Time to reboard the Pico hype train!

On Saturday 9/23 Bellator is bringing fans a solid card.

Henderson vs Patricky Pitbull

Nelson vs Ayala

Daley vs Larkin

Piccolotti vs Yamauchi

Pico vs Linn

Pico has a decent test here, 7-3 Justin Linn has a bunch of wins by sub and he has been in there with tough fighters like Holdsworth and Cody Gibson. Fight is at FW.

Piccolotti is a big undefeated (9-0) LW coming of a big win over Girtz. Yamauchi is a 23-3 highly skilled BJJ artist with 17 wins via sub. Great fight.

The other three bigger fights speak for themselves.

Bellator also has an interesting kickboxing card as the undercard (think its gonna be on a tape delay though). Can’t find the card right now though, anyone got it?

I’m looking forward to seeing what Pico can do here. Great night of fights!

Sidenote- Zack Freeman is returning vs Sal Awad on 11/4.

1 Like

Here is the Bellator kickboxing main event:

Welterweight Kickboxing World Title Main Event: Karim Ghajji (97-13-1) vs. Raymond Daniels (11-3)

Schilling vs Adali has also been announced.

Hopefully the online prelims are the Bellator kickboxing fights even if they are doing a one week official tape delay of Bellator Kickboxing to air on Spike.

Ross vs Lomurno for the FW title is on the kickboxing card too.

Excellent that he moved down.145 suits his height much better.

ttt

A bit strange how Bellator is treating MVP and Pico, both future stars…they are giving MVP a tin of nobodies but Pico has been given 2 relatively tough opts…wtf

Another tough fight for pico.

ons ear - A bit strange how Bellator is treating MVP and Pico, both future stars..they are giving MVP a tin of nobodies but Pico has been given 2 relatively tough opts...wtf

Has nothing to do with Bellator.

MVP and his team wanted him to be built slowly.

Pico and his team wanted to get after it right out of the gate.

Bellator has just accommodated both fighters based on their wishes.

2 Likes

are you in the bellator offices right now? what can you see?

mindless optimism - 

are you in the bellator offices right now? what can you see?

As a matter of fact I am, Mercedes Terrell just brought me my coffee and a delightful scone from the bakery down the street.

Okami is being brought back to replace Shogun who is out of the fight next weekend.

The Bellator might do better ratings than this UFC Japan show.

RockTheVote - Pico's management is doing him a disservice. Hubris...
Couldn't agree more..... build the kid up for fucks sake, it's a kid who 100% has all the tools, why not let him develop into a star? It confuses me

They are treating him like a 30 yr old coming off an Olympic run I don't get it what's the rush?

The way they're matchmaking Pico so far isn't just dumb if they're trying to build him up, but it's also so fair these fights of his so far shouldn't have been sanctioned. 

*so unfair*

Bellator/Spike are sort of weird the way they are doing Bellator Kickboxing.

No mention of it on Bellator.com but I see on Bellator Kickboxing’s twitter after googling that the kickboxing fights going down Saturday will be broadcast on Oct. 6th.

Why not at least stream them live on Saturday?

The Bellator 183 prelims are the standard local fighter with four fights vs local fighter with two fights. Those will be streamed live but not the kickboxing.

On the bright side, good main card.

I'm still on it for sure. I kinda have this feeling that he loses alot of fights in a row and is a complete bust and haters will hate, hopefully I am very wrong.

That train has a broken engine. This kid is not ready for the pros yet.  He needs 10 good ammy fights before he attempts the pros.  Just my opinion though.  He might run through this guy.  

Fucking damn good card with actually legit matchups. Daley, Larkin, Bendo, Pitbull, Pico, Daniels; all legit.