Tito backing out of his contract?

In Football, the players sign non-guaranteed contracts. So basically, they can be cut at any time. The UFC offers its fighters non-guarantedd contracts as well.

So, if management can back out of the contract at any time, why can't the athletes? Terrel Owens agent brought this up on Sportscenter the other night. I never really thought of it that way, but he makes a point.

I am not saying that I agree with all the athletes that hold out, but I can see where they are coming from.

If Tito feels that he is worth more than he is getting paid, then let him sit out. Dana would of dropped him if he was underperforming, so why can't Tito do the reverse.

I'm tired of the whole Tito situation......

But, fuck Terrel Owens.

Fuck anyone that holds out for more money when you make more than a million dollars a year to play a fucking GAME.

Great point, I agree. There seems to be double standards

"Also, TO has a bit more leverage than Tito does. TO risked serious injury to come back from a broken leg in such short time and turn in the performance he did in the Superbowl. He also dominated during the year.

Taco has looked like shit since UFC40."

I agree with you. I think Tito was way over-hyped, and was protected by zuffa. I don't think he is worth, but if he think he is then let him sit out b/c Zuffa would do the same.

The difference is that Tito signed the contract, knowing what was involved, and then dicked around. And he did it avoid fighting the no 1 contender, not because of supposed mistreatment.

I didn't notice until today that Tito hasn't had a topic created about him in quite some time. I think some people are trying to revive a Tito interest in some way, but unfortunately lack substantial material. The result is rehashed topics and rumors involving an upcoming fight far removed from the spotlight that he became accustomed to in the UFC. How much things can change in such a short amount of time.

"Fuck anyone that holds out for more money when you make more than a million dollars a year to play a fucking GAME."

I agree 100%.......... unless that athlete were ME & I could be making 3.5 million a year instead of 1 million.

i thought the whole point of this sport was to step up just to show you could kick ass. i never thought money was that big of a factor to these guys.

I think that if any of you "wanta be's" had the opportunity to fight for money and a lot of it you would try to get what you could too. I was around pro football for a long time and never agreed with re-negotiation before your contract was up but it happened all the time. If you can get the money, get it. Would you work for less than your worth? some of you rednecks probably already do. Tito is a huge talent and a huge draw. If you don't like the guy don't watch his fights but don't cry about how much the dude wants for a fight.

I think that if any of you "wanta be's" had the opportunity to fight for money and a lot of it you would try to get what you could too. I was around pro football for a long time and never agreed with re-negotiation before your contract was up but it happened all the time. If you can get the money, get it. Would you work for less than your worth? some of you rednecks probably already do. Tito is a huge talent and a huge draw. If you don't like the guy don't watch his fights but don't cry about how much the dude wants for a fight.

What is behind this most recent campaign Erik The Red?

Very interesting bumps occurring.