Time for Ronda to leave cage fighting and go to

mix headroom - 

She doesn't seem to have any natural ability as a striker. If anything, she should compete in some grappling matches.

This is another arena I'd like to see her in. She did tell us she can beat any girl BJJ player in the world. I would absolutely be for this as well.

I just want to see her compete. MMA might not be her thing. Boxing or BJJ might very well be where she excels

http://judotalk.com/profiles/blogs/any-takers-ronda-rousey-says-she-can-beat-any-girl-in-bjj-today

Why the fuck are you still posting here? Fucking pessimist.

SinCityHustler -
Kid Salami - 

The idea of Ronda being a successful boxer is a little fart fetched, wouldn't you say OP?

The reality is I'm not familiar with the talent level in boxing. I don't believe I have ever seen a female boxing match. Perhaps Judy Martin decades ago? I don't have much to go on, other than the word coming from Rousey's camp and herself as well. We know she really struggles when kicks and the threat of a shot is present, but who knows, perhaps she is a monster when it's just hands involved. I'd like to see it.

Umm...are you trying to say Christy Martin?

Steven McTowelie - 
SinCityHustler -
Kid Salami - 

The idea of Ronda being a successful boxer is a little fart fetched, wouldn't you say OP?

The reality is I'm not familiar with the talent level in boxing. I don't believe I have ever seen a female boxing match. Perhaps Judy Martin decades ago? I don't have much to go on, other than the word coming from Rousey's camp and herself as well. We know she really struggles when kicks and the threat of a shot is present, but who knows, perhaps she is a monster when it's just hands involved. I'd like to see it.

Christy? Ummmm, no. Although I'll google her and see who that is. Like I said, I don't follow the women's boxing closely so I'll largely be at the mercy of you guys, in order to get me up to speed.

The women's fighter I recall from back in the day is Judy Martin.

Here, see for yourself.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4do9e_rockin-robin-vs-judy-martin-women-s_sport

SinCityHustler -
Steven McTowelie - 
SinCityHustler -
Kid Salami - 

Christy? Ummmm, no. Although I'll google her and see who that is. Like I said, I don't follow the women's boxing closely so I'll largely be at the mercy of you guys, in order to get me up to speed.

The women's fighter I recall from back in the day is Judy Martin.

Here, see for yourself.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4do9e_rockin-robin-vs-judy-martin-women-s_sport

Nice to see some ACTUAL NHB stuff.

Tough chicks.

looks like she holds alotta farts in

United Yorkie Rescue - ... hell.

She can go straight to hell!

Just kidding.

Sunkist, are you really Laura Sanko?

The screen name, I love it!

she'd probably become the highest paid female boxer in the world for her first fight.

Not going to happen though.

^^^All the respect in the world should that happen. Or even a partial permanent. lol

Stayed home from work today, have a friend in town visiting who stayed with us. Real estate guy from LA who's been a friend for going on 10 years now. Came down stairs this morning to find him on the couch (we set up the guest room for him) and Reba laying on his chest. These little things take your heart with no warning. Not trying to get all sappy here, just a big supporter of these little things any chance I get.

having seen some of SinCityHustler's latest threads, I think it would be incredibly wise for Ronda's team to bring him on as an advisor/spokesman. It might be her only way back to the top!

Good thread 

I'd take a look at what demographics she pulls. Then sell a reality show on a network that targets it. To hardcore mma fans she's a loser, but to the Ellen and Oprah crowd she is a fallen hero ready to get back on her horse and find a life after fighting. 

Getting that reality show money is a respectable way to make a living. 

https://www.facebook.com/atrbox/videos/1429408457071235/

I've got to believe Ronda is right around the level of this gentlemen in blue. He's in the big time but he's fighting men. If Ronda can perform and deliver her best effort under the lights, I don't see why she can't be somewhat successful against the women.

United Yorkie Rescue - 
SinCityHustler - ^^^All the respect in the world should that happen. Or even a partial permanent. lol

Stayed home from work today, have a friend in town visiting who stayed with us. Real estate guy from LA who's been a friend for going on 10 years now. Came down stairs this morning to find him on the couch (we set up the guest room for him) and Reba laying on his chest. These little things take your heart with no warning. Not trying to get all sappy here, just a big supporter of these little things any chance I get.

If one of my dogs laid on someone's chest, they might die of asphyxiation. Dogs would be happy tho.

Ha Ha my girls are about 5 lbs each. What breed do you have and how big?

^^^ Ha ha, your dogs are a combined 245 Lbs. Mine are a combined 10 lbs.

jitsnbeer - 

I'd take a look at what demographics she pulls. Then sell a reality show on a network that targets it. To hardcore mma fans she's a loser, but to the Ellen and Oprah crowd she is a fallen hero ready to get back on her horse and find a life after fighting. 

They're guessing it did 1.1 million. Of course we know they can throw what ever number out there they please. Dana has said uppity 80 year old women are probably not fans of the UFC.

If they did over 700k buys on 207, I would have to believe UFC needs her to rebuild her image (the impression she has left that she's little more than a can) and get right back out there for more PPV sales. I was there. The general consensus on the way out was she absolutely sucks and has no chin. I don't know if UFC can continue to pull the wool over the fan base and convince them she can win, but I'd have to believe it's worth a try.

Sunkist1207 indicated she believes Tate might be an opponent. I hope not. I could see them doing that too. Meisha just doesn't hit hard enough and she can't seem to stop wanting to take the fight to the ground. If she stops with the wrestling and focuses on a stand up fight, I see that bout pretty close to even, edge to Rousey. I really don't know who the hard hitters are in the division, but that's the match up I'd like to see. Lets see if Ronda can redeem herself. Match her up with a striker and lets she what happens.

SinCityHustler -
jitsnbeer - 

They're guessing it did 1.1 million. Of course we know they can throw what ever number out there they please. Dana has said uppity 80 year old women are probably not fans of the UFC.

If they did over 700k buys on 207, I would have to believe UFC needs her to rebuild her image (the impression she has left that she's little more than a can) and get right back out there for more PPV sales. I was there. The general consensus on the way out was she absolutely sucks and has no chin. I don't know if UFC can continue to pull the wool over the fan base and convince them she can win, but I'd have to believe it's worth a try.

They can have her do the big media shows and do a special on big fox of her preparing for her comeback. Show her talking to the camera and saying she needed to make major changes. Show her new gym, new focused Ronda. New coach talking her up. She can say she is coming back to prove everyone wrong. It will sell over a million PPV buys.

United Yorkie Rescue - 
SinCityHustler - Sunkist1207 indicated she believes Tate might be an opponent. I hope not. I could see them doing that too. Meisha just doesn't hit hard enough and she can't seem to stop wanting to take the fight to the ground. If she stops with the wrestling and focuses on a stand up fight, I see that bout pretty close to even, edge to Rousey. I really don't know who the hard hitters are in the division, but that's the match up I'd like to see. Lets see if Ronda can redeem herself. Match her up with a striker and lets she what happens.

Other than Shevchenko I can't think of many good strikers in the division, and Shevchenko is fighting Pena for the next likely title shot.

What would be the point of matching her up with another striker anyhow? They need to give her some lower level competition to try to build her back up. Tate would be the biggest money fight. Rematch with Zingano, Correira, Cartouche would all be acceptable also.

When I say I'd like to see her against a striker, I only mean what I'd like to see for my personal entertainment. I understand in business terms, that makes no sense at all.

If Shevchenko were to win the title in the next year or so, Ronda should be just about ready to entertain returning to the gym. They could then give us a bout against her for the title. That seems to be the only context they are willing to put her in. You may recall they named her champion when initially creating the division. They feel they need her as champion.

^^^No disagreement lol

This is UFC we're talking about, that's the only reason I mention that.