Tito/Forrest NOT that close

10-8 is a joke. So Tito was on top landing maybe 6-8 clean shots over about 2.5 minutes while Forrest blocked most of the rest or they were not serious shots. Then Forrest actually stood back up and you could see Tito was winded even in that 1st round. Clearly a 10-9 round for Tito.

Forrest landed a couple shots in the 2nd and 3rd that clearly hurt Tito. He winced and stepped back a couple times at least.

Yes it was a close fight. Could have gone either way but for some stupid reason a takedown seems to count as much as a knockdown. Even when the guy doing the takedown does nothing effective afterwards.

There seems to be an impression (fostered by the clowns in the booth last night) that merely avoiding a takedown, or getting up after being taken down, scores points.

That's ridiculous.

The question is "what did the fighter do to WIN the fight?" In Forrest's case, not much. After missing a couple of shots, Tito basically took Round 2 off. Forrest didn't land a single significant punch or kick, didn't attempt any takedowns, and certainly never came close to hurting Tito in any round.

Don't be fooled by the hype, Tito easily won that fight.

Tito lost that fight.

hate it him, boo him, love him he's here to stay. Tito proved in round 1 that when he goes full force he's hard to beat.

Though its hard for a hater, Tito and Tim both deserve credit in what they did last night.

WTF? This fight was VERY close except round 1. Also agree that Tito's strikes were more effective but he was not active enough, did not throw as many shots, he did not push the pace or control the fight in the 2nd and 3rd round (until the takedown - which Forrest outworked Tito on the ground and got back up!) If you follow the UFC rules it was likely the correct decision, Tito probably won; but feck IT was super close in round 3, and Forrest won round 2. Therefore I disagree that the fight was not close - it was.

However I agree that the hype machine made it look like Forrest won outright which I also disagree with - many of Forrest's flurries came up short without connecting so they would only count for agressiveness and pushing the action.

Great fight, would love to see a rematch. Props to bth fighter and I must say - its great to see Tito back in there.

I thought round 3 could have gone either way. Tito was doing slightly better on the feet, then got the takedown. However, I thought Forrest did more from the bottom after the takedown, than Tito did from the top.

I don't have a problem with the decision...it was a close fight and the take-down in round 3 clinched it for Tito.

Why bash on Forrest though? I thought he fought a great fight...he did much better than any of you thought he would and he proved that he's a legitimate contender in the LHW division.

Quit bashing the guy already...he fought his heart out and is a total class act. The guy never has a boring fight...give props where they are due.

I'll pay to see him fight anyday.

titos hands look good. he picked forrest apart with that left. watch it again. he always beat him to the punch with it. and forrest didn't land much of anything. its sad, all these new fans (who dont know shit) think that just swinging should win you rounds. get a fucking clue people!!

good thread and I agree wholeheartedly.

and noone on this thread is "bashing" Forrest just calling the fight as they saw it.

29 - 28 Ortiz

and noone on this thread is "bashing" Forrest just calling the fight as they saw it.<<<<

Oops...sorry, I posted on the wrong thread. Some people are bashing Forrest on this forum though, imo. What has the guy got to do to earn respect around here. Some of the Tito nuthuggers don't want to give him any credit at all...that's all I'm saying.

Tito won...fair and square, as Forrest said. But Forrest hung in there with him for 3 rounds...give the guy a little credit for goodness sake.

Honestly, being there live it was hard not to get caught up in the emotions but that being said it looked like Tito dominated the 1st and the 2nd and 3rd were too close too call.At the end it looked like Forrest had more energy and Tito seemed a little frustrated so that impression might have impacted people.All in all I think 29-28 for Tito was fair.

Agree with original

Close fight...I'll have to watch it again with the MUTE button on.

1/2 shots? Tito went hard and fast on those.

Tito won becuase of the weight they judges gave the takedown in round 3, but really, 1 was a 10-8 round anyways.

Forrest just survived. He did nothing. If Tito did not run out of gas Forrest would have been carried out.

Totally agree with you.

While watching the fight, my girlfriend (who is a MMA fan, who also does Jiu Jitsu and Kickboxing) goes to me "who is Eddie Bravo?" I fell on the floor laughing so hard. My response was "A guy who got REALLY lucky one day and beat Royler Gracie in Abu Dhabi. He is a commenter in the UFC because of Joe Rogan. Without Joe, Bravo would have not been invited on the UFC.

Edited to add comment about Renzo:
I agree with you that Renzo should do the commentary. He is a legend in the sport and a very charismatic guy. The things that come out of his mouth are very very entertaining. Replace any one of those guys with Renzo.

"There seems to be an impression (fostered by the clowns in the booth last night) that merely avoiding a takedown, or getting up after being taken down, scores points.
That's ridiculous.

The question is "what did the fighter do to WIN the fight?" In Forrest's case, not much. After missing a couple of shots, Tito basically took Round 2 off. Forrest didn't land a single significant punch or kick, didn't attempt any takedowns, and certainly never came close to hurting Tito in any round.

Don't be fooled by the hype, Tito easily won that fight."

Great post. I agree with everything.

I thought:

Rd 1: 10-8 Tito
Rd 2: 10-9 Forrest
Rd 3: 10-9 Forrest (but was clearly super close)