Tired of seeing diaz brothers lose

GSP fan #1 here, and i love fucking with the 209 fanboys as much as anyone, but Nick and Nate are still two of my favorites. I hope they can figure things out, and make some slight adjustments in their games/training to turn things around.

pfftt.. it dosnt happen THAT often...

I know because I am almost always cheering for the other fighter... and almost always eat crow.

tough to watch a legit stoppage. props to Thomson, he did what nobody else could do.

Will they sue josh Thompson or the Cali athletic commission? Phone Post 3.0

People are cracking their code, they need to evolve, imo. Phone Post 3.0

I dont understand, nick and nate just refuse to evolve as fighters.

Everyone knows that with a little wrestling you can beat them. Moving side to side you can beat them.

They are masters of bjj, why do they refuse to fight on the ground? Phone Post

CARI0CA - 

I dont understand, nick and nate just refuse to evolve as fighters.

Everyone knows that with a little wrestling you can beat them. Moving side to side you can beat them.

They are masters of bjj, why do they refuse to fight on the ground? Phone Post

nobody wants to tempt fate with them on the ground. and they're wrestling isn't good enough to get it there.

8 Years 6 SherdogAccountsLater -
ChokeEmOut - 
Secureg - 
ChokeEmOut - Meh, fighters win, fighters lose. Nate will be back.
He wants to go to 170 no way in hell he will make it there. It's 150 or bust I think. Phone Post 3.0

I don't know, he looked horrible the last few days. I think 170 is good for him health wise but the wrestlers will always be his kryptonite.

I wonder what kind of nutritionest/strength and conditioning coaches they have to make things easier.  Lacking those guys could be a big problem.  Was Caesar in the corner, seems like I havent seen him in one of thier corners iin a while

Josh is a damn good fighter, theres no shame is Nate losing to him

This! If Nate is heading up to 170 he needs to add muscle. As a professional athlete he is short changing himself if he doesn't have a nutritionist/Strength coach working on his behalf. Phone Post 3.0

"I dont understand, nick and nate just refuse to evolve as fighters."

Evolution takes awhile. They'd been winning in very dominant fashion until their last fights.

orcus - 

Evolution takes awhile. They'd been winning in very dominant fashion until their last fights.

They started losing when they started fighting top tier guys. They are just not on that lvl and never will be.

u should make them eat meat! :)

FloridaStriker - 
orcus - 

They started losing when they started fighting top tier guys. They are just not on that lvl and never will be.

Disagree...they're losing because they won't change..evolve..whatever. I blame their camp (Cesar Gracie). It's not just the Diaz brothers. How long has Shields striking been hard to watch? For whatever reason, that camp doesn't evolve. They're the same fighters they were five years ago. There's no progression. If wrestling is the Diaz brothers weakness, why not bring in an olympian or highly skilled wrestler? I don't think there's been any improvement in their takedowns or wrestling for years. The problem is they are so loyal to Cesar Gracie, they won't go somewhere else.

They haven't evolved because they have been winning against lesser competition and thinking that the same thing would win against top tier. It's because they're facing better fighters that their one-dimensional style gets exposed. If they were to stay just as they are now and refight the lower level fighters, they still win.

I agree, I love these guys. I love their style and their demeanors and how they fight, but they do need to evolve. I don't know if it's the camp, or Caesar or what. IMO they need to take a break, 6 months to a year maybe, bulk up a bit in the weight room, especially Nate if he's going back to WW, work on the footwork and wrestling, maybe bring in some guys who specialize in that or something then come back and try for another run at the title. And by that time I would expect GSP to be retired or getting ready to fight Silva, assuming he beats Hendricks...

They can still beat lower and middle tier guys, but if they want titles they're gonna have to work on the holes in their game.

Nate was on a pretty good streak leading up to Bendo. Best he'd ever looked. His last two opponents were just simply better than him in them fights. No shame losing to His last two oponents, not many above them in the ranks. Phone Post 3.0

PoppedaMollyImSweatin - They know what they need to change, they just dont work on anything

Kicks are a problem, they dont use them & they dont check them

They dont use footwork

They dont adapt well

But but but their boxing its world class.... Phone Post

UGCTT_Stu0411 -
PoppedaMollyImSweatin - They know what they need to change, they just dont work on anything

Kicks are a problem, they dont use them & they dont check them

They dont use footwork

They dont adapt well

But but but their boxing its world class.... Phone Post

And that's all that matters Phone Post

Yeah I've been feeling that they rely too heavily on having good technique in jits and boxing for a long time and leave out the strength/power/wrestling that'll be needed to grab a belt in the UFC.

A lot of it is their stance. They stand almost sideways to give punchers a smaller target, but are too flat footed with front foot pigeon toed to avoid kicks and TDs. It worked out when they could sucker dudes into a brawl or sub everyone from their back, but as many here have pointed out, you gotta keep evolving or you're done. Phone Post

They need to evolve their style