Thx to the forum

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to thank everyone here for the info I've gathered here over the last year and a half or so.

I work long hours at a desk job and have a 13 month old son, so time, energy, and money have been at a premium. Before coming here I would put off working out because I "didn't have time" or "didn't have money". You gents convinced me that anything was better than nothing. I bought a cheap set of adjustable dumbells, picked up a simple full-body, twice a week program here, and went to work.

I've consistently hit at least one of the workouts per week for about 18 months, and I've gained around 30 pounds (probably of that 25 is muscle). Big gains in my max lifts, too. I was inspired to post by my workout today; hit a PR of 74 lbs on a one-hand dumbell military press. Not world class, but far more than I could have managed a year ago.

Anyhow, thanks for the information and inspiration. It's much appreciated.

-Gary

This IS a really nice forum. I've always found everybody here helpful and friendly.

That's awesome man. Good work! I've known a LOT of people who had kids in the last year or so and really struggled to make their workouts work for them. Good show.

-doug-

4R and Vermonter are talking to me. I'm all star-struck. You're two of my favorite posters.

I actually found this forum searching for JKD information, and was sucked in by the JKD forum back when four ranges, nowaydo, and Aus were arguing the virtues of chi-sau at length with the SBG crowd. Glad to see you guys over there again recently.

Life with a kid has certainly been an adjustment. It's the hardest and the best thing I've ever done.

-Gary

Congratulations on your gains, personal bests and in making fitness a primary part of life.

One of my favorite sayings is, "It's easy to find a lame excuse not to train, but it's pretty hard to find a valid excuse to NOT train."

Best in Health and Training, J. R.

Indeed anything is better then nothing :D

Congrats on your progress and PB.

Koing

This fourm rules :)

Sweet dude. Good show.

Great guy. Keep at it, you won't believe what your capable of.

Hey Gary:

thank you for the compliments.

Keep doing what you're doing, and if you have questions, just ask the forum.

Anytime I have a question about s&c, I ask the guys here. People are always helpful, very encouraging, and very respectful.

Most of all, the guys here are open to anything to improve their s&c.

Thanks again everyone. I've definitely learned more about training here than anywhere else.

I enjoy the shared spirit of encouragement that lives here along with the widely varied expertise and opinion. It's great to see educated, informed folks disagree and still get along.

I've been having tons of fun with my program recently; I just moved into a new house and carved out a piece of the garage as a gym. Hung up a heavy bag and just rigged up a bench out of a couple of stumps and a 2x12. Being able to work out at home has really been a key for me. Cuts out a lot of those lame excuses ;)