Tiki in UFC

I could be wrong, but I dont think he has won yet in UFC. I remember him fighting Crazy Bob Cook and Lawler in decently exciting fights, that he lost.

I dont follow a lot of the other events lately so I am curious, is Tiki doing well enough outside of UFC to keep getting back in?

I am also assuming this is a preliminary fight too?

Let me explain TIKI.

1. He has a good look. Good looking guy and nice body for MMA (NO YOURE THE FAG)

2. Hes a good striker. He will throw down with his opponents, and doesnt intend on lay and pray... so at least u will get a somewhat exciting fight.

3. He has friends that are in high places as fighters, and as promoters, so he has pull to get himself into UFC.

4. Im getting sick of this logic that you have to fire a fighter as soon as he loses, so to continue some charade of undefeated fighters in ur organization. Fighters will lose, GET OVER IT...and yes 3 times maybe a lot in UFC, but refer to 1-3

"Im getting sick of this logic that you have to fire a fighter as soon as he loses, so to continue some charade of undefeated fighters in ur organization."

Me too, but getting finished 3 times in 3 fights?? Compare this to some of the guys who they won't sign, or guys that they drop after a loss, and it makes no sense.

I am just baffled that someone like Sherk loses once and has not been invited back(at least not yet) and this is Tikis 3rd time in.

I think Tiki has a decent shot at winning this, but I still dont understand the logic of him being back.

Sherk was not invited back because of other problems that he had. There were all kind of rumors, but it had nothing to do with him losing 1 fight. It was other things all together.

Sherk is boring, that's why he wasn't brought back.

This is Tiki's fourth time in. He's 0-3 in the UFC. The loss that you're missing was against Sherk, actually.

Tiki is being brought in to lose to Lytle. To build Lytle up. I think Zuffa may finally be realizing that they need to build their fighters into stars somehow. Lytle has legit KO power and is very well rounded. Not the best talker, but he has an exciting and marketable fighting style. Zuffa is trying to market him. Tiki will make for an exciting fight, but isn't much of a threat to win, I don't think. Thus, making Lytle look good.

I could be wrong.

Ryan, your not wrong at all... u got it perfect.

UFC needs to build their fighters up, and no better way to build someone up than give them an easy fight... and Tiki is by no means easy, but it will be an exciting fight, and UFC is probably pretty confident Lytle will come out on top

Well, I'm not saying Lytle will plow through him, but he SHOULD win. Tiki is tough, no doubt, I just don't see him winning this fight. If Lytle plowed through him, it wouldn't show much. If Lytle and Tiki brawl it out and then Lytle lands something in round 2 and puts Tiki out (a hypothetical situation), the fans will remember that and want to see Lytle again.

Infact, Ryan, I think thats exactly what will happen. Both fighters will throw down, and fans will go nuts...and I see lytle getting a submission on TIKI.

He goes all gung ho in the beginning and then makes mistakes and gets caught.

"Ryan, your not wrong at all... u got it perfect.
UFC needs to build their fighters up, and no better way to build someone up than give them an easy fight... and Tiki is by no means easy, but it will be an exciting fight, and UFC is probably pretty confident Lytle will come out on top"

yeah that would make alot more sence if Tiki/Lytle was actually going to make the PPV. If you havent noticed yet, this fight isnt going to make the PPV, we are just going to get to possibly see a clip of it at the end of the PPV. I dont think they are building up Lylte, i just think that they realize this would be an exciting fight. Thats all its about, its all for the fans to see a good fight.

Well, maybe Zuffa is also planning on showing all the fights, if possible. I mean, the best way to build stars is to actually show them on PPV, right?

I find it hard to believe that Zuffa could be so stupid to neglect the prelims for 3 events in a row.

yeah right, other guys who can "throw down" and have a "look" who are NOT in the UFC : Pele, Semenov, Suloev, Fryklund,Weir, and many others. Some have competed there and lost/or won, yet are NOT there now whereas guys like Tiki are. Not saying I hate Tiki or anything, but the reasons for him being there and the guys I mentioned not being there just don't add up.

tiki knows important people