Three all-time NBA players to anchor your team?

Given all the NBA chatter today, here's a variation on the usual 'best all-time team' questions.

You're creating a team to play in the current NBA. You can anchor this team with 3 all-time players from any era, each in their prime. Everyone else on the team will be a slightly below average role player.

Position, chemistry, and style are factors. So for instance if you pick Jordan and Kobe, you have to deal with having two relatively selfish shooting guards on the floor. Good luck picking Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony together.

Who do you choose to anchor your team? Mine would be Jordan at SG, LBJ playing a point guard/small forward hybrid, and Olajuwon at centre. Offense, defence, awesome ball distribution.

GO!

EDIT: Virtually everyone is picking Jordan. And fair enough, but we want variety. So let's take Jordan out of the picture. He's stuck in Vegas with a huge hangover and refuses to play. You can't use him.

Lebron, Mitch Richmond and a Young Shaq Phone Post 3.0

Jordan, Bird, and a center I need to decide on. Phone Post 3.0

mmaizmyaddiction - Lebron, Mitch Richmond and a Young Shaq Phone Post 3.0

That would be an incredibly exciting team to watch.

Shaq, Jordan, Duncan.

No can defense.

MacNYC - Jordan, Bird, and a center I need to decide on. Phone Post 3.0
Chamberlain, Jordan, Bird - they would stop LeBron and everyone else. Phone Post 3.0

The Green Arrow - 

Shaq, Jordan, Duncan.

No can defense.

Would ball distribution be an issue? Three guys who are usually on the end of plays... though their defence would be insane.

MacNYC - 
Chamberlain, Jordan, Bird - they would stop LeBron and everyone else. Phone Post 3.0

It may be just me but I have a hard time imagining those three gelling well.

Jordan, Tim Duncan, Olajuwon.

Awesome offense, defense, rebounding, and shot blocking.

Jordan shuts down the other team's best wing player and Duncan and Olajuwon take away the paint.

MacNYC -
Nice. Logged on to add Wilt to those 2 Phone Post 3.0

MacNYC -
Maybe shaq instead of wilt for the bigger stronger newer players Phone Post 3.0

Jordan, west, jabbar Phone Post 3.0

Jordan,Shaq and Lebron

maantren - 
The Green Arrow - 

Shaq, Jordan, Duncan.

No can defense.

Would ball distribution be an issue? Three guys who are usually on the end of plays... though their defence would be insane.

Whatchu know about that high-post/low-post game, son?  Just run a high triangle, which Jordan and Shaq ran both ran, and let Timmy use his ridiculous basketball IQ to dominate 10 feet away with jumpers and pump fakes, and Shaq rebounding all day, Jordan popping open when defense collapses...

Fuck me, I've got a hard on thinking about this team.

Also - variation if you like - you can't pick Jordan.

soonertodd - Jordan,Shaq and Lebron
Winner. Phone Post 3.0

Magic Johnson, Laker-era Shaq, and Larry Bird.

Great defenders, great paint presence, great ball distribution, great outside shooting, great dribble penetration.

Easy Jordan at shooting guard Pete marivich on point and shaq and this combo wins for years

Chocolate Shatner - Magic Johnson, Laker-era Shaq, and Larry Bird.

Great defenders, great paint presence, great ball distribution, great outside shooting, great dribble penetration.

I'd put John Stockton, Olajuwon, and LBJ up against that team.

maantren - Also - variation if you like - you can't pick Jordan.

Hmmm no Jordan okay then Pete marivich PG Larry bird SF and shaq at C