Throwing Dummies -- feedback please.

thinking of getting one for my eldest son.

I have 5 and 7 yr. old sons. the 5 yr. old had the benefit of being able to go 100% on throws and takedowns on his older brother. i'm thinking of getting the dummy for my eldest so he can go full on.

right now he has to pull his "drive" or power on his little brother due to size/weight advantage. the little one ends up getting bruised up after a few good blast doubles.

any experience w/ them? do they last? it's quite an investment so i'm just curious...

I also want one for myself so I know i'll have to buy two based on weight.

I like the dummies from Suples. I have the same exact problem with my sons as well....my 8yr old can go full speed on my 11, but not the other way around.

I have had my suples for about 1.5years now and not a single sign of wear/tear....and he shoots about 20 takedowns a day on it.

Best thing to do is call them and go over your sons's size with them and they will get you set up.

We had a full set of these at our Kid's club and they're great, especially for throws. We had the Suples brown ones and the red one for Greco was nice. Only thing I can say is that they're pricey and your kids will probably outgrow them quickly. Can't you get them into a good club where they can work with live partners closer to their own size and weight?

DaCrusher - I like the dummies from Suples. I have the same exact problem with my sons as well....my 8yr old can go full speed on my 11, but not the other way around.

I have had my suples for about 1.5years now and not a single sign of wear/tear....and he shoots about 20 takedowns a day on it.

Best thing to do is call them and go over your sons's size with them and they will get you set up.

The Ivan Ivanov ones. I prefer the greco ones with the sausage body, the proportions on the ones with legs are a little weird.

They hold up okay. There's a 10 year old set at the club and they're just a little discoloured from sweat.

Same situation as OP thanks for the feedback all.

my kids are in a great club. I just wanted something for home practice and use.

PayItForward - my kids are in a great club. I just wanted something for home practice and use.

same here.... my son does Greco in the off season so we use the dummy for working throws at home vs. using his little brother (little bro is 3# bigger than older bro).