Tim Sylvia vs Ray Mercer witness.

joejordanKY - "Where, at a fucking Alabama buffet"

A 6'8" man walking around at 290 can eat!!!!

He ate twenty pounds worth of food?

Where the hell was he eating, Duke Phillips Fried Chicken, Waffles, and Lead Ingots?

Tim vs Choi would be huge in China.

"Where the hell was he eating"

I'm 5'6" and fought at 170lb. I put on 10lbs before my fight. Tim is 6'8".

"I'm happy for him. I was always a fan"

Me 2 but sad for Tim. Ray was very happy and said at this stage of his life, this win was as satisfying as many of his big time boxing wins.

joejordanKY - "310??"

Tim was under 300lbs the night before weigh-ins. He thought the fight was called off and went out to have some fun. He was told later the fight was back on!!!

So Tim had more than ten pounds of fun in one night? Damn... that makes my seven pound Saturday night sound positively boring in comparison.

A head kick from the flying gentlemen explains alot about Mercer.

jmcc445 - 
joejordanKY - "Look, Mercer took a dive in the Kimbo fight"

Mercer and his family had a table next to me at the hotel bar. We talked about the Kimbo fight. Ray said the fight with Kimbo was to be all stand-up and no ground....

I believe Ray thinks Kimbo is a pu**y and for taking him down.

Well if he was so bad ass why didn't he just KO him before the take down took place. Seth didn't seem to have any trouble and it's not like Bimbo is some incredible grappler.

Lets not forget when Ray was kicked in the head by Remy 5 years ago he stumbled around like he had been drinking Mad Dog and then promptly quit. Ask him if thinks Remy is a pussy too or maybe himself for quitting after one strike.
Ray never stumbled bro...he blocked the kick with his glove..he was expecting a boxing match, he was new to all that "kicking bullshit" and was pissed the fight wasn't what he agreed to....

Same with the Kimbo fiasco...Kimbo bitched out like the punk he is(smartfully so)

Ray has said many times let him know ahead of time and his strategy will change..don't lie and bitch out last minute...

joejordanKY - Tim vs Choi would be huge in China.

That would have to set some sort of height/weight record

Rory Singer - My boxing coach always used to say the last thing to go was power. My coach was living proof and Mercer was the explanation point at the end of his statement.

Sorry Rory, but LOL @ explanation point!

joe are you still going to be helping out with the ICEs in cincy?

D_FERG - buentello would slam ray to the ground and unleash a pounding that ray has never felt before.

No, Paul already said on here he'd stand with Ray...

ttt

MMArijuana - Never was a big fan of Sylvia, but his fall from "grace" has been kind of sad.

I was never a big fan, but I was in the locker room with him at the show for a couple of hours and he seemed like a pretty good guy. Not like he seems on TV.
Congrats Joe! Great job man!

IrishFighter110 - Last thing that leaves a boxer like that is power.

Anyone in the world would have gone down from that shot. It sounded like a shotgun blast.

When the bout was changed to MMA did Mercer change anything up in his gameplan, get any extra advice for the bout or was it just straight boxing mentality still?

And what kinda seems odd to me about the whole "kimbo was meant to stand", didn't Mercer train at Shore Kick Karate for prepping that bout? Who's idea was that.

bigmills008 - 
IrishFighter110 - Last thing that leaves a boxer like that is power.

Anyone in the world would have gone down from that shot. It sounded like a shotgun blast.

Well Mills is on target with this one.

I had a few pals in the crowd who are casual fans, when they say Mercer throw some warm up punches they commented that they had never seen anyone in MMA throw punches that crisp

FYI, these folks had no idea Mercer was a gold medalist and or HW champion,

lol@ Mercer thinking K1 was just boxing.

Fire your translator, Ray.

Joe, maybe you can answer this and I'm not asking for figures or anything but, Ray isn't fighting because he NEEDS the money, right?

The original post is dead on.