Tiger or Phuket Top Team?

What's the best place to drop in?

This thread is relevant to my interests...

If you want a holiday go to tiger...if you want to train go to PTT Phone Post

ttt

Yep definatley wouldn't go to tiger again! Last time I was there PTT wasn't there so I ended up at dragon just down the road as i wasnt getting what i wanted at tiger,amazing trainers and just overall alot better. Heading back in a few months and will check out PTT but personally wouldn't bother with tiger again Phone Post 3.0

Ben are you really making the trek, asking in general, or for a student?

Tiger has a great fitness focused program...but the truth is simply training in Muay Thai with trainers who care about your progress will get you in shape.

PTT's competition team went 10-0 in mma fights the last month. Not sure what tigers record was during the same time but I know they went 0-2 at One FC.

Everything is so close in Phuket...my advise...don't pay for a months training anywhere...do a week and try out both camps for yourself.

I spent 5 years working at TMT however after leaving went to PTT to help a few of their guys with camp...

They have a Thai named nonsai who is sick as an instructor. They also have an old school black belt named Olavo Abreu who works really hard at building the Bjj scene in Thailand promoting beach grappling tournaments, combat grappling events, etc.

Joseph Benavides (sp?!) is there right now after doing a camp with evolve in Singapore. They've also got 4-5 other legit foreign talents.

Tigers cool though. You can get your picture taken with Roger Huerta and join 40 other people in a beginners class Phone Post 3.0

Ray Elbe - Tiger has a great fitness focused program...but the truth is simply training in Muay Thai with trainers who care about your progress will get you in shape.

PTT's competition team went 10-0 in mma fights the last month. Not sure what tigers record was during the same time but I know they went 0-2 at One FC.

Everything is so close in Phuket...my advise...don't pay for a months training anywhere...do a week and try out both camps for yourself.

I spent 5 years working at TMT however after leaving went to PTT to help a few of their guys with camp...

They have a Thai named nonsai who is sick as an instructor. They also have an old school black belt named Olavo Abreu who works really hard at building the Bjj scene in Thailand promoting beach grappling tournaments, combat grappling events, etc.

Joseph Benavides (sp?!) is there right now after doing a camp with evolve in Singapore. They've also got 4-5 other legit foreign talents.

Tigers cool though. You can get your picture taken with Roger Huerta and join 40 other people in a beginners class Phone Post 3.0
How can u hire a Thai coach to move 2 U.S Phone Post 3.0

In for the opinions

It absolutely depends on what your looking for.

I concede Tiger have a better weights area, weight loss program and group fitness class.

I think if you research both sites, gyms, youtube channels etc and ask around to un-bias students you will be able to choose which suits you best.

Check out PTT's youtube channel www.youtube.com/phukettopteam and you will see a bit of what we are about.

short clip showing a bit of what we have/offer

inside look into the MMA

last video just because....

a look inside the muay thai training

(we also have very strong wrestling, brazilian jiu jitsu, boxing and S&C programs)

So Tiger isn't the cool place for hardcores to train at?

SO when Tiger and PTT were feuding Huerta left Tiger to train with PTT. Now he's back at Tiger?

Dawkins - So Tiger isn't the cool place for hardcores to train at?

SO when Tiger and PTT were feuding Huerta left Tiger to train with PTT. Now he's back at Tiger?

Huerta trained at tiger, then left and trained with us at PTT... then was offered a job at tmt and took the job working with them.

PTT - out of curiosity is there like a minimum level of skill to train there? If for example someone with a few years of recreational/part-time martial arts wants to improve to an amateur fighter level would he fit in at Phuket Top Team? Just asking because seeing the pros in those videos is a bit intimidating!

I'd love to have 3 months of full time training and from the sounds of it TMT is a bit too much like the white-collar martial arts you can get anywhere around the world...

PhuketTopTeam -

It absolutely depends on what your looking for.

I concede Tiger have a better weights area, weight loss program and group fitness class.

I think if you research both sites, gyms, youtube channels etc and ask around to un-bias students you will be able to choose which suits you best.

Check out PTT's youtube channel www.youtube.com/phukettopteam and you will see a bit of what we are about.

So, say I wanted to spend 3 months at PTT, what kind of moolah can I expect to spend on housing/training? Phone Post

Bellator Fan - 
Ray Elbe - Tiger has a great fitness focused program...but the truth is simply training in Muay Thai with trainers who care about your progress will get you in shape.

So the whole 5 years you were promoting TMT here the truth was they actually sucked? Phone Post 3.0

Well, now they have a giant Ray sized hole in the camp, that will take a bite out of any program.

They have put together a quality team of coaches and are building their team from scratch.

Ebersole is a quality wrestler.

They have a 4th degree black belt for bjj

And Huerta.

It just takes a bit of time to rebuild a team.

With the Leone brothers at PTT...One fighting in Bellator--the other One FC it's an interesting atmosphere.

Adam Kayoom did his camp there for his win over Gregor Gracie...and being part of that camp...it was obvious it was his camp.

He fought really well and won a decision and I think the fact his camp was ran with a dedicated training program specific to him was a big part of that victory.

Fight camp...and fight camp....are different terms to different people.

Tiger has an amazing yoga instructor and is big on crossfit style training...proven winners.

My recommendation was take classes fr both as they have unique experiences Phone Post 3.0

thefightphysician - 

PTT - out of curiosity is there like a minimum level of skill to train there? If for example someone with a few years of recreational/part-time martial arts wants to improve to an amateur fighter level would he fit in at Phuket Top Team? Just asking because seeing the pros in those videos is a bit intimidating!

I'd love to have 3 months of full time training and from the sounds of it TMT is a bit too much like the white-collar martial arts you can get anywhere around the world...

At PTT we have a great pro team and high level fighters... but the only class we have that is for pro fighters or those looking to be pro is the MMA sparring class...

other than that the rest of the classes are about 20%beginners 40%intermediate 40%pro's so we have a solid mix and all levels absolutely welcome.