Tips on fighting SanShou?

I'm curious since I did sanhou and now I do BJJ where do I stand.

Welcome to my world!

Bill Easlick

Team Lloyd Irvin

Http://www.novamartialarts.com

p.s. - I'm hoping to have my first MMA fight and hopefully the beginning of a return to San shou this spring.

Bill
you should have no problems,being with Team Irvin I'm still kinda new to the who's who in grappling but I have heard Llyod is man
Scott

Scott, I made the transition from san shou (w/ Mike Barry) to judo & bjj 3 years ago, but I missed san shou terribly, so I'm changing gears to get back in it again.. and since I love grappling so much, mma is just another set of rules. the fewer rules the better.. I just love combat sports period.

I'm moving to OH in late March/April. I've got bjj contacts, but my only MMA contact is Josh Hendricks. I think you know him. I'll email you to set up something! I'll go stir crazy on the farm without something to do!

Bill, Josh can also send you in the right direction we've trained a couple times together.He's a monster his buddy J.P.Pollcock is good to.Were at in Ohio shoot me E-mail
kikbxr1@earthlink.net
Scott

"That single line just shows how truely dumb you are, subs have been around a good while longer than Bjj, as for your 10 Vs 10 karate/MT, if they all train for full contact matches, and have for the same amount of time, I say it'll be a toss up, both have shitty hand skills(trad Karate and MT), karate guys would negate the clinch with trips and breakdowns, you'd just end up with a stand off kicking war"

i have to disagree. there is a reason so many successful fighters are training MT instead of karate...it works that much better, end of story. brutally efficient art. 10 for 10 MT over karate. you would have to have a lot more than 10 fights b4 u would run into a karate guy who would KTFO a legit thai fighter. BTW - MT standup grappling is the most underated part of their art. karate guys would get DESTROYED trying "trips and breakdowns" in the MT clinch.

add in wrestling (it is amazing how many so called Muay Thai people can't tell you what is legal and illegal under real Muay Thai rules, it is NOT MMA) and the clinch is a very different game...

ttt

I wonder if Adam Cannon will ever post again on this thread?

"Kimbo would beat your ass if u haddent backed down like a coward...........
Thats what Im hearing bro!~!!!

-OMA (TM)"

not quite sure i understand your point. fight is going off on nov 15th, as scheduled. no one is backing down. all questions will be answered then.

Adam Cannon

Why are you trying to change the subject? You said you sparred him. Marvin says he's never heard of you.

Since then, he also came here and read your posts. He thinks you are trolling, ie he doesn't think you've ever sparred him. I also think you are full of it...

Is there any picutre of yourself on the internet so Marvin can see if you are someone he sparred with?

How about when and where you sparred him? Some details to jog Marvin's memory.

If you are really interested in a match, contact either the IKF or the USKBA. USKBA can be contacted at corp@uskba.com

With a 3-2 record as an amateur, you really think you are gonna beat a guy who KO'd a pro Thai champ in 54 seconds?

What exactly do you weigh?

"i have to disagree. there is a reason so many successful fighters are training MT instead of karate...it works that much better, end of story. brutally efficient art. 10 for 10 MT over karate. you would have to have a lot more than 10 fights b4 u would run into a karate guy who would KTFO a legit thai fighter. BTW - MT standup grappling is the most underated part of their art. karate guys would get DESTROYED trying "trips and breakdowns" in the MT clinch."
Actually Oyama beat plenty of thai fighters and so have his students and so do keoyushin and sidoshin (sp?) students do today."

oyama was one of the great karatekas of all time. were his fights against equivalenty thai fighters (hall of famers in their prime)? do the kyokushin and shidokan fighters beat equivalent (ranked stadium) thai fighters? without crosstraining in thai themselves? source? does anyone have for sure info on how often this happens, and the quality of the fighters involved?

How did ninjas and karate guys invade the san shou thread?

Thanks for all the input guys. Training for this fight has made me search out a SanShou guy to help out with training. All those that said taking these guys down is not an easy task. Well you're right. Someone compared their style to Chuck Liddell. To be honest, I don't think it's that far off. But get them down on the ground they they don't know what to do. On their takedowns, someone said that they can't put a knee down. I know that's true in SanDa. 1 1/2 more months of training. Thanks for all of the good luck wishes

good luck

yes, all the other stuff aside, GOOD LUCK...

LMFAO....

I know how to fight on the ground and I'm a Sanda guy.

Adam,

Seems like you are ducking the question.

Marvin Perry says he's never met you, much less sparred with you.

Can you point us to a picture of yourself so Marvin can double check his memory?

How about providing us with details about this sparring session, WHEN and WHERE....

Really, do you think someone should be able to lie their way into a match?

By your own admition, you are an amateur with a 3-2 record, a lot of promoters wouldn't even put you on an amateur card.

Maybe you are trying to get yourself a shot with controversy.... that's sad

answers still no where to be found?

Adam seems to be trolling on other threads but can't find the time to answer the hard questions