Timming of this Airstrike

Perception and timing is everything. Through all the internal political turmoil in the US and whispers of compromise via Russians, these strikes sent a message. First, a break with previous administration in that there is no big talk and no action. Chem weapons were used and Assad got slapped within 48 hrs. On the face it looks good, but they only took out military hardware and fuel deposits. US notified the Russians ahead of time, as they have are based together with the Syrians for the most part.

Biggest tiptoeing operation as the presence of Russian soldiers and hardware limits your options. US fighter jets avoided too, as Syria has too many air defense systems that are actually effective, since they come from the Russians. Hence, launching 50+ tomahawks is the safest bet and still puts the world on notice to avoid stupid crap like gassing your own people.

Also gets rid of a lot of the stigma that trump is trying to pander to Putin, as US gave them notice and did their thing. Morale boost for military and US as a whole. Leaves the door open for further action, which will be in the back of Assad's head. Its Not the first time he did it. Assad is fighting for his life at this point. Syria has had chemical weapons for decades.

Yeah but some may ask "why gas your own people?" It's not as black and white as if someone is syrian, they're his people. The alawites are his people. The damascus, latakia and coastal areas are his support. Even damascus has some pockets of dissent. Country is fractured to no recovery and he wants to end this heavy handedly. It's been brutal from all sides in this conflict. Chlorine attacks happened couple times after the "red line", but no international reaction because it wasn't as deadly and was at its peak.

As I said, perception is everything. Assad wants to demoralize his opponents and grind them into pieces. International community has stood idle through this civil war and the only foreign entry has been Russia...in support. The rest were to fight Isis. So he had carte blanche to do as much damage as possible. Syria is not  a democracy. He has and always has been a dictator. Dictators are the only ones who can hold things together in the middle East because they are so heavy handed. Unfortunately for him, the Arab spring movements unwrapped any semblance of power 6 yrs ago.

And Russians... They've been allies since Soviet days. Multibillion dollar defense contracts. Access to Mediterranean port, which is Russia's only friendly base. Now, they've installed themselves on the bases as well. Domestic points in Russia on how it can extend its reach.

Foreign points to the rest of the world and not even the US can stop them from interfering and that they stand up for their allies. They waited until Assad was going to fall and then intervened. FSB and kadyrov forces have been funneling insurgency from their own regions into Syria. If you have time, read up on that, very interesting. Kill two birds with one stone. Insurgency in northern Caucasus decreased dramatically during syrian war. Most effective and fearless Isis fighters have also been Chechens, dagestanis, etc. Also significant amount of Uzbeks. Shoot to kill policy in Chechnya for insurgency. False flag, highly doubtful, This is a serious time when we are drawing lines in the sand.... this was the right move to make.'

Do you even paragraph bro ?

Timmaaaay

Timmmmaaaayyy don't paragraph good.

in for multiple pages of timmmmmmmeh responses

SeattlesbigDprolapsedME - Timmaaaay
Damnit that was gonna be my line

How much Timm did it take to write that wall of text?

Frat

Once again, Jesus saves us.

pretend vote up for Pumpkin Spice Jesus

Interesting how this is the only thing you guys focused on. I am not surprised by the lack of depth in the replies. Obviously having no paragraphs defeats the purpose of any info. What a tard I am. vd me 

808dvs -

Paragraphs or not, you are the only person I've seen on the dozens of thread on this topic that even has a grasp on what's going on.

???? hello friend 

Pumpkin Spice Jesus -

I pressed the [return] key six times for the OP:

'Perception and timing is everything. Through all the internal political turmoil in the US and whispers of compromise via Russians, these strikes sent a message. First, a break with previous administration in that there is no big talk and no action. Chem weapons were used and Assad got slapped within 48 hrs. On the face it looks good, but they only took out military hardware and fuel deposits. US notified the Russians ahead of time, as they have are based together with the Syrians for the most part.

Biggest tiptoeing operation as the presence of Russian soldiers and hardware limits your options. US fighter jets avoided too, as Syria has too many air defense systems that are actually effective, since they come from the Russians. Hence, launching 50+ tomahawks is the safest bet and still puts the world on notice to avoid stupid crap like gassing your own people.

Also gets rid of a lot of the stigma that trump is trying to pander to Putin, as US gave them notice and did their thing. Morale boost for military and US as a whole. Leaves the door open for further action, which will be in the back of Assad's head. Its Not the first time he did it. Assad is fighting for his life at this point. Syria has had chemical weapons for decades.

Yeah but some may ask "why gas your own people?" It's not as black and white as if someone is syrian, they're his people. The alawites are his people. The damascus, latakia and coastal areas are his support. Even damascus has some pockets of dissent. Country is fractured to no recovery and he wants to end this heavy handedly. It's been brutal from all sides in this conflict. Chlorine attacks happened couple times after the "red line", but no international reaction because it wasn't as deadly and was at its peak.

As I said, perception is everything. Assad wants to demoralize his opponents and grind them into pieces. International community has stood idle through this civil war and the only foreign entry has been Russia...in support. The rest were to fight Isis. So he had carte blanche to do as much damage as possible. Syria is not  a democracy. He has and always has been a dictator. Dictators are the only ones who can hold things together in the middle East because they are so heavy handed. Unfortunately for him, the Arab spring movements unwrapped any semblance of power 6 yrs ago.

And Russians... They've been allies since Soviet days. Multibillion dollar defense contracts. Access to Mediterranean port, which is Russia's only friendly base. Now, they've installed themselves on the bases as well. Domestic points in Russia on how it can extend its reach.

Foreign points to the rest of the world and not even the US can stop them from interfering and that they stand up for their allies. They waited until Assad was going to fall and then intervened. FSB and kadyrov forces have been funneling insurgency from their own regions into Syria. If you have time, read up on that, very interesting. Kill two birds with one stone. Insurgency in northern Caucasus decreased dramatically during syrian war. Most effective and fearless Isis fighters have also been Chechens, dagestanis, etc. Also significant amount of Uzbeks. Shoot to kill policy in Chechnya for insurgency. False flag, highly doubtful, This is a serious time when we are drawing lines in the sand.... this was the right move to make.'

VU for rescuing this thread 

Timmmmaayyyy let's take the opinion of the guy who can't spell or space paragraphs

Khemist -

Interesting how this is the only thing you guys focused on. I am not surprised by the lack of depth in the replies. Obviously having no paragraphs defeats the purpose of any info. What a tard I am. vd me 

Good idea Timmy, vd

Wampa Stampah - Timmmmaayyyy let's take the opinion of the guy who can't spell or space paragraphs

Please forgive me, english is my third language 

Timm Timm

Odd that Sweden gets attacked as soon as Doctors there tell the media that the White Helmets are the killers behind the Syrain Gas attacks.

America has gone full retard, when was the last time the US allowed a fair investigation into anything. At least Americans can go die for nothing now like most their wars over unfounded accusations.

Shame Americans are so cowardly and never challenge their Government.

Russia should give Assad quality missile defense system.