Thx U Strikeforce

... for putting together the Heavyweight tournament. I'm genuinely excited for the 1st time since 2005 and the Pride LWGP. Whoever wins it is the #1 Heavyweight in the world.

Vid of bracket.
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Emelianenko_Re_Signs_Tourney_Unveiled?vid=10015654&tid=107

ttt

What's funny is that virtually no one considers Werdum #1 in the world despite JUST beating Fedor and Bigfoot and having a win over Alistair.

But since this is called a "tournament", someone like Kharitonov, who is 4-3 since 2005, can beat Arlovski -- 0-3 in his last three, KTFO in two of those -- and Barnett or (lol) Rogers, plus one other guy of the four mentioned above, and be "#1 in the world". Same goes for the rest on that right side of the bracket. Or maybe Werdum's wins over the same guys he already beat will count for more this time around?

It's amazing, the power that the word "tournament" has.

^I hear what you're saying orcus.

If Fedor or Werdum aren't number 1. Who is? Who has Cain beat? Nogueira? Whats funny to me is, Dana White claiming Cain is number 1 in the world and he ain't proved jack.....compared to what some guys in this tourny have done in their careers.

I'm amazed by the casual fan thinking because a fighter competes in the UFC, they are in the upper echelons of the HW division.

Most definitely looking forward to it.

Overeem will prove he is indestructible - or Fedor will.. One of the two. If Barnett makes it to the finals he will find a way to bitch out. Phone Post

ttt

I gotta admit. I'm a little excited at the possibility of seeing Josh rise from the ashes and regain his rightful spot at the top of the MMA world again.

Monsters Ball - 
orcus - What's funny is that virtually no one considers Werdum #1 in the world despite JUST beating Fedor and Bigfoot and having a win over Alistair.

But since this is called a "tournament", someone like Kharitonov, who is 4-3 since 2005, can beat Arlovski -- 0-3 in his last three, KTFO in two of those -- and Barnett or (lol) Rogers, plus one other guy of the four mentioned above, and be "#1 in the world". Same goes for the rest on that right side of the bracket. Or maybe Werdum's wins over the same guys he already beat will count for more this time around?

Oh look the Zuffa Zombies have already showed up to feast on everyone's enjoyment because it's not a UFC event.
like the thread starter crowing about the winner being no1?

this is like the PrideGP 2000. even if someone like Rogers wins(Coleman was the dark horse) he will be considered #1.

This is the most excited I have been about MMA in quite a while! Awesome!

Great card. Perfect marketing for Showtime calling it Grand Prix... taking a page from there super six and bantam tournaments success.

as someone already said:

since " As real as it gets" is taken

TTT

Good Strikeforce HWGP promo vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GbkczlsG7E

Just like waiting for an Xmas gift.... I see in my imagination a Grinch wanting to steal it away and crush it... who could that be?

NiteProwleR - this is like the PrideGP 2000. even if someone like Rogers wins(Coleman was the dark horse) he will be considered #1.

no.

Voted way up.  Nice job Scott Coker and Strikeforce.  A classy promotion that gets better all the time.

And - I love rooting for underdogs.  My Seahawks just beat the defending Super Bowl champs.  Just because you're really good doesn't mean you can't be beat.

Depending how it shakes out, not everyone who wins it would be considered number 1

I would think if anyone on the heavy side of the bracket, Overeem, Fedor, Werdum and Silva won it all they would be ranked number 1

Barnett also because hasnt lost since the PED bust and was ranked number 2 at the time, a win over Rogers, AA/Sergei and Fedor/Overeem/Werdum would put him right there

Rogers/AA and Sergei would be up there but probably wouldnt jump a Cain, Werdum should be ranked number 1 right now anyway

If The Reem beats Werdum and Fedor he will be number 1, doesnt even need the final, probably same with Fedor if he beats Silva and Werdum/Overeem, Werdum beats Overeem and Fedor he would be number 1, Big Foot would probably need Fedor/Reem and Barnett in the MMA medias eyes

Amen!

what I like about the tourney its like a playoff bracket .. you beat this guy and then face the next .. all the way to being declared #1 if you win them all.

the UFC is about Dana White picking opponents .. do way to the top. A guy can win 20 fights straight and Dana White doesn't have to give him a title shot. Vitor fighting Anderson and yet Bitor hasn't even won crap in UFC in forever. Tournaments are more about getting a true champ.