tito vs frank shamrock will happen

See i think the tito circa 2001 would probably beat frank. He was at the top of his game then. But they say you're as good as your last fight. And he was junk in the rashad fight. That tito will get beat handily by Frank.

How is Frank going to win the fight? He can't stop Tito's takedowns, and
Tito actually has a ground game now. It would be a one sided beatdown.

Imagine this card on CBS:

Cung Le vs. Robbie Lawler

Tito Ortiz vs. Frank Shamrock

Kimbo Slice vs. TBA (perhaps Tim Sylvia?)

'How is Frank going to win the fight? He can't stop Tito's takedowns, and Tito actually has a ground game now. It would be a one sided beatdown.'

weather the storm on the ground, make tito work, wait for each round to start, hit tito in his chin

kimbo wont fight big tim anytime soon, as elitexc will not want there prize pony sent to the dog food factory. But him verse a middle of the road hw with good name recognition would be great.

the fight would have to take place at a catch weight say 195 as tito at 205 would gnp frank into oblivion. But frank still has no chance he has beet no one regarded as top ten in the last 9 years and while Tito has had less then great success he has still lasted 3 rounds with lidell, went the distance with griffen, and would have beet rashad had there been no fence grabbing. Tito with or with out elbows still takes down shammy and pounds him to a decision victory at worst, at best frank gets the same treatment his brother got.

but i would still pay to see this...

"weather the storm on the ground, make tito work, wait for each round to
start, hit tito in his chin"

Considering what Renzo was able to do to Frank with a 15 pound weight
disadvantage and without highly touted wrestling skills, I think Tito would

take Frank down rather easily and work him over. Tito is a lot better than
he was 8 or 9 years ago.

'Considering what Renzo was able to do to Frank with a 15 pound weight disadvantage and without highly touted wrestling skills, I think Tito would take Frank down rather easily and work him over. Tito is a lot better than he was 8 or 9 years ago.'

considered renzo didnt throw any strikes your point doesnt mean much

A beatdown would mean you have to throw some strikes and give space, renzo played ADCC rules, big difference.

Tito's GnP was better back in the day and he is coming off multiple knee injurys.

Frank still hasnt taken much punsihment from anyone on the ground.

It would still be a pretty close fight IMO.

If it was a 3 rounder Tito probably would grind out a desicion, dont really see a beatdown though.

"Tito's GnP was better back in the day and he is coming off multiple knee
injurys."

I don't think Tito's GnP is worse than it used to be, he's just been fighting
better opponents. Also consider that he'd outsize Frank by a good 20
pounds.

"Frank still hasnt taken much punsihment from anyone on the ground."

Yea, that's what happens when you fight 6 times in 8 years and don't
fight a single wrestler in all that time.

lol stryfer

you read my other thread huh?

Tomato Can is right on all points. If Frank was no sub threat from the bottom in their first fight, why would he be now? He didn't exactly look like a ground wizard on his back against Renzo or even Baroni. These days Tito has much better cardio than Frank and it would only be a three round fight anyway.

would it be a 3 round fight? or can they call it a superfight.. since they will be at a catchweight?

and make it 5 rounds?