Tim Sylvia vs Ray Mercer witness.

I was on the same card and I was ringside for Tim's fight.......

Weeks leading up to Tim's fight with Ray Merecer, many here on the UG posted they believed Tim would walk over Ray Mercer. They said, Ray was to old, to slow and out of shape....I gave my opinion and even posted a few videos of Ray boxing. It seemed like people here on the UG believed Ray had forgot how to box with old age. I could not understand this and still don't.

Think about this.....If a old Olympic and world champion boxer forgot 80% of what they knew about boxing.....they still would have more knowledge about boxing then any current MMA world champion....Ray will always have power. He will always have skills.

PS. I spoke with Ray before the fight and with him and his family after the fight at the hotel bar. Ray and his family were very nice and respectful. I wish him and his family the best.

Did Ray say if he was looking for more fights?

i like how tim accused ray of having a criminal record in the press conference.

tim got what he deserved.

No and I didn't ask.

"the fans want Buentello vs. Mercer"

Me 2.

Joe do you train at MFS with Tim?...does Tim still train there?

"Last thing that leaves a boxer like that is power"

True. Also, you must have great skills to win Olympic gold and not just power. Ray still has skills.

Joe did you win?

Master Shredder, I do train at the MFS gym with Tim.

^yep. every boxing coach in the world will say a fighter's power is the last thing to go.

no surprise that Mercer was able to KO Tim, but it was a shock that Tim walked straight in with no head movement and his left hand so low. a vet like Mercer is going to know exactly what to do.

...and ttt for Icon Sport vet Joe Jordan. his fight against Kolo Koka was one of my favs.

"It's a damn shame no one took a pic of the punch landing"

It was over in 9 sec. I was going to take a few pics but......

"Joe did you win"

Yes. I fought a young kid who was 17-1 but had not fought anyone.

"and ttt for Icon Sport vet Joe Jordan. his fight against Kolo Koka was one of my favs"

Thanks and it was fun.

"but it was a shock that Tim walked straight in with no head movement and his left hand so low"

. He has been hurt before with the overhand right. We all know what to do if fighting Tim...overhand right to a take-down.

My boxing coach always used to say the last thing to go was power. My coach was living proof and Mercer was the explanation point at the end of his statement.

Well, since you train with Tim and all, I gotta ask (and understand if you can't/won't answer)...

310lbs?

"If a old Olympic and world champion boxer forgot 80% of what they knew about boxing.....they still would have more knowledge about boxing then any current MMA would champion"

Very true. Sweet science does deserve credit there. There's sooo much detail in it that it takes a lifetime to get it mastered.

"310??"

Tim was under 300lbs the night before weigh-ins. He thought the fight was called off and went out to have some fun. He was told later the fight was back on!!!

"Look, Mercer took a dive in the Kimbo fight"

Mercer and his family had a table next to me at the hotel bar. We talked about the Kimbo fight. Ray said the fight with Kimbo was to be all stand-up and no ground....

I believe Ray thinks Kimbo is a pu**y for taking him down.

Alabama is a fat state, its probably pretty easy to put on the pounds there quickly.