Tito Ortiz on the Adam Carolla podcast says

In Phone Post 3.0

They had a great moment years ago when Tito and Jenna were on the Adam carolla radio show... Someone asked Jenna if she was in a fight and she said no because it was "unladylike"

Carolla burst out laughing and there was a long uncomfortable pause from Jenna and Tito Phone Post 3.0

Regarding the BJJ for women; he mentioned triangles and arm bars, etc., being able to fight from your back with a guy between your legs.

Anywho,

He was talking about being in the best shape ever, not being hurt. Coming out of a dark period with Jenna. His analogy was, it was like being in a fish tank that hadn't been cleaned in a year and being taken out and put in a clean fish bowl. Tough time with his split with Jenna and getting custody of the kids, etc. He sounds good. He reflected on the Randy fight when he was the young guy, now he's fighting Shlemenko and Tito's role is the old veteran.

I was a single father with custody of my two kids, aged 16 months and about 7 1/2 yrs old - for three years before I remarried. Granted, Tito has some help from a nanny a few hours a day but I give him respect for doing it. He seems to have his head together and priorities right now that he is older. He is less of a dick than he used to be.

Thanks vu Phone Post 3.0

I think it's great for women, but in reality, the best thing is probably running, screaming as loud as possible, and scratching someones eyes out if they get a hold of you. 

Women can submit untrained men in a controlled enviroment in the gym, but in a real life situation where the guy is much bigger and strong and is going 100% and even punching a woman in the face, she really does not want to get in a grappling match.  That is only a last resort when she has absolutely no other option.

Best self-defence training for women is now and always will be sprints.

I tell my wife if she's in a situation and there's no escape go for the balls and eyeballs and scratch the shit out of him

If nothing else maybe they can get some DNA from her fingernails Phone Post 3.0

If I were in an unarmed self defense situation, I would use my BJJ skills to escape and then run away. I wouldn't try to submit a male attacker. One of the best things about training BJJ is that a woman gets a very good idea of how much stronger men are.

People underestimate biting. Bite a chunk out of someones neck if you are stuck close range. Or bite a chunk out of anywhere and it's a game changer.

Not to stray away into the women's self defense talk, but I believe Stephan Kesting said something about biting and eye gouging being tricky, because they raise the bar as to what is happening. For example if you are losing a fight, and you try to gouge an eye, and it doesn't work, now you have an angry attacker on top of you who will probably take your eyes. Phone Post 3.0

Twizz - Not to stray away into the women's self defense talk, but I believe Stephan Kesting said something about biting and eye gouging being tricky, because they raise the bar as to what is happening. For example if you are losing a fight, and you try to gouge an eye, and it doesn't work, now you have an angry attacker on top of you who will probably take your eyes. Phone Post 3.0

While I mostly agree with this, if you're attacker is trying to rape you, I would say that the bar has already been raised pretty high.

Tio Te -
Twizz - Not to stray away into the women's self defense talk, but I believe Stephan Kesting said something about biting and eye gouging being tricky, because they raise the bar as to what is happening. For example if you are losing a fight, and you try to gouge an eye, and it doesn't work, now you have an angry attacker on top of you who will probably take your eyes. Phone Post 3.0

While I mostly agree with this, if you're attacker is trying to rape you, I would say that the bar has already been raised pretty high.

Absolutely. I agree 100% with you. The article I was referencing was directed more to a street fight. In a rape situation the bar is raised extremely high, and anything that can be done to stop it should be done.
VU for putting me in my place. Phone Post 3.0

Tio Te - 

This. 

I've gotten into the argument before where someone said "I'd just reach up and scratch your eyes out if you did that to me." and I explained to them, if I have someone mounted, and they reach up to try to scratch my eyes, all I have to do is very easily move my head, and then eat their face if I feel like it.  I explained how easy it would be for me to literally grab their hand, move it, and then bite their entire nose off if I wanted to.....

They still didn't understand lol.

But in a rape situation, it literally may be life or death.  In that case, the woman needs to be as brutal and ruthless as possible.  If a dude gets in a bar fight, sure, sometimes it comes to death, but the large majority are just two drunk dudes brawling.  In that case I wouldn't want to escalate the situation to where we are trying to do long term permanent damage to each other.  ESPECIALLY if he's got me mounted and I can't escape.