack of dedication and they will be the dominant MMA game in the market. Judging by EA's career mode....they have paid alot of attention to online forums.

vruntson - 

2010, I have not purchased due to many game forums indicating that the lag issue has not been solved or improved.

You are correct. THQ rushed 2010 and the online was WORSE than 2009.

-The lag was like playing on 56k modem.

-The long loading of menus. It took 2-3 minutes just to see the leaderboards. 

Then to add to this mess, THQ missed two major gameplay glitches that a lot of people abused online.

1. The omoplata cancel into a free standup.

2. Machida's takedown that is 100% gauranteed unless you are holding back on the Right Stick.

It took about 1 1/2 months for them to patch. By then I already moved on to another game.

Shitty game is shitty.