Tito's biggest achievement in 2006

...is to convince people that he is a new fighter. Now, I don't mean any disrespect, because I think Tito is one of the greats, but I am missing what people are seeing in him right now when they say he's going to win. What has changed in the past two years!?

He's fought Ken twice to great success, but Ken is way past his prime. Ken is a legend, and all that, but he is not in this game anymore. Aside from that, he has managed to scrape some meager decision wins over guys that Chuck would utterly dismantle!

Chucks FIVE KO's in that time have been fantastic and decisive victories against opponents that Tito does not really hold a candle to. I'd take Sobral over Ortiz, just as I would Couture over Ortiz (again).

Ortiz's greatest ability is self promotion. I think he's talking his talk and walking his walk into a huge payday for this fight, and when he loses decisively, I think he will be done. His hype machine will crash and everyone calling for an Ortiz victory will be shaking their heads and thinking "Whoa! Why did I think he would win this?!"

agreed

but i dont think many people are picking him to win, although it would be interesting

I thought it was only the TUF noobs, until I read the latest MMA Weekly article on the subject...

I'd like to see Tito win, but you are correct.

I just don't see it as the "Biggest MMA Event ever", or "The one we have waited our entire lives for" or any of the other tag lines. I am looking forward to the Bisping/Schafer fight more than this one. I am not even sure I will order it...

No comments from the Tito gallery?!

^ We are trying to get our bearings...this thread poked us in the eye

His biggest achievement by far is nailing Jenna Jameson, duh. That being said, Tito does seem more hungry this time and may give Chuck trouble but I definitely see Chuck putting him to sleep.

ROFL @ "^ We are trying to get our bearings...this thread poked us in the eye"

Fair enough Sac...

Nailing JJ isn't an achievement. There have been far more guys (and girls) who have done that, than have won a belt in the UFC. And Pride. And probably boxing. And wrestling... etc etc

"I just don't see it as the "Biggest MMA Event ever", or "The one we have waited our entire lives for" or any of the other tag lines. I am looking forward to the Bisping/Schafer fight more than this one. I am not even sure I will order it..."

That is the best statement I've heard all year. I want to see this match, and I'll go to watch it like I do for every UFC, but I don't understand the hype either.

Some people make it sound like Tito has been on a winning Rampage since his loss to Chuck and that simply is not true. Out of his five wins, two of them were against Ken Shamrock, who Tito already demolished before, and two of his other wins were close decisions against B Level fighters that could have gone either way. And the fifth win was a boring decision against Partick Cote, who is now at middleweight.

Five wins in a row is a great acheievement, but Tito has not proven that he's a different fighter since him and Chuck fought the first time.

Tito's biggest accomplishment is figuring out how to defeat the looping xyience punch.

Ask forrest.

Tito's biggest accomplishment was convincing people that he actually WON the Belfort match.

defense against the thumb is all he needs

"Tito's biggest accomplishment was convincing people that he actually WON the Belfort match."

He still hasn't convinced me.

I can honestly say that out of all the UFC headlining bouts this year, this one is my LEAST anticipated.

I think this fight will be enjoyable for me. I think we will see the best Tito Ortiz in his lifetime, and if so he will take a LOT of punishment before he goes down. I like Tito, but I think Chuck has him beat in every aspect of the game.

In 2006 his biggest accomplishment was having Kendall and Bisping win
the TUF 3 season.

Biggest gate? That is just a testament to the TUF noobs. Congrats to Dana for pulling them in, but dammit man, educate them!

"His biggest achievement is fighting 4 times in one year."

Dude, that is NOTHING. Shannon Ritch fought 8 times this year, and he faced much steeper competition.

lmao at sac