TITO reconsidering Rashad fight?

Per Mike Chiappetta's twitter:

Mike Chiappetta MMA

14 minutes ago

Just saw that too. Very interesting. High risk-High Reward

Tito will take this fight, then he'll take this...

I say go for it TITO! Your already in shape, no injuries. Take some more scalps!

I hope he does since I am going to this event live. Phone Post

i want tito to take the fight and win it

I don't see the risk for Tito.  He beat him the first time they fought.  Rashad has been on the shelf for over a year and when was the last time someone looked good after a 1+ year layoff?  He's got all the confidence in the world, and he's already in shape.  Take the fight, suck it up for 4 more weeks, put yourself in the #1 or #2 contender spot and take 6 months off to relax and be with the family.  I don't really see the downside.  You lose to someone that's technically ranked "above" you, it can't hurt your stock that bad anyways.

On top of that....I wasn't going to order Davis v Rashad....I'd order Tito v Rashad.

Daddy dana probably had to give him a talking to.

I think Tito feels like his lack of success recently has been due to undertraining or overtraining or generally not being at his "peak" for his fights, which is actually very important.

Those of you who train know that you can be a better than one of your sparring partners, but every once in a while he'll just be "on" and kick your ass. Part of an athlete's job, especially a fighter's job is to try to make your fights coincide with these "on" moments. Small differences can have a big effect on results.

Rashad is a very tough dude who has been training for a very good wrestler in Phil Davis, and most of his preparation will transfer over pretty well to Tito. Tito just fought against Bader, who has a similar style to Rashad, but is built very differently and I think Tito is worried about being able to "peak" again so soon after his last fight even though he took very little damage in that fight.

It's pretty gutsy for him to take this fight, if he does. Much respect, but I hope it's a good decision for him since he just got his first win in 5 years.

FieryErmine - I think Tito feels like his lack of success recently has been due to undertraining or overtraining or generally not being at his "peak" for his fights, which is actually very important.

Those of you who train know that you can be a better than one of your sparring partners, but every once in a while he'll just be "on" and kick your ass. Part of an athlete's job, especially a fighter's job is to try to make your fights coincide with these "on" moments. Small differences can have a big effect on results.

Rashad is a very tough dude who has been training for a very good wrestler in Phil Davis, and most of his preparation will transfer over pretty well to Tito. Tito just fought against Bader, who has a similar style to Rashad, but is built very differently and I think Tito is worried about being able to "peak" again so soon after his last fight even though he took very little damage in that fight.

It's pretty gutsy for him to take this fight, if he does. Much respect, but I hope it's a good decision for him since he just got his first win in 5 years.

Great post.

Brave move by Tito if he does, this isn't the untested Rashad Evans he fought in 2007. Phone Post

caposa - Brave move by Tito if he does, this isn't the untested Rashad Evans he fought in 2007. Phone Post

Yes it is, and he's been sitting on his ass for over a year Phone Post

topshelf720 -  I don't see the risk for Tito.  He beat him the first time they fought.  Rashad has been on the shelf for over a year and when was the last time someone looked good after a 1+ year layoff?  He's got all the confidence in the world, and he's already in shape.  Take the fight, suck it up for 4 more weeks, put yourself in the #1 or #2 contender spot and take 6 months off to relax and be with the family.  I don't really see the downside.  You lose to someone that's technically ranked "above" you, it can't hurt your stock that bad anyways.

This is a huge risk for Tito, At this point ANY loss could cost him his job (even a loss to someone above him). But not taking the fight might cost him his job too. Phone Post

Rucking Fetard -
caposa - Brave move by Tito if he does, this isn't the untested Rashad Evans he fought in 2007. Phone Post

Yes it is, and he's been sitting on his ass for over a year Phone Post

He has indeed been out for over a year, but he certainly hasn't been sitting on his ass.

Since the Rampage fight, Rashad has recovered from an injury, prepared for the fight with Shogun, injured again, and now has been training for Davis. He hasn't just been sitting around collecting dust.

On the otherside, if Tito was to accept this fight, it will be the first time he has fought twice in one year since 2006. On less than 4 weeks notice this is a huge risk. Phone Post

TITO WILL WIN!!!

God I hope he takes the fight, I was going to buy anyway but Tito would make it worth it to me!! Phone Post

EasyTapper - 
topshelf720 -  I don't see the risk for Tito.  He beat him the first time they fought.  Rashad has been on the shelf for over a year and when was the last time someone looked good after a 1+ year layoff?  He's got all the confidence in the world, and he's already in shape.  Take the fight, suck it up for 4 more weeks, put yourself in the #1 or #2 contender spot and take 6 months off to relax and be with the family.  I don't really see the downside.  You lose to someone that's technically ranked "above" you, it can't hurt your stock that bad anyways.
This is a huge risk for Tito, At this point ANY loss could cost him his job (even a loss to someone above him). But not taking the fight might cost him his job too. Phone Post

No way Dana would cut Tito for a loss after saving and providing much more hype for what seemed like a relatively un-anticipaticted ppv. I know Dana can be slimey sometimes, but I don't think he'd stoop that low. 

Give him back his original contract PLUS a cut of the gate.

Ortiz is in a WIN/WIN situation. Period.

I'm a huge Tito fan so I can live with him taking it or not.

Plus he has a real good chance of winning Phone Post

I hope this happens.