Tips for a white belt?

Any tips from the seasoned vets and/or green names would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance Phone Post 3.0

Go hard! Don't hold nothing back. If you are able to pass your instructors guard even for a second it will show your ability to progress through the ranks.

Get your game face on! Phone Post 3.0

Don't ask if your doing better every 5 min, don't try to teach a move you just learned a min ago, stay quiet in the gym... Phone Post 3.0

"i pass out before i tap out"

Never wash your gi or belt. You'll lose all your knowledge.

Mark Bocek - Don't ask if your doing better every 5 min, don't try to teach a move you just learned a min ago, stay quiet in the gym... Phone Post 3.0
Thank you, VTFU Phone Post 3.0

John M -

Never wash your gi or belt. You'll lose all your knowledge.

I thought it worked that way. Phone Post 3.0

T rex arms when in the guard. Keep your base solid an try not to let your body get extended. If you're on the bottom then shit get up. Jk shrimp shrimp shrimp. And once they are in your guard just chain subs and kill them! Phone Post 3.0

Shower before AND after class
Wash your ass
Brush your teeth
Cut your finger and toe nails
Wash your gi after EVERY use
Shut up and listen

Oh yeah and....Shower before AND after class Phone Post 3.0

learn escapes. study techniques for escaping the bad positions. This way you won't spaz trying to avoid them.

then look at how all of the positions fit together. this way when you start your escape, you will have a path to follow.

along the way, pay attention to your posture. Study what posture is and what posture you should have in various positions. This way you will have a home base to come back to whenever you feel out of position. If something feels wrong, check your posture.

Study fundamental movements like shrimping and the upa. These will help you regain posture. Once you have posture, you get back on the path to advance position.

generally speaking, anyway.

Go hard. Go hard; go all the time Phone Post 3.0

"Never break eye contact"- saw it before on the UG and had to pay it forward. Phone Post 3.0

Try as much as you can to go with the best guys in class. You will learn the most when its the toughest on you. Also, those dudes are the most likley to try and pass on some knknowledge.
And yeah...
Wash your ass before and after class.
All the time.
Everytime.
Stay for open mat.
Good luck bro.
You will find great joy in training. Phone Post 3.0

If he grabs you, you grab hit harder Phone Post 3.0

Lots of solid advice. Any advice on a gi? Phone Post 3.0

the main thing is you keep showing up to class, you'll catch on eventually and figure out what type of guard/passing/submissions/etc you prefer.

I was too fat for JJ.

Don't go retard.... That's how people get hurt. Phone Post 3.0

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

Basics:

When you are doing drills. Do the drills! Never ever ask or question them like this:

"But if he does that, then I just do this, or what if he changes his X to a Y what do I do then"

STFU and train.

Ask if you dont understand a techniqe. If you dont get it on the second or 3:e instruction just move along and train train. Instructors dont really have time to explain too much.

Dont start talking until you hit blue belt. Just keep your head down. Train hard and be nice.

"A blackbelt is a white belt that never quits." Their is alot of truth in that sentence