Tired of Tyson Vs Wrestler X

So your telling me a 16 year old state wrestling champ would maul Tyson simply because he was blessed with the mystical ability from jeebus we call grappling??? I am no Mike tyson and Ive Ko'd a 16 year old high school wrestler with me having zero training This was in highschool now he charged in for a single and I caught him with a knee......Guess I must be christ...Why do people act as if tyson ONLY has hands ..Just because he is a boxer doesnt mean he wont hit you with a knee or just hold you for dear life on the ground until it gets stood up. And for the guys who say a big unskilled guy cant hold off subs just because he's big and strong watch Mino vs Sapp..I think Tyson is a lil bit more dangerous than sapp..just my guess though..

oops lol

Indiana: I couldn't agree more that the last UFC looked like fighters from kickboxing with losing records.

Even the staunchest BJJ jockrider here would tell you it can't win by itself. We all found this out around UFC 5, 6, 7 or so.

What was the point of all this again?

Oh and lol.

The hatred is strong in this one.

Sapp weighs 340 Tyson weighs 220. Sapp trains for MMA comp Tyson does not. Sapp eventually was subbed. What is the point of your comparison?

By whom i man i ask?

i thought you were talking about somw1 else,ahhhh you mean keith hackney!

If Tyson learned to sprall he would be a force. Imagine Tyson hitting you with NHB gloves!

GOTIME- Mcneely clinched Tyson in a BOXING match!Kimo would only stand a chance on the ground.

Its all a matter of training-if Tyson was a little younger and worked on takedown defense....who knows?

There has NEVER been an NHB fighter who punches as hard as Tyson. Tyson also has a great chin.

also.....

Any boxer that ever beat Tyson in the ring would get killed if they fought him on the street!

As for BJJ-the top guys would submit him if they could get to the ground but these guys dont have the best takedowns- a wrestler would have a better chance of getting a takedown but what then? I have a feeling Tyson could take a lot of ground and pound and still be in the fight. the guy is tough as they come!

Not saying he would have more than a punchers chance though.....unless he trained.

Tyson personifies the punchers chance.

Your Father---

You have to admit Kimo gave Royce problems. Royce could barley see after that fight and had to withdraw. Even Royce himself calls Kimo his toughest fight.

Royce is not a wrestler and so would have to get really close to Tyson to get him down...even then it might not be instant submission because he didn't instantly submit Kimo who had no BJJ training.Getting that close to Tyson is dangorous!

Im not saying Tyson would win--I just wouldn't count him out.

Tyson is a big question mark. To bad we will probably never see him in the cage.

ttt

"its middleclass suburbanit joe bluebelt rolling around doing omoplatas while featuring a shaved head, goatee and tribal tats thinking he is a bad ass since he has found a sport where a guy like him can actually train without getting seriously asswhopped ;) "

Only the truth could sound so good!!!

NO, the past ten years are very clear to me.

First of all i take nothing away from Royce....I was simply pointitg out that he himself said that Kimo was his toughest fight.

As for Tyson I make the point that he could have been dangorus had he trained for NHB.

"On paper, Tyson has little chance against a submission grappler of any sort"

A pure grappler with no NHB experence would have a tough time with Tyson. Tyson is a mean fighter before he is a boxer and would behard to keep down. Plus, NHB HAS NEVER COME CLOSE TO SEEING A PUNCHER LIKE TYSON. If your talking on the street it would take much more than just BJJ to defeat a guy like Tyson. He was in more real fights before he tuned 18 than many have been in in a lifetime.

I never said Tyson would beat Royce, but any idiot knows that even the best grapplers want to be carful how they approach Tyson, it only takes one punch!Think about it....Tyson hitting a guy with NHB gloves!

"Everybody has a puncher's chance"

NO.... Good punchers have a punchers chance, thats why they call it a PUNCHERS chance! Tyson personifies the punchers chance!

Bottom line...If Tyson was younger and learned a good sprawl and some submission basics he could have been a force. But hes not and he didn't so its all speculation. I'd bet on Royce....But Tyson is dangorous in ANY real fight!

ttt

ttt

YF by submission 2:30 1st round.

"A pure grappler with no NHB experence would have a tough time with Tyson. Tyson is a mean fighter before he is a boxer and would behard to keep down."

Beeing "a mean fighter" is not going to help you get up against anyone who knows what theyre doing on the ground. Some people just give streetfighting WAY too much credit. Knocking out some bums on the street does NOT mean youre a good fighter. People who dont have any ground training but lots of fights STILL doesnt know squat about fighting on the ground. They usually try to get you off them with raw power, which is exactly the thing an experienced grappler just loves to take advantage of.

ok Ill admit it Tyson could take a 16 year old kid But boxers havent done crap in MMA

Your Father-
First of all, street fighting is not over rated! A street fighter obviously is not on the level of a world class MMA competitor. However....an experienced street fighter has crossed a line mentally that allows him to react to violence without hesitating or freezing up. Also, its easier to fight through pain and recover from bell-ringing punches when you've been there before. This thread is about grapplers vs. Tyson. A pure grappler vs. a guy like Tyson would spell trouble for the grappler unless he had some intense REAL fighting experience. Obviously an experienced NHB fighter has seen both worlds so would have Tyson at a disadvantage due to his grappling skills. But NEVER discount heavy street experience because fighting is at least half mental!

As far as Liddell's so called "blind" punch.........
Dropping your chin and throwing a looping overhand right over your opponents defense is a legit boxing technique as old as boxing itself, and is one of Liddell's best techniques!

YF- I'm new to the Forum but not to Marital Arts or Fighting. You make good arguments and it's been fun. I'll agree to disagree on some of the Tyson issues for now.

ttt