Timmy Gorman on TUF 18: Who is Miesha Tate?!?!

LilHeathen -
man meets fate - No offense jeremy, but your boy is about to get looked at as a dick. The editing crew is going to eat your boy alive. He just gave them all the ammunition. Most people with common sense knows a lot of guy fighters don't care about wmma and only knows ronda cause she never shuts up and gina for being a fine piece of ass.

But you are dealing with people who doesn't take tv with a grain of salt. Your boy is going to be that guy this season.

I bet he didn't know Ronda or Gina is either. Again, Gorman doesn't  watch TV, doesn't watch fights on TV much, unless it's a party and shows up to get some girls, lol. He lives to hang with friends, get girls and fight. That's it! Actually, he didn't even know much about TUF other than what people told him. He doesn't give a shit about anything, doesn't hide anything and is always blunt. I for one, appreciate people like that.

He lives with me in SD from time to time while in camp and the guy is pure entertainment no matter what is going on. In the gym most guys hate to spar him because he goes 100% and whoops a lot of big names (you'd be surprised and has been doing it for years). One time he smashed some guy, felt bad because he then thought he was a amateur and found out later he's in UFC lol. Gorman is legit and a super fun nice guy, trust me.

If you're going to be on TUF, you should know the coaches.

Not watching TV is fine, not watching fights is fine but you need to know who is who in the industry you plan on earning a living in.

Imagine an aspiring country musician heading to Nashville and not knowing who top songwriters or producers are.

It wouldn't be cute or excused to not familiarize yourself with those who matter and can help you achieve your goal.

Tate isn't just a fighter. She is a coach on the show TUF and it's professional to know who you could be essentially working for.

This isn't a hobby for these guys.

They should know who is who.

If they want to become a fighter a fan will know. Phone Post

well Meisha was a replacement coach, Ronda didn't even know she was gonna be there so maybe he really didn't know who she was at the time. I'm guessing they don't know who's gonna be in charge when they go tryout, they just know the ufc is having tuf tryouts.

although it does seem kind of crazy what with how much she's been in the news the last 2 years that he wouldn't have heard of her. but he probably doesn't give a shit about wmma.

Vtfu for lilheathan

Shows true heart and appreciation for fans. Awesome guy. Phone Post 3.0

LOL.

Timmy gives 185ers a handful in the gym.

I remember seeing a video of him sparring some fat kid who refused to go soft on some smaller guys, so Timmy gave him the gym treatment.

i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt in that Miesha was a last minute replacement.

He came across douchey, but we'll see where the season goes.

JeffersonDArcyChoke -
LilHeathen -
man meets fate - No offense jeremy, but your boy is about to get looked at as a dick. The editing crew is going to eat your boy alive. He just gave them all the ammunition. Most people with common sense knows a lot of guy fighters don't care about wmma and only knows ronda cause she never shuts up and gina for being a fine piece of ass.

But you are dealing with people who doesn't take tv with a grain of salt. Your boy is going to be that guy this season.

I bet he didn't know Ronda or Gina is either. Again, Gorman doesn't  watch TV, doesn't watch fights on TV much, unless it's a party and shows up to get some girls, lol. He lives to hang with friends, get girls and fight. That's it! Actually, he didn't even know much about TUF other than what people told him. He doesn't give a shit about anything, doesn't hide anything and is always blunt. I for one, appreciate people like that.

He lives with me in SD from time to time while in camp and the guy is pure entertainment no matter what is going on. In the gym most guys hate to spar him because he goes 100% and whoops a lot of big names (you'd be surprised and has been doing it for years). One time he smashed some guy, felt bad because he then thought he was a amateur and found out later he's in UFC lol. Gorman is legit and a super fun nice guy, trust me.

If you're going to be on TUF, you should know the coaches.

Not watching TV is fine, not watching fights is fine but you need to know who is who in the industry you plan on earning a living in.

Imagine an aspiring country musician heading to Nashville and not knowing who top songwriters or producers are.

It wouldn't be cute or excused to not familiarize yourself with those who matter and can help you achieve your goal.

Tate isn't just a fighter. She is a coach on the show TUF and it's professional to know who you could be essentially working for.

This isn't a hobby for these guys.

They should know who is who.

If they want to become a fighter a fan will know. Phone Post

Wrong. This isn't Nashville Pop-country Land, it's the UFC. This isn't about rubbing elbows with the right people, it's about elbowing the shit out of them. I believe that he sincerely didn't know who Tate was and it was an entertaining comment.

Going a step further, his comment got a lot of people to pay attention and start talking about his comment. Provided he performs well, I don't think his comment will hurt in any way and will likely help him get more notoriety. Phone Post 3.0

Also, thanks for the thread, Heathen. Wishing Timmy the best (albeit after the fact). Phone Post 3.0

It clearly wasn't meant in a "oh I don't watch WMMA so I'm not familiar with her", it was more of a dis for picking him so late. Considering this season is about giving women their due and showcasing the female talent it came off as pretty sexist considering Meisha is one of the biggest names in WMMA.

It reminded me of when a lot of guys disrespected Jens (including BJ) on his season.

why is it like impossible for some of you guys to believe he didn't know who meisha tate was?

lol

this is some funny shit.

people will believe what they want to, and it's often the version of the truth with the most drama in it.

Based on what you seen of him, do you think he could smash Bryan Tate? He seems very confident.

thats awesome

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

Based on what you seen of him, do you think he could smash Bryan Tate? He seems very confident.

Timmy is a beast. The thought of Timmy fighting Caraway over Miesha is priceless. PLEASE someone get Caraway to do this!!!!!!!! 

Caraway would get dominated and thrown around just like Gorman does to most UFC vets he trains with. All of them bigger. I can only think of two elite guys he hasn't been able to throw around. If you want me to be honest, none of those guys in TUF 18 stand a chance against him. 

there it is there

War Lil Heathen, did me proud when I bought those shirts.  Knew it was bullshit, brother.

As far as Timmy goes, I know the type.  One of my closest friends is literally, exactly like that.  He can be a hand full at times, but its always entertainment, and he's good people.  Timmy seems like a good dude.  Besides, who wants to hang out with boring fucks?  Life is too short for that shit.

Being a fan is what got me involved in training, and eventually, training with fighters to fight.  There are types like me, and then there are those who just dive in because they have that deeper need inside to get after it.  Obviously, he is the latter of the two.

It took me awhile to realize, that there wasn't really a bigger fan of MMA than me in the gym.  The ammy's and pro's never really watched the fights, and it took me a little bit to finally come to the conclusion that most of the time, fighters don't watch fights.  It's just not their thing.  Mondays at the gym, the fighters were always asking me what happened with the fights, because of course, they didn't watch them, and they knew that I had details on all of them.

Doesn't shock me at all that he didn't know who Tate was, and it doesn't surprise me to hear that he is a gym beast.  I hear similar training stories more on the local (and not the UFC) level.  Hopefully, it can translate to the cage and if he is as good as you say he is, he should make an interesting addition to the UFC roster.

I'm officially a fan.  War Timmy.  Beat that ass.

Gorman would dominate Bryan Tate. I remember Gorman fighting at the union hall in Des Moines as an Ammy. He's been fucking wrecking dudes forever, he's played his fight game smooth now he's peaking I always thought he should have got called up before dudes like Halverson or fucking giboo. Timmy's alot smaller than them and still fuck them up with ease. Phone Post 3.0

At the media dor tuf tate said timmy came to her and said he has no idea who she is. She said same thing that he doesn't watch mma andbonly focuses on him and his career, and she also said whike being a very nice kid? He is a character.

So jeremy pretty mu ch said the same thing. If tate doesn't hold it against him or think of it as eing disrespectful, then neither should you guys

WAR GORE-MAN

Jeremy's right! I predict Gorman going all the way!