Tim Means suspended for 6 months by USADA

Like Yoel Romero he proved doping due to contaminated supplements.

http://ufc.usada.org/tim-means-accepts-doping-sanction/

Damn, disappointed to hear that. I really enjoy Tim Means fights. He always comes to fight, but if he's trying to gain an unfair advantage, my respect level is capped.

What a dirty bird. Phone Post 3.0

What an odd PED to pop for. I'm not saying the guy isn't a steroid user, because I don't know. I definitely believe him in this situation though. Yoel is in the unfortunate position of being a highly suspect fighter to begin with. So he'll have a lot harder time truly clearing his name. Phone Post 3.0

CormierCumminsideme -

Yet another USADA sacrificial lamb to protect the champions and needle movers.

Champions you say? Which ones do you believe are juicing?? Phone Post 3.0

can fight August 3

D241 -

Damn, disappointed to hear that. I really enjoy Tim Means fights. He always comes to fight, but if he's trying to gain an unfair advantage, my respect level is capped.

please read the article.

jTheHybridwolff -
CormierCumminsideme -

RDA, lawler, Rockhold (was) Phone Post 3.0

6 months is nothing... 

Someonestolemysocks -
jTheHybridwolff -
CormierCumminsideme -

RDA, lawler, Rockhold (was) Phone Post 3.0
2angels I believe . Robby not so much he has always looked muscular even way back when Nick Diaz Ko'd him he had the same body type .. Rockhold I buy aswell . Phone Post 3.0

VanCity_KO -
D241 -

Or he got caught keeping up with Jone's Phone Post 3.0
Why would he try to keep up with Jones? That's pretty random. Phone Post 3.0

how can you blame a dirty sup on a fighter? hope they sue those sup companies

If the investigation proved the supplement batch itself was tainted, I don't see why he got any suspension at all. Phone Post 3.0

Morpheus1976 -

Because there's still suspicion that he knew the banned substance was in there and that's why he used it. Would be an easy excuse when he popped.

Or that he was taking that substance independently and just blamed a supp that he knew contained the same stuff.

I always find it odd when guys can immediately pinpoint the source but never thought to check that item out prior to using. Phone Post 3.0

Death Beast -
Morpheus1976 -

Because there's still suspicion that he knew the banned substance was in there and that's why he used it. Would be an easy excuse when he popped.

Or that he was taking that substance independently and just blamed a supp that he knew contained the same stuff.

I always find it odd when guys can immediately pinpoint the source but never thought to check that item out prior to using. Phone Post 3.0

how would the athlete know? its not on the label, its not on the internet.

it became known, when USDA tested the subs, which are a few $1000 per can.

i am glad they do this, the NSAC doesn't do shit and would give the fighter the full suspension.

Morpheus1976 -

That's exactly where the remedy lies. Damages for lost earnings coupled with damages for injury to reputation. Phone Post 3.0

Means got screwed, damn. First time I can say that about this sort of situation. Phone Post 3.0

Why on Earth are professional athletes taking supplements that don't have the safe for sport seal???

This is literally your career is it really worth taking cheap supplements that might screw you in the end Phone Post 3.0

This is all part of a set up for the UFC to launch it own "approved by the UFC" labeling for supplement companies to pay for.

Mark Hunts Pet Monkey - Means got screwed, damn. First time I can say that about this sort of situation. Phone Post 3.0

He went from a 2 year to a 6 months suspension and he is screwed?

6 months is for not checking your sups with USADA up front.